official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

As far as Judge goes:

If there’s been a bigger or better “Bet on myself” success story out there, I’m simply not aware of it.  He might still wind up being a Yankee, but man is it going to cost the Yankees, big time.  This being said, their offer was certainly not cheap before…especially with Judge’s injury history factored in.

And good to see someone who, by all indications, is doing what he’s doing strictly by natural talent and ability.  If Judge does indeed break Maris' mark, it will become the “official” record in many fans’ eyes, no mental asterisks attached.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you have never had kidney stones, I highly recommend against them. Sitting in ER, awaiting admission and a determination of what the doctor plans on shoving up my pee hole. 

Stay hydrated, my friends. 

Buddy of mine was verbally prescribed diet Mountain Dew to destroy his while we were overseas. It worked…

good luck my friend

Edited by jagknife

On 9/19/2022 at 3:14 AM, jagknife said:

Pro tip for anyone who is ever going to run their first marathon: electrolytes might be what plants crave, but you gotta actually eat something while running the race, cause they aren’t enough alone…

but hey I survived!

Ever run a half before? How did it compare?

Entered my first full next April so gotta listen to any advice.

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Best of luck @mfitz804. Hope you get those stones knocked out man. 

Thanks man. Looks like I passed it, but still got the scope and stent to be sure. 

This is the easy part. Going to the doctor and having him pull it out like a rabbit out of a hat will be the tough part. 

Appreciate the well wishes, I’m home now, going to bed soon and tomorrow I got to work as per usual. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLeod41-20 said:

Ever run a half before? How did it compare?

Entered my first full next April so gotta listen to any advice.

Done quite a few half’s before. The biggest issue was the timesuck training on the program I used specific for the race. I cannot stress eating something (banana, bar, anything) will help. I hit each hydration station without walking until mile 21/22ish when the heat and a surprise hill zapped all my will power. Walked through four of the final five aid stations. Ran the rest and skipped the final station.

As you build distance, if you’re hitting the wall earlier than you’d like, the Galloway method helped the wife. 5 minutes run, one minute walk. They even had pacers for that specifically at this race.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Best of luck @mfitz804. Hope you get those stones knocked out man. 

Same, best of luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same, best of luck!

Thanks. All went well and against my better judgment, I’m back at work today. 

This’ll fall under TMI but you guys all know I don’t have a filter. Today is my first time ever taking Miralax because the pain medication shut down the fudge factory. No idea what to expect, but I suspect the reaction will be somewhere between “ahh!” and “AAAAHHHHHHH!”. 

• Shocking 1

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Any of you freaks going to this? My daughter would die for one of those, I can reimburse and pay shipping…adult medium…

I might go last minute tonight but I'd expect those shirts to be sold out before I get there. I'm waiting to see if resale ticket prices drop because face value on so many of these tickers are stupid. I've always liked them but not at these prices especially when I've seen them in the past for like $20-40 at way smaller venues. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I might go last minute tonight but I'd expect those shirts to be sold out before I get there. I'm waiting to see if resale ticket prices drop because face value on so many of these tickers are stupid. I've always liked them but not at these prices especially when I've seen them in the past for like $20-40 at way smaller venues. 

Well if you happen to see one, I’d be happy to have it. I’m sure you’re right, though

• Like 1

Just watched the new Thor. What a disappointment this movie was for me. The Gorr the god butcher story is one of the best Thor comic runs ever and Bale's performance as Gorr was absolutely wasted cause he was barely on and butchered like 1 god on screen.

They rushed way too fast into Jane turning into Thor and more so rushed her internal struggle of wanting to do good as Thor vs trying to stay as a human beating cancer when she knew she could leave and help others. For most of that comic run she hid the fact from Thor that she was the female Thor.

So many stupid, unfunny jokes and gags. Korg, dumpling god, the damn goats screaming every single damn time they were on the screen, fat Zeus, nonstop goofy lines from everyone that wasn't Gorr.

This whole movie seemed like a parody of a superhero movie more than anything else.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Aaron Judge hit number 60 today. Ties Babe Ruth for 2nd most all time (non steroid). 

He’s the first person in 61 years to have 60 home runs. He has 2 weeks left to get 2 more home runs to pass Roger Maris’ 61. 

Oh, he is also currently leading the AL triple crown. 

This is arguably the best offensive season in modern day major league baseball history. 

Lol...

• Shocking 1