official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Just saw Black Widow a couple weeks ago. Ain’t nothing wrong with a little Scarlett Johansen.

I love Scarlett Johansen but I thought the movie was really mediocre.  It was trying to be too clever for its own good, not to mention that the character, Black Widow, just doesn’t carry the movie all that well.  There is a reason why they had Iron Man in a Spider Man film and a slew of other heroes in Captain America films: most of these characters are best playing off each other and as part of a “world” of super heroes.  The only solo hero films that have been pretty good were Downey’s first forays as Iron Man.  Otherwise the whole MCU has really thrived when they cross over instead of trying to hold down whole films with one character.  I saw last week that sales of the BW film on Disney+ have really dived and it really isn’t surprising.  It is a shame, but I’m not surprised.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, pretty much sums it up for me.  I can see a possible extension for Jack too, though I can definitely understand if both sides would rather wait.

Something that will be in the back of my mind for a while...do the Devils eventually trade Smith + something else for Q. Hughes?  Not saying that I WANT that to happen...I like what I saw of Smith, and I'm not sure how much more I'd want to give up just to have all of the Hugheses here.  I'll just be wondering if it's something that happens in the next few years.

They could literally just swap rooms cause Ty lives with Jack lol

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

They could literally just swap rooms cause Ty lives with Jack lol

I don’t see Vancouver trading Quinn, nor do I see the Devils making that move to complete the set. But I suppose anything is possible. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t see Vancouver trading Quinn, nor do I see the Devils making that move to complete the set. But I suppose anything is possible. 

God knows really. It only takes one owner with money and a vision that this would be a great marketing move (and really it would also make sense for the team cause Quinn is amazing). To have the first 3 brothers from the US to be drafted all in the first round in NHL history on the same team etc etc 

Remember Kovalchuk was mostly a management decision

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

God knows really. It only takes one owner with money and a vision that this would be a great marketing move (and really it would also make sense for the team cause Quinn is amazing). To have the first 3 brothers from the US to be drafted all in the first round in NHL history on the same team etc etc 

Remember Kovalchuk was mostly a management decision

Anything is possible, I just don't see Vancouver doing it unless we fork over a lot. I don't think Smith for Q, the trade is one for one would work, especially since they know what we're trying to do and they aren't going to make it easy even if they would consider it.

Just now, SterioDesign said:

now i can't tell if you're serious or not. BUT i'm legit in the process of finishing my proton pack, trap, the belt gizmo. 

Oh no, I am. I’m not as big a nerd as you but I’m a nerd nonetheless. 

Building a DeLorean also…

Just now, SterioDesign said:

god. dammnit. I either didn't real "scale" or read "full scale" in your sentence lolol Result was i t hought you were saying you were building 2 full size replica cars 

Now i believe you

Securing your “bigger nerd” status lol.