official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Definitely were. Did you just not buy from the ice cream truck, or you don’t have them where you are from?

We definitely have them. I just don’t remember them coming to the neighborhood I lived in very often. 

We have Graeter’s ice cream here though (should be your top priority if you’re ever in Cincy for any reason), and I got plenty of that growing up, so I can’t complain. 

And on a darker note - I just found out that Paul Sorvino died. The gangster genre just keeps taking hit after hit this year. 

I wanted to meet him at a Horrorhound convention not too long ago, but he canceled for health reasons. I was going to have him sign a picture of Paulie slicing the garlic. 

RIP Paul. You don’t have to move for anyone. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Not if you had the moose for breakfast.

Real talk: I've been face to face with a baby moose in the Northwest US, and knowing that a) They're as tall as me as a baby and b) knowing mommy doesnt roam too far from them and they are VERY protective of said baby, it was one of the scariest moments of my life.

Like, whispering to myself "ohfvckohfvckohfvck" to not scare it levels of fear.

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is lot that our defensive prospect who looks like Danzig?

Mike Patton 😉

58 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And on a darker note - I just found out that Paul Sorvino died. The gangster genre just keeps taking hit after hit this year. 

I wanted to meet him at a Horrorhound convention not too long ago, but he canceled for health reasons. I was going to have him sign a picture of Paulie slicing the garlic. 

RIP Paul. You don’t have to move for anyone. 

Yes but not as much as actual rappers

37 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Real talk: I've been face to face with a baby moose in the Northwest US, and knowing that a) They're as tall as me as a baby and b) knowing mommy doesnt roam too far from them and they are VERY protective of said baby, it was one of the scariest moments of my life.

Like, whispering to myself "ohfvckohfvckohfvck" to not scare it levels of fear.

oh yah. That momma would have fvcked you up real good if she got you lol My dad is a hunter and i went hunting with him many times and saw many mooses. Those things are fvcking huge

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is my friend Pistachio, he’s staying with us for the week. He likes my wife and my daughter better than he likes me. He’ll sit with me but I’m clearly the third option.

Mostly he just looks at me like this. 

C4A02BF4-98D3-466A-9335-6E05BC08A951.jpeg

Well they say dogs are good judges of character and he clearly knows you well enough to judge ya lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yes but not as much as actual rappers

I have no idea what this is in reference to? Have a bunch of famous rappers died recently?

It’s also not really something that needs to be compared, but James Caan, Ray Liotta, Tony Sirico, and now Paul Sorvino is quite a blow in a matter of months to one specific sub-genre. 

I kind of want De Niro and Pesci to lock themselves in a bubble for the rest of 2022. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I have no idea what this is in reference to? Have a bunch of famous rappers died recently?

It’s also not really something that needs to be compared, but James Caan, Ray Liotta, Tony Sirico, and now Paul Sorvino is quite a blow in a matter of months to one specific sub-genre. 

I kind of want De Niro and Pesci to lock themselves in a bubble for the rest of 2022. 

Yes.

I mean, i'm a movie guy so i highly respect all those guys. James Caan was the best rollerballer in the world.

I was not comparing in order to take away anything from those guys but rather acknowledge that they all lived long successful lives playing guys getting gun down in movies.

While a bunch of actual rappers have been gunned down in real life quite a bit recently. It was already a thing then a few days ago another one taunted his haters on social media giving his location and he got shot literally minutes later. 

But yeah, i'd put everyone that worked for Scorsese on a watch list right now.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Yes.

I mean, i'm a movie guy so i highly respect all those guys. James Caan was the best rollerballer in the world.

I was not comparing in order to take away anything from those guys but rather acknowledge that they all lived long successful lives playing guys getting gun down in movies.

While a bunch of actual rappers have been gunned down in real life quite a bit recently. It was already a thing then a few days ago another one taunted his haters on social media giving his location and he got shot literally minutes later. 

But yeah, i'd put everyone that worked for Scorsese on a watch list right now.

I think rappers are always going to get shot because that’s the lifestyle they lead. These guys are actors, some of them old, so it’s not really a shock, but it still kind of is. 

Unless I’m completely out of touch, the rappers being shot lately are not of the same level of fame as these guys. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think rappers are always going to get shot because that’s the lifestyle they lead. These guys are actors, some of them old, so it’s not really a shock, but it still kind of is. 

Unless I’m completely out of touch, the rappers being shot lately are not of the same level of fame as these guys. 

Not to mention that so many actors become frozen in time, due to when their best-known work was released.  Paul Sorvino obviously worked extensively through the years, but many know him from Goodfellas...guy was younger than I am now when he played that role (back in 1990).  You see that he was 83 when he passed and you think "How the hell did he get to be 83 years old?!"  

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

For sure. For the record im really bummed out those actors died and while it's terrible when anyone die, i don't really care about rap music or wtv so it has no impact on me. I was just pointing out that this "genre" is really rough, they get shot fo realz, while the actors we idolized for playing those roles had long successful lives