official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Their best headline was with the picture of an injured Derek Jeter appearing to have put on a few pounds...it was titled "Derek Eater".

The other one that I remember was when Todd Hundley was trying to play the outfield due to Mike Piazza's joining the Mets...a fly ball went right over his glove.  That led to "Clod Hundley". 

When Menachem Begin died: “Menachem Dead”. 

Also anything having to do with the Anthony Weiner scandal, that was their best day ever when that happened. “Cuomo Beats Weiner” and “Weiner Pops Out” are two that I recall. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Their best headline was with the picture of an injured Derek Jeter appearing to have put on a few pounds...it was titled "Derek Eater".

The other one that I remember was when Todd Hundley was trying to play the outfield due to Mike Piazza's joining the Mets...a fly ball went right over his glove.  That led to "Clod Hundley". 

My belief is that the Post has a little room where 5 of the hackiest pun writers hang out and live for moments like this. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The best headline the NY Post ever put out was the one when Ike Turner died.  Yes, they really did run this as I used to buy a copy almost every day during those days and this was in there.

The NY post headline after rock and roll legend Ike Turner died. A classic.  : r/funny

Can you even imagine? No way they would get away with that today lol.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Oh there would be a sh!tstorm if that was published today.  I think that was around 2007ish IIRC.

Yeah that ain’t flying today, no way.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone very iPhone savvy? For no reason and with no explanation, all of our iPhones and iPads will only print with 4x6 paper as the only option. 

I went through all of the settings for the printer, and eventually uninstalled/reinstalled it on my network, and still the problem exists. 

Anyone have any idea??

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StarDew said:

Last season I watched was the one where Cersei did her walk of shame.  Is it worth watching the rest of GoT?

There’s some good stuff after that. It’s really just the final season (and particularly the series finale) where it really turns to sh!t. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

There’s some good stuff after that. It’s really just the final season (and particularly the series finale) where it really turns to sh!t. 

I definitely don’t hate the last season like a lot of people do, although it was clearly the worst season. It just had a “let’s just get this sh!t over with” kind of vibe. 

Kind of like the Devils’ gameplay in April.