official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

On 3/1/2022 at 1:49 AM, Nicomo said:

Got my tickets to see The Batman for this weekend. Just finished Chris Stuckmann’s review, and he was absolutely raving about it. I’m hyped. 

I was supposed to work with Chris Stuckmann on the promotion of his upcoming movie but something happened and the producers went in another direction for the moment. Hopefully im back in the fold for the actual movie

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I was supposed to work with Chris Stuckmann on the promotion of his upcoming movie but something happened and the producers went in another direction for the moment. Hopefully im back in the fold for the actual movie

That’s a bummer that it fell through. I’m a big fan of his. I think he’s the best in the business as far as movie reviewers go. I know he’s made some shorts in the past, but it’s cool he’s finally getting a chance to do a feature length. I hope they end up coming back to you. 

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Maybe he’s a Subban fan. 

I started thinking about a totally unintentionally funny show I watched as a kid: Alien Nation. So I’m streaming it and it’s still as bad as it was .

But, TVs have greatly improved, and it looks absolutely ridiculous, the aliens are so cheesy, and it’s so poorly shot. 

I’m laughing even harder this time around. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I started thinking about a totally unintentionally funny show I watched as a kid: Alien Nation. So I’m streaming it and it’s still as bad as it was .

But, TVs have greatly improved, and it looks absolutely ridiculous, the aliens are so cheesy, and it’s so poorly shot. 

I’m laughing even harder this time around. 

Only saw the movie…never watched the series.  Movie was decent for the time.  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Only saw the movie…never watched the series.  Movie was decent for the time.  

The bast part is that the picture is so clear and the whole thing just looks like it was shot on someone’s camcorder. 

Some of this stuff IS supposed to be funny. 

Don’t know why it popped into my head, but it did and I’m committed to watching the full run of 22 episodes. 

• Haha 1

Not that I am expecting any sympathy,  but my wife and I are nearing the end of a totally disastrous Georgetown mens' BB season. I talked to a guy who broadcasts college basketball today and apparently Ewing is as distraught about the results this season as Hoya fans. Regarding the recruits who have transferred to other programs, the consensus is that Ewing expects his players to work as hard as John Thompson did his players; and players today don't have that kind of work ethic. 

It's been a sad season for Hoya fans.

Please don't throw that criminals play for GU at me. Tell me about players' lives after they played at XYZ program and not before. What did XYZ program for them??8

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Think I’m about done with EPS. They’ve had my Hall jersey that I sent in to get stripped and redone since September. Slow is one thing, but it’s ridiculous at this point. 

When I used to send in jerseys to them (it's been about 4 years since the last one), the average turn around time was between 4-12 weeks.  At one point they did have a jersey of mine that took 5 months but that was the longest for me personally.

In reading in some jersey hobby groups/forums, it looks like EPS has gotten worse with their public orders lately as they have increased the amount of professional customers (they are now doing something like 6-7 NHL teams, including the Rangers which they got this year as well as the other sports) and due to the pandemic have had trouble getting employees to scale up their business.  I am hearing of turnaround times of 8-11 months now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Think I’m about done with EPS. They’ve had my Hall jersey that I sent in to get stripped and redone since September. Slow is one thing, but it’s ridiculous at this point. 

They have jerseys of mine since July. You have a lot longer to wait. 

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have a feeling/hunch that in the next 1-2 years EPS will put out a notice saying they will no longer be accepting public orders.

Well we all know that they are not fans of them, so that would make sense. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m surprised they haven’t already. I can’t imagine it’s a money maker for them.

Yeah they probably consider it more of a nuisance at this point...if anything, they're probably hoping the long lead times help to drive customers away (as in, the long leads aren't really a "problem" at all, and nothing they're going to try to fix).  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Well we all know that they are not fans of them, so that would make sense. 

Didn't they used to or still complain to people privately when they get those massive shipments from collectors to get the group discount?  I see it on reddit/discord where they pool the jerseys and their money together and send like 30-50 at a time.

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m surprised they haven’t already. I can’t imagine it’s a money maker for them.

The manager there used to tell me years ago that the public orders were to keep their seamstresses busy in between stitching "seasons."  That was years ago when they had fewer teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Didn't they used to or still complain to people privately when they get those massive shipments from collectors to get the group discount?  I see it on reddit/discord where they pool the jerseys and their money together and send like 30-50 at a time.

Not sure about that, I never did a bill submission. I tried once but wound up getting bored and selling the blank jerseys. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah they probably consider it more of a nuisance at this point...if anything, they're probably hoping the long lead times help to drive customers away (as in, the long leads aren't really a "problem" at all, and nothing they're going to try to fix).  

There is nothing much collectors can do.  Most customizers do crappy and/or inaccurate jobs and EPS is one of the very few left that do overall great work.  There is Keener in Canada, but 1) It's a pain to ship across the border for US collectors and 2) He has been getting slammed with orders over the past 1-2 years to where he has temporarily stopped taking orders several times.

If you have an Adidas Devils jersey you could technically work with a Flyers Skate Zone who would send it to PX who are the current official customizers of the team.  Problem is that they are pretty sloppy with their work, even on the gamers.

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

If you have an Adidas Devils jersey you could technically work with a Flyers Skate Zone who would send it to PX who are the current official customizers of the team.  Problem is that they are pretty sloppy with their work, even on the gamers.

I sent my Nico reverse retro out last year to EPS and I thought they did a great job, as they always do. 

C485DEE3-040A-45E5-9746-386C5C1062BD.jpeg

FB2DBFA2-DC98-473F-B464-02BA527DE1A5.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I might just break out my old Singer table and start taking orders lol

I’ve seen a lot of guys in the hobby start doing just that. That’s not for me, I know I would never get them exactly right. 

There is a dirth of unskilled labor. And skilled labor....well, CDL drivers can pretty much name their price, and seamstresses? Well, you just can't find them. You wanna buy a commercial vehicle? Put down a deposit and get in line. Heavy vehicles have an 18 month waiting line, if you are very lucky. Labor issues, supply chain issues, are tying up the economy MASSIVELY.

Welcome to the post pandemic world.

If those jerseys come back in under a year consider yourselves blessed.

Edited by point
Typo, addl comment