official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

On 11/13/2022 at 5:35 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Saw Don’t Worry Darling on Friday night…won’t give anything away, but Florence Pugh is excellent in it, and by far and away is who makes this worth watching.

As for Olivia Wilde (who directs and also has a substantial role), she’s pat herself quite a bit on the back for her efforts, but the story itself is SO derivative that most viewers will see damned near EVERY “twist” coming during the film’s third act.  Watch this and you’ll able to come up with a list of 5-6 other movies that aspects of this story were hacked from.

It is most definitely a watchable film; it’s beautifully shot and Ms. Pugh (putting on a fine American accent) is great from start to finish.  But for a movie (and director) that takes itself SO seriously, I’m sorry, next time don’t borderline plagiarize so many other works and try to come off like you’ve broken some amazing new ground.

I cracked tonight and watched it. I’m angry cause this review couldn’t be more accurate, there is one HUGE movie this was taken from and once the credits rolled, I looked at the Mrs and said “the bitch literally copied (movie) only changed the timing of the twist!”

• Like 1

Horrifying scene in Cincinnati right now. Damar Hamlin of the Bills made a routine tackle, got up, took a couple steps and went down. They brought the ambulance right onto the field and administered CPR for over 9 minutes. The game has been suspended, and both teams went to the locker rooms. I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Looked like he may have taken the opponent’s shoulder directly to his chest, which can cause one’s heart to stop. Very scary stuff and I hope they were able to revive him and he’ll be ok. 

Which explains the AED. Looks like the game is about to be officially called. Equipment is being packed up. 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

His mom was there and in the ambulance with him, can't even imagine what that poor woman is going through.

Not something you would ever imagine your healthy 24 year old athlete son would go through. 

Exactly, he’s a football player so you’re prepared for broken limbs or a concussion, but nothing like this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dude has a GoFundMe for a toy drive that had a $2500 goal. It’s gone up to almost a million in the last couple hours. We do tend to come together as a people under the worst circumstances don’t we?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

I hope he gets to wake up to see it. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Dude has a GoFundMe for a toy drive that had a $2500 goal. It’s gone up to almost a million in the last couple hours. We do tend to come together as a people under the worst circumstances don’t we?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

I hope he gets to wake up to see it. 

Up to almost 5m now. I saw there were fans of both teams holding vigil outside the hospital last night. This kid needs prayers right now. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Geez...

Glad this didn’t turn out like the Anton Yelchin accident. I actually just rewatched Green Room a couple weeks ago (great movie). I miss that dude. 

I’m a big fan of Renner, too. More so for his dramas (Wind River, The Town, etc) than his Marvel stuff, but he’s always good in everything he’s in. 

• Like 1