2021-22 Schedule Opener@Home 10/15 Chi

MadDog2020

34 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Please tell me we don't play the rags 4 in a row? I mean LOL on Goodrow and all that too but I'm more worried about being their bitch and even in our own building.

Gtfo with that mentality man. The Rangers suck. Always have.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Gtfo with that mentality man. The Rangers suck. Always have.

Sorry if winning cups the last one 18 years ago and missing the playoffs 8 of the last 9 is good enough, I'm tired of losing period. Doesn't even matter who it's to honestly. I don't find any solace in we're working towards a window, blah, blah.  Fu*k off if that doesn't line up with your opinion with being a real fan.  Who gives a fu&k about the rags, when all we've got is making fun of other teams it's time to look inward.  But hey I've said this before for those of you that are ok with the way things are and find some kind of comfort in what happened in 2002-2003 that's great OR well at least the rag or isles haven't won anything . But IMO gtfo out with that mentality who gives a sh!t when our own house reeks, it's not personal in any way towards anyone. The last decade with the exception of one year has been garbage imo. 

Yay the rags, pens, flyers  and isles suck and always will.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

As a season ticket holder I'm not in love with this schedule, too many 3 and 4 home games in 1 week. Hate the two sets of back to back sat/sun home games. October is way too packed. New Years Eve game. I'll be using quite a few buybacks with how this schedule is set. 

Good for you for continuing to stick it out! Hoping for better results and at least entertaining games and maybe even some that mean something after the mid-way point. You're a trooper.

Feels so far away, 10/15. You figure a few weeks before that with preseason and we have at least two months before live hockey again.

I also have my doubts they start on time, the new "wave" of covid will somehow catch the NHL Clown show execs off guard and get delayed. The NFL with all of its onerous rules are already encountering issues with training camps opening.

Speaking of that, if there is a dangerous wave ongoing, there is no way there will be indoor fans, vaccinated or not.

Jeez, I just looked at the new covid #'s. FML.

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

Feels so far away, 10/15. You figure a few weeks before that with preseason and we have at least two months before live hockey again.

I also have my doubts they start on time, the new "wave" of covid will somehow catch the NHL Clown show execs off guard and get delayed. The NFL with all of its onerous rules are already encountering issues with training camps opening.

Speaking of that, if there is a dangerous wave ongoing, there is no way there will be indoor fans, vaccinated or not.

Unfortunately I think you are right.  I don't know how much longer the majority of NHL teams can survive financially without fans in the stands.  Hoping things level off with the Covid #'s and it doesn't get to that, but the spike we have been seeing the past few weeks is worrisome.

16 hours ago, titans04 said:

Sorry if winning cups the last one 18 years ago and missing the playoffs 8 of the last 9 is good enough, I'm tired of losing period. Doesn't even matter who it's to honestly. I don't find any solace in we're working towards a window, blah, blah.  Fu*k off if that doesn't line up with your opinion with being a real fan.  Who gives a fu&k about the rags, when all we've got is making fun of other teams it's time to look inward.  But hey I've said this before for those of you that are ok with the way things are and find some kind of comfort in what happened in 2002-2003 that's great OR well at least the rag or isles haven't won anything . But IMO gtfo out with that mentality who gives a sh!t when our own house reeks, it's not personal in any way towards anyone. The last decade with the exception of one year has been garbage imo. 

Yay the rags, pens, flyers  and isles suck and always will.

Real kicker is that on the latest Devils podcast the guest they have on ranks the Devils' prospect pool at like 7-8.  Now, I'm not sure if that includes graduated guys like Nico, Hughes, Smith, etc.

But after all this putrid play that rank caught me a little off guard.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

FWIW, most of the new COVID numbers are coming from a handful of states, all in warmer weather climates.  It's also still much better than it was back in Dec-March timeframe as well.

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Oh it's coming for sure.

Devils have been quiet on this front, which makes sense considering the season is a few months away and things can change quickly one way or the other but Prudential Center and Red Bull Arena have been having events with no requirements so far. The rock had a concert and a boxing event so far and RBA has been having soccer games. 

Things are trending toward vaccinations being required now. Obviously the whole “you don’t need a mask if you are vaccinated, you do if you aren’t, but we aren’t going to check” concept wasn’t the best idea. 

Edited by mfitz804

• 3 weeks later...

They released the times for all the games. 

I know some people won't be happy that there isn't more but I hate afternoon games so only having 7 of them is fine by me.

It's the two sets of back to back on Saturday and Sunday afternoon home games that is absolutely miserable to me. I'm gonna probably try to just sell off or use a buyback for the Saturday ones.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

They released the times for all the games. 

I know some people won't be happy that there isn't more but I hate afternoon games so only having 7 of them is fine by me.

It's the two sets of back to back on Saturday and Sunday afternoon home games that is absolutely miserable to me. I'm gonna probably try to just sell off or use a buyback for the Saturday ones.

I loathe afternoon games too, so good by me as well. Hockey is supposed to be played at night. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

I definitely liked the afternoon games when my daughter was younger, she used to go to sleep at 7:30-8:00 so staying to the end of a night game was a bit taxing. 

Now that she is older and stays up later, afternoon games are more likely to conflict with her various activities, he one theater program for example meets only on Saturday afternoons. 

So now I don’t care about afternoon games anymore. 

• Like 2