official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

• 2 weeks later...

the new tv show Peacemaker is fvcking amazing. Won't be for everyone lol but for those who love silly, ridiculous, funny, over the top, gory, crude, dark, not politically correct and very violent stuff. And If you dig The Boys and James Gunn stuff, you definitely should check out the last Suicide Squad movie and check this out.

Has anyone sent a jersey into EPS during the pandemic? I’m just wondering if their turnaround is even slower than normal right now. I sent one in back in September and still haven’t heard back from them. I feel like the longest I ever waited in the past was about 3 months, but maybe my memory is off. 

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Has anyone sent a jersey into EPS during the pandemic? I’m just wondering if their turnaround is even slower than normal right now. I sent one in back in September and still haven’t heard back from them. I feel like the longest I ever waited in the past was about 3 months, but maybe my memory is off. 

I had one sent end of July and it’s still not done. I called and asked about it I think early December and they said they were behind on all team orders and that they hadn’t even gotten to the regular consumer orders yet.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

I had one sent end of July and it’s still not done. I called and asked about it I think early December and they said they were behind on all team orders and that they hadn’t even gotten to the regular consumer orders yet.

Figured as much. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Yes, it’s way longer now. I have two there since August 10. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

had a nightmare scenario happen to me today. on pace to shatter my personal best in golf, sitting at a cool 2-over 70 through 17, with only the short par-4 18th left that’s nearly always a birdie look for me and almost a guarantee to par. My personal best is a 77, so I just need to not make a triple bogey and I’m headed home with a new PR and a big smile on my face. 

Get to the teebox and lighting strikes. Horn sounds, we wait in the clubhouse 45 minutes and are then sent home. Technically I’m supposed to take the aggregate score on Par-4s that day to finish out the card, so “technically” I shot a personal-best 74. But ain’t nobody want to set their personal best on a technicality, and because I never sank that last putt and shook my buddies hands on the 18th green, it just doesn’t feel like it happened. 

am big sad 

That’s a real first-world nightmare scenario you have there lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

had a nightmare scenario happen to me today. on pace to shatter my personal best in golf, sitting at a cool 2-over 70 through 17, with only the short par-4 18th left that’s nearly always a birdie look for me and almost a guarantee to par. My personal best is a 77, so I just need to not make a triple bogey and I’m headed home with a new PR and a big smile on my face. 

Get to the teebox and lighting strikes. Horn sounds, we wait in the clubhouse 45 minutes and are then sent home. Technically I’m supposed to take the aggregate score on Par-4s that day to finish out the card, so “technically” I shot a personal-best 74. But ain’t nobody want to set their personal best on a technicality, and because I never sank that last putt and shook my buddies hands on the 18th green, it just doesn’t feel like it happened. 

am big sad 

A nightmare, as a dream, would have been preferable to this reality. I was playing regularly years ago, and had a chance to break 100. (I have no claim to any particular athletic ability.)Broke it off to get home, on the 17th tee,  can't remember why. Still haven't come close to 100. OTOH, I had a hole in one in another round. Golf is a funny game. Sorta.

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

I am so glad I am not a football sports better. Out of the last 6 games, the championship games and the round before it the only one I got right was KC beating Buffalo. That is 1 correct out of 6. 

I follow football, shows what I know. 

A guy hit a parlay yesterday where he picked both winners and the exact scores. Won $529,000 on a $20 bet!

• Shocking 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

A guy hit a parlay yesterday where he picked both winners and the exact scores. Won $529,000 on a $20 bet!

So after taxes he’ll break even then?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

lol so you’re one of those. 

I say give me $529k and I’ll pay the taxes on it, nice problem to have. 

Oh for sure give it to me too, just making a silly crack.

My damned taxes are so high that I pay quarterly.  But yeah, there are worse things.  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh for sure give it to me too, just making a silly crack.

My damned taxes are so high that I pay quarterly.  But yeah, there are worse things.  

Definitely, my diamond underpants really chafe a lot, especially when I get in and out of my Lamborghini. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I heard that, great for him. I wasn't even close. I picked KC and the 49ers. Dropped footballs on offense and defense interceptions cost the 49ers. KC offense disappeared right at the start of the second half and stay like that for the 2nd half. Why I have zero ideas, total surprise. I thought for a while it was overconfidence at the beginning of the 2nd half, but after one series of down, it kept repeating. 

I won't make a living or supplement my retirement betting on sports. Too emotionally attached to a team. I have been a Patriots fan for 62 years, an original season ticket holder, I will stay the same until my death. I am a Boston fan for all the sports. With hockey, I adopted the NJ Devils when I became a season ticket holder in 1993 because I was living here. I did root for the Giants before we had a football team in the Boston area. Sports are so great IMO and frustrating at times like the Devils have been since Lou Lams stepped down as the boss.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

I won't make a living or supplement my retirement betting on sports. Too emotionally attached to a team. I have been a Patriots fan for 62 years, an original season ticket holder, I will stay the same until my death. I am a Boston fan for all the sports. With hockey, I adopted the NJ Devils when I became a season ticket holder in 1993 because I was living here. I did root for the Giants before we had a football team in the Boston area. Sports are so great IMO and frustrating at times like the Devils have been since Lou Lams stepped down as the boss.  

I’m a die-hard Dolphins fan. For a long time, the Devils’ dominance balanced out the misery the Dolphins would cause me. Now, they both make me miserable, and have for years 😫

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m a die-hard Dolphins fan. For a long time, the Devils’ dominance balanced out the misery the Dolphins would cause me. Now, they both make me miserable, and have for years 😫

As a Jets fan, I feel your pain. Now both my teams are in a perpetual rebuild. 

• Like 1