Jump to content

gdt: round 2 onwards. 11am ET


DevilMinder
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

For second round onwards. The#4oa thread is too encompassing at this point.

Lol that is certainly one way to describe it!

Some good prospects still available for round 2. Don't see the Devils trading into this round, but the top 10 drafting teams have some good options: Raty, Chibrikov, Pastujov, Pinelli, and (my pipe dram of a 3rd round pick) Stanislav Svozil.

Any chance a player like Scott Morrow falls into the third round?

Edited by nessus
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feel like the team that grabs Raty in the second round could look smart in a few years.  Seems like a low risk / high reward type move in the 2nd round.

Agreed that I don't see the Devils trading into the round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Feel like the team that grabs Raty in the second round could look smart in a few years.  Seems like a low risk / high reward type move in the 2nd round.

Agreed that I don't see the Devils trading into the round.

I think this happens every year but I really can’t remember it “working out”. The two big ones I remember (players who had first round grades who plummeted pre-draft) are Popugaev and Ho Sang. Several teams had multiple first round picks and still didn’t think he was worthy of a flier. 

He might be the exception to the rule, but it sorta feels like every year there’s a “wow omg this guy dropped out of the first round, we gotta get him!” and it rarely ever pans out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I agree it’s unlikely we trade into the second, and while I hope we aren’t actively shopping Subban, if there’s a team with an early 2nd round pick and a player we love is still out there - the value might be there for a Subby (half retained) for a 2nd and a 4th or something along those lines. 

That being said, considering the Devils “reached” for their second pick yesterday, it seems unlikely that there is anyone in this collection of players that the Devils like enough to make that kind of trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Larry Brooks: Source said that Seth Jones had told the Columbus Blue Jackets that he would only sign a contract extension with either the Dallas Stars or Chicago Blackhawks.

When the Stars dropped out of the trade talks, the Blue Jackets focused on a Blackhawks deal.

 

I still don't understand that deal for Chicago. The guy is ONLY willing to go to your team and he requested a trade. That's usually giving a lot more leverage to the acquiring team to lowball an offer knowing it's their only option. But no... they fvcking threw everything at him lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Cam Atkinson going to Philly for Voracek according to Friedman.

If there are no picks involved this is legitimately hysterical. Voracek is younger than Atkinson!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:
 
10 months younger is not that much of a big deal though

 

well no, but if the goal was to get rid of Voracek to get younger and cheaper (otherwise why get rid of one of your best scorers?) this is a head scratcher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

well no, but if the goal was to get rid of Voracek to get younger and cheaper (otherwise why get rid of one of your best scorers?) this is a head scratcher. 

I think they just wanted to shake up their core cause they were both not getting it done. Both guys still have something in the tank so one of those change of scenery thing id say

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just seems odd to me. Atkinson has an additional year left on his contract (4 instead of 3) and while he’s cheaper, it’s only by ~2.5m. 

Wonder if Columbus plans on retaining salary and flipping Voracek.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I don’t get it at all. Atkinson isn’t the type of guy to stay solid in his later years, and Philly is getting him for his age 32-36 seasons. Since turning 30, Atkinson has put up 60 points in 100 games. His immediate drop in point production directly coincides with one of the best players in the world leaving to play in New York. 

Voracek, meanwhile, has maintained relatively similar production throughout his elite, 0.75ppg career. Atkinson brings more sandpaper and all that good stuff to the lineup and it isn’t all about points, but this trade baffles me. 

Also excites me because Voracek destroys us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I guess I don’t get it at all. Atkinson isn’t the type of guy to stay solid in his later years, and Philly is getting him for his age 32-36 seasons. Since turning 30, Atkinson has put up 60 points in 100 games. His immediate drop in point production directly coincides with one of the best players in the world leaving to play in New York. 

Voracek, meanwhile, has maintained relatively similar production throughout his elite, 0.75ppg career. Atkinson brings more sandpaper and all that good stuff to the lineup and it isn’t all about points, but this trade baffles me. 

Also excites me because Voracek destroys us.

Atkinson does too. And they both stayed within our division so...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.