official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

thanks for asking dude. He's the best. It's pure and total anarchy and chaos around the house 24/7 and sometimes it feels like I'm trying to survive a literal war, but endlessly worth it. 

Sounds like you’re doing it right, then.

And it only gets better. And everyone that tells you that it goes fast, believe them. The fact that my daughter is 15 and in high school, and has occasionally has boys calling her, Is so completely weird. I still spend as much time with her as I possibly can, because in the scheme of things, there’s probably only a few more years of that.

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It will never cease to amaze me what some parents will name their children.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not even a hockey player and I want to use the #2OA to draft him. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StarDew said:

I grew up with a Merry Kristmas, Peter and Bunni Rabbitt. Also worked with George George.

Fvcking Peter Rabbitt’s parents hated him from birth lol. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You would have memes and puns for daaaaays lol

Dude’s name IS a meme, I would be unstoppable. 

• Haha 1

Gonna take the opportunity to brag about my kid here, she was just nominated for the local Catholic school version of the Tony Awards, which I’m told is quite a feat as a freshman. Guessing she will be really excited.

I don’t know because, of course, she’s in rehearsal for another show right now. That’s how these things happen. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, MB3 said:

congratulations to your daughter, and to you!

Thanks man. She’s a combination of very happy and humble, one of her good friends (a senior) is also nominated, and she said she’s rooting for her because it’s her last chance. 

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

not sure if anyone likes post malone’s music, but he just dropped his fourth studio album and it’s absolutely fvcking fantastic. 

between this and k dot’s new album i’m in musical fvcking bliss right now 

I never got into Post Malone but during the early days of the pandemic he covered a ton of Nirvana songs in a little live-from-home concert if I remember right and I thought it was fantastic. Having no real knowledge of his music going into it, it really blew me away

On 5/28/2022 at 10:33 PM, pumpkin cutter said:

idk how this came on my youtube... but holy sh!t.

Her best asset is that she can definitely keep time.  Her general technique needs a lot of work (and she looks a little uncomfortable with the way her kit is set up), but there is plenty there to work with…if she puts the time and practice in, she has the potential to become very good…she’s ahead of the game for sure.  As good as she is for her age (and she’s up there), you’d be very surprised how frighteningly excellent some even younger drummers/percussionists are.  

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Her best asset is that she can definitely keep time.  Her general technique needs a lot of work (and she looks a little uncomfortable with the way her kit is set up), but there is plenty there to work with…if she puts the time and practice in, she has the potential to become very good…she’s ahead of the game for sure.  As good as she is for her age (and she’s up there), you’d be very surprised how frighteningly excellent some even younger drummers/percussionists are.  

Dave and I agree. 
https://youtu.be/jsDgrKdczAE

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Crisis said:

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads, new and old. Finished with the festivities over here so now I'm sitting on my porch (alone) with an Arturo Fuente and a glass of Widow Jane.

I got to see my three step kids today, only for an hour or two, but we hung out in the pool and we had some cigars that my youngest brought back from his trip to Jamaica a few weeks ago.  Can't ask for much more than that.  Happy Father's Day to the dads of all forms.

• Like 1

Truly bittersweet Father’s Day.

Had a great day with my daughter, but my wife has breast cancer (found a lump almost three weeks ago) and she will need surgery and chemotherapy.  And even worse, my daughter found out before we planning on telling her (we wanted her to enjoy her 8th grade graduation first).  Life comes at you hard and cruel sometimes.  

• Sad 1