official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

My favorite part is the fake team filled with guys older than high school age still got blown out in the game by actual hs kids lol

Agreed. But yet they got to have their moment in the sun, as it were. They lived the dream lol. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Wow, I thought that was Chicago at first

This is looking south down 206 from Raritan to Hillsborough.  That's the old Stop and Shop/Play It Again Sports shopping center.

That’s a few miles from my work building (it’s off Old Camplain Road in Hillsborough).  Got as far as Somerville as I tried to get in this morning, but obviously couldn’t make it.  I turned my car around about 100 feet or so from the water.  Crazy sh!t.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That’s a few miles from my work building (it’s off Old Camplain Road in Hillsborough).  Got as far as Somerville as I tried to get in this morning, but obviously couldn’t make it.  I turned my car around about 100 feet or so from the water.  Crazy sh!t.

A buddy from my hockey team lives right off of Dukes Pkway E and this is his street.  Hope your shop is alright.

GroupMe_202192_101740.jpeg.5bbdeaccab63533e64e8d170d4b857ea.jpeg

• Shocking 2

My building is OK.  But what I’m seeing in the area so far is worse than Floyd (back in 1999).  

• Like 1

Several inches of water in my office (I'm in a basement) last night, but no real damage of note. We managed to get it cleaned up pretty well and now the floors just need mopping and it needs time to dry out fully. 

My first, second and fourth routes to work were all  unavailable (#1 and #4 were closed, #2 was jammed with all the people from #1), so I had to use my 3rd route. Took me 10 extra minutes. 

Hope everyone is doing ok, anyone who has a flood issue and needs their insurance policy reviewed to understand what their coverage is, I am happy to look at it for you. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Crisis said:

A buddy from my hockey team lives right off of Dukes Pkway E and this is his street.  Hope your shop is alright.

GroupMe_202192_101740.jpeg.5bbdeaccab63533e64e8d170d4b857ea.jpeg

Oh geez, I know that neighborhood well.  That’s brutal.

Hope your bud is safe.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh geez, I know that neighborhood well.  That’s brutal.

Hope your bud is safe.

Yeah he is doing alright.  Just stranded.

Here's a photo of Chimney Rock Road.  I won't be taking that road down the mountain for a while.

image.thumb.png.a39f1a57bb7e5d3e6e4175205b4e2f65.png

• Shocking 2

If you have Netflix, I would advise you all catch the new documentary under the Untold series called Crime and Penalties.  It is about the Danbury Trashers who existed for only 2 seasons in the UHL back in 04-05 and 05-06.  Mike Rupp actually talked about his time when he was the guest speaker at the Meigray expo a few years back.

For those of you who don't know the background the long story short is: Mobster buys UHL team, puts his 17 year old son as President and GM.  The kid promptly decides to fill the roster with goons (such as Rumun Ndur) and later on players like Mike Rupp (he only played a dozen or so games with them).  The team turns into pretty much a real-life version of Slap Shot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

If you have Netflix, I would advise you all catch the new documentary under the Untold series called Crime and Penalties.  It is about the Danbury Trashers who existed for only 2 seasons in the UHL back in 04-05 and 05-06.  Mike Rupp actually talked about his time when he was the guest speaker at the Meigray expo a few years back.

For those of you who don't know the background the long story short is: Mobster buys UHL team, puts his 17 year old son as President and GM.  The kid promptly decides to fill the roster with goons (such as Rumun Ndur) and later on players like Mike Rupp (he only played a dozen or so games with them).  The team turns into pretty much a real-life version of Slap Shot.

Definitely wanna check it out: https://www.si.com/hockey/news/untold-crime-and-penalties-shows-the-crazy-side-of-the-danbury-trashers?fbclid=IwAR1WJxmFABRFgE4js53AiK0hSzxY2zmdRxOUyhtsW27lUauKyBm0L6yLNRY

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I went to a bunch of games during the lockout year, even have a jersey. The son use to be above the ice in like a suite and would scream and yell the entire game. Was absolutely hilarious lol

• Like 2