official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

9 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

While we're on nostalgic ska-posting, probably gonna catch some flak for posting RBF, but here's to tomorrow;

"Sell Out" either referring to the sold out crowd at The Rock

-or the board ads malfunctioning once again. 

Loved RBF. I got to see them live a couple of times back in the long long ago. No ska-shaming here

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 4:30 AM, SterioDesign said:

Anyone here went to Punk In Drublic today in Asbury Park actually?

Face to Face played along NOFX and The Descendents. Amazing Lineup.

I actually hung out with them a bit earlier this summer in Quebec, they also played a show with NOFX there. To watch them play, i went on Scott Shifflett's side and just starred at him the whole show cause man. He's one of the best bass player in punk rock. he's incredible. Here's a quick video

I need to hang with you. 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, Satans Hockey said:

Gonna be interesting to see what this means for the Red Bulls going forward. Rumors have been that the only reason the F1 and soccer teams exist is because it was his interest. Can easily see them being sold off now...

Harris/Blitzer's ears are ringing, I'm sure

Times, this quote from Aaron Judge is not great for Yankees fans. Sounds like he does not expect to return. 

“Getting the chance to wear the pinstripes and play right field at Yankee Stadium, that’s an incredible honor that I definitely didn’t take for granted at any point,’’ Judge said following the 6-5 loss at the Stadium. “Very few individuals get a chance to do that… and play in front of the fans for my whole six years here. It was a special time. I just kick myself for not bringing home that championship.”

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Times, this quote from Aaron Judge is not great for Yankees fans. Sounds like he does not expect to return. 

“Getting the chance to wear the pinstripes and play right field at Yankee Stadium, that’s an incredible honor that I definitely didn’t take for granted at any point,’’ Judge said following the 6-5 loss at the Stadium. “Very few individuals get a chance to do that… and play in front of the fans for my whole six years here. It was a special time. I just kick myself for not bringing home that championship.”

Who knows.  I still think it's between the Yanks and Giants myself.  Can't see the Yanks not at least making a serious run at him...if Judge simply wants out, yeah, not much the Yankees can do about it.  

34 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Who knows.  I still think it's between the Yanks and Giants myself.  Can't see the Yanks not at least making a serious run at him...if Judge simply wants out, yeah, not much the Yankees can do about it.  

I don’t knwo what he wants and I don’t put a lot of stock in what athletes say, but if an active player and impending free agent on my team said that, I wouldn’t be happy. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t knwo what he wants and I don’t put a lot of stock in what athletes say, but if an active player and impending free agent on my team said that, I wouldn’t be happy. 

Given how they were booing him during the playoffs, I'd say there's probably a good chunk of fans who are rationalizing how spreading the wealth saved on not re-signing Judge might be a better option...they'll point to his age and injury history as well.   

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Given how they were booing him during the playoffs, I'd say there's probably a good chunk of fans who are rationalizing how spreading the wealth saved on not re-signing Judge might be a better option...they'll point to his age and injury history as well.   

That definitely sounds like something I would do after a guy decided to leave. "Fvck you, I didn't want you anyway, Zach!". 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i disagree

This has already been brought up a number of times.