official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

So for October me and the partner have been doing a random Halloween movie grab bag and we watched Coraline tonight, first time I had ever seen it. Goddamn that movie has some of the best animation I have ever seen in my life. 

We watched Ghostbusters 1 last night and she wasn't really into it so that was kinda disappointing lol

50 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

So for October me and the partner have been doing a random Halloween movie grab bag and we watched Coraline tonight, first time I had ever seen it. Goddamn that movie has some of the best animation I have ever seen in my life. 

We watched Ghostbusters 1 last night and she wasn't really into it so that was kinda disappointing lol

red flag.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jagknife said:

@SterioDesign Did you watch Piggy by chance? I saw the short it was based off of and really wonder how they're gonna drag that out for 90 minutes or more....

Yeah i watched it a few days ago actually

It was just okay. Some interesting stuff in it but it's a movie where you're sort of frustrated towards every single characters the whole time lol Not something i'd blindly recommend to just about anyone haha

• Like 1

Had the worst starting-half-hour-of-a-party this saturday in the history of the universe. Figured you guys would get a kick out of it so I'll share.

My coworker's baby just turned 1. She's one of my good friends and she invited my wife and I to attend her birthday party. Her house is an hour away, and by the time we were pulling up I was about to piss myself. So I quickly go say hi to her and excuse myself to the bathroom.

On the way to the bathroom I notice a mobile home parked in their driveway. I've always been curious to see what the inside of a mobile home looks like. For some stupid fvcking reason I do the "shield eyes" thing and press my nose on the glass to look in to satisfy my curiosity, and I stare face to face with my coworker's mother in law, who is changing. I yelp and apologize. Off to a great start. 

So I go to enter the house through the garage -- I know where the bathroom is, I've been here a bunch. My coworker has a special needs brother who's about our age. He's in between me and the door. He asks if I like handcuffs. I say "yes!" because idk what else to say. He shows me his. Before I can get a word out, he handcuffs me to him. He's laughing and showing everyone. I'm getting desperate and asking someone for a key. Finally my coworker gets the keys from her brother and unlocks us, apologizing to me. Normally no big deal, but I've gotta piss so bad that I'm almost in tears. 

I turn around the corner, finally see the bathroom door, throw it open in agony.

walk in on her mom taking a dump.

kill me

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Had the worst starting-half-hour-of-a-party this saturday in the history of the universe. Figured you guys would get a kick out of it so I'll share.

My coworker's baby just turned 1. She's one of my good friends and she invited my wife and I to attend her birthday party. Her house is an hour away, and by the time we were pulling up I was about to piss myself. So I quickly go say hi to her and excuse myself to the bathroom.

On the way to the bathroom I notice a mobile home parked in their driveway. I've always been curious to see what the inside of a mobile home looks like. For some stupid fvcking reason I do the "shield eyes" thing and press my nose on the glass to look in to satisfy my curiosity, and I stare face to face with my coworker's mother in law, who is changing. I yelp and apologize. Off to a great start. 

So I go to enter the house through the garage -- I know where the bathroom is, I've been here a bunch. My coworker has a special needs brother who's about our age. He's in between me and the door. He asks if I like handcuffs. I say "yes!" because idk what else to say. He shows me his. Before I can get a word out, he handcuffs me to him. He's laughing and showing everyone. I'm getting desperate and asking someone for a key. Finally my coworker gets the keys from her brother and unlocks us, apologizing to me. Normally no big deal, but I've gotta piss so bad that I'm almost in tears. 

I turn around the corner, finally see the bathroom door, throw it open in agony.

kill me

You were right, I love this story. 

• Like 2

Saw “Smile” over the weekend.  Was solid (especially early on), but there’s one scene that felt like it might as well have been lifted directly from It Chapter 2 (if Sterio’s seen it, he’ll know exactly what I’m talking about).  And the film is also plenty reliant on jump scares.  But one of the better recent horror movies that I’ve seen.  

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Saw “Smile” over the weekend.  Was solid (especially early on), but there’s one scene that felt like it might as well have been lifted directly from It Chapter 2 (if Sterio’s seen it, he’ll know exactly what I’m talking about).  And the film is also plenty reliant on jump scares.  But one of the better recent horror movies that I’ve seen.  

I liked it. This has really been a fantastic year for horror, imo.

Pearl, X, Nope, Barbarian, The Black Phone, and Smile have been some of my favorites. The new Scream was also probably the best one since 2, and even the Hellraiser remake was pretty solid. 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

kill me

So did you ever get to take a piss? Lmfao 

6 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

anyone ever been to iceland? my friend moved there and i wanna see her. I'm expecting a tundra with clouds volcanos, waterfalls, and rain.(basically pnw) northern lights maybe? besides that idk what else there is to do there. 

Yes, went there a few summers ago, in summer (in July…the sun barely goes down, so no northern lights that time of year).  Scenery is otherworldly.  Weather is crazy, very much all over the place…in summer the highs tend to be in the upper 50s low 60s, but we had a couple that reached the 70s.  There is a LOT to see there…Reykjavik is a fun city, good restaurants and history.  Once you start trekking around you realize how large that country really is.  So much different terrain depending on where you are.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yes, went there a few summers ago, in summer (in July…the sun barely goes down, so no northern lights that time of year).  Scenery is otherworldly.  Weather is crazy, very much all over the place…in summer the highs tend to be in the upper 50s low 60s, but we had a couple that reached the 70s.  There is a LOT to see there…Reykjavik is a fun city, good restaurants and history.  Once you start trekking around you realize how large that country really is.  So much different terrain depending on where you are.

thanks! I think i'd like it, since i love nature. 

yea she lives in Reykjavik. planning on xmas through the new years(2 weeker), so i have a shot at the lights. im sure it looks a lot better in person than from photos. need to get my passport though. think it's possible to get it by december 23rd? Havent had one since i was 7 so it's def expired and not even available for renewal. 

7 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

yea she lives in Reykjavik. planning on xmas through the new years(2 weeker), so i have a shot at the lights. im sure it looks a lot better in person than from photos. need to get my passport though. think it's possible to get it by december 23rd? Havent had one since i was 7 so it's def expired and not even available for renewal. 

I would get on that asap, like tomorrow and pay the extra money to expedite it because you're gonna be cutting it super close if you don't. You can go to cvs for the passport photos as well if you need to get them done, it was a reasonable price and they do it immediately. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Be prepared for a LOT of darkness…at the time of year they get about four hours or so of daylight, with the sun not taking much of an arc.  

44 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

My wife and I did renewals this summer and they took 6 weeks. 

My daughter wasn’t eligible to renew as a minor, so she had to do a new application. That took 8 weeks. 

Now it’s the holidays when everyone likes to travel. 

Short answer is, if you don’t do it tomorrow and pay to expedite, you probably aren’t going. 

• Like 2