official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Today is a big day

IMG_1329.MOV 49.91 MB · 0 downloads  

Our cat turns 7 (or 44 in human years) this Monday.  We always sing her Happy Birthday, and have a little cake (well, the humans do).  She gets a little tuna.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2022 at 10:31 PM, point said:

Not that I am expecting any sympathy,  but my wife and I are nearing the end of a totally disastrous Georgetown mens' BB season. I talked to a guy who broadcasts college basketball today and apparently Ewing is as distraught about the results this season as Hoya fans. Regarding the recruits who have transferred to other programs, the consensus is that Ewing expects his players to work as hard as John Thompson did his players; and players today don't have that kind of work ethic. 

It's been a sad season for Hoya fans.

Please don't throw that criminals play for GU at me. Tell me about players' lives after they played at XYZ program and not before. What did XYZ program for them??8

I understand how you feel. As a St. John's alum who has rooted for them for almost 40 years, I can relate. It's extremely frustrating seeing how mediocre they are. 

It was another disappointment. They don't get the same talent and the transfer portal is hurting programs like ours and Georgetown. Once the best Big East rivalry. Sad times.

I agree with Ewing on having strong expectations. Today's players have too many unnecessary distractions. Pretty sad they didn't win a single game. I feel for Pat. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the bitchslap doesn’t change the fact that the academy voted on this weeks ago i think hahah. but what a wild scene. 

i get defending your wife and all, but it’s chris rock being a comedian and his wife’s got a bald ass head as a fashion choice not some sort of sickness.

She has alopecia and says she shaved her head because of it. 

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

the bitchslap doesn’t change the fact that the academy voted on this weeks ago i think hahah. but what a wild scene. 

i get defending your wife and all, but it’s chris rock being a comedian and his wife’s got a bald ass head as a fashion choice not some sort of sickness.

Actually it is a sickness she has alopecia. She went public with this a few years ago

34 minutes ago, MB3 said:

She has alopecia

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Their best headline was with the picture of an injured Derek Jeter appearing to have put on a few pounds...it was titled "Derek Eater".

The other one that I remember was when Todd Hundley was trying to play the outfield due to Mike Piazza's joining the Mets...a fly ball went right over his glove.  That led to "Clod Hundley". 

• Like 1