official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. The ignorant gonna ignorant…

It's pretty ignorant to claim that it's vaccine related without having any sort of proof. Just like when that other kid fell off a roof and died weeks ago, same thing. But those people just want to see what they wanna see. Completely ideology driven.

But it's just as ignorant to claim that it's impossible that it is cause we know for a fact that while it's very very very rare, and that we like it or not, heart problems, bloodclots, etc ARE one of the potential side effect of the vaccines, that's not some conspiracy theory it's literally on the CDC websites and some vaccines were taken out of market (or for specific age groups) for that reason. Plus they tell you there's risks before taking the shots. My nephew had a heart condition and my sister had to take that into consideration when she got him vaccinated. Plus Damar is indeed a male in the age range of the people the most at risk for myocarditis and pericarditis. So to completely remove that possibility is also straight up ideology driven and not scientifically driven.

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's pretty ignorant to claim that it's vaccine related without having any sort of proof. Just like when that other kid fell off a roof and died weeks ago, same thing. But those people just want to see what they wanna see. Completely ideology driven.

But it's just as ignorant to claim that it's impossible that it is cause we know for a fact that while it's very very very rare, and that we like it or not, heart problems, bloodclots, etc ARE one of the potential side effect of the vaccines, that's not some conspiracy theory it's literally on the CDC websites and some vaccines were taken out of market (or for specific age groups) for that reason. Plus they tell you there's risks before taking the shots. My nephew had a heart condition and my sister had to take that into consideration when she got him vaccinated. Plus Damar is indeed a male in the age range of the people the most at risk for myocarditis and pericarditis. So to completely remove that possibility is also straight up ideology driven and not scientifically driven.

Nobody is claiming it’s impossible. There’s just zero evidence that it’s the case, and there was no evidence of anything last night other than that he got plowed in the chest. 

It would be quite a coincidence indeed if that was the exact moment that he went into cardiac arrest from something unrelated to the blunt chest trauma. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nobody is claiming it’s impossible. There’s just zero evidence that it’s the case, and there was no evidence of anything last night other than that he got plowed in the chest. 

It would be quite a coincidence indeed if that was the exact moment that he went into cardiac arrest from something unrelated to the blunt chest trauma. 

Well im the one who brought up commotio cordis and posted a video of an almost identical situation, so obviously that's what i personally believe happened based on the timing and all, but at the end of the day what do i know. I mean, official reports are not even claiming that it's a commotio cordis, that's just information i found myself that appears to make sense. They just say he had a cardiac arrest. 

And generally speaking, yes there's people claiming it's impossible (or claiming that it's NOT related when literally nobody has any idea yet). We see it every time. There's been a large number of athletes collapsing suddenly. Or when Hayes passed away, or that young junior player the other day, etc etc. In that window that all we know is that someone young "died suddenly or collapsed" and nothing else... sure enough, you instantly see a crowd claiming it HAS to be vaccine related, it never fails.. (like Dustin Penner did with Hayes). It's disgusting...  and the response are generally a) you're a fvcking a$$hole for suggesting this  b) this has nothing to do with vaccines, gtfo  c) How 'bout we wait til we have more details before we say anything?  d) someone actually explaining what actually happened. ie. was an overdose... fell off a building... commotio cordis etc

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Who fell off a building? I must have missed that one. 

Abakar Kazbekov, a player of the London Knights in the OHL, right before christmas

Early reports came out that he passed away suddenly... then connected to reports that "they were investigating after a body was discovered on the sidewalk in front of a luxury apartment building" and that it was all blocked. And then well all it took was that it was a "young athlete suddenly dying" to get people assuming it was the jab.

Then a bit  later it was revealed that he fell of a balcony or something. it's obviously terrible

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well im the one who brought up commotio cordis and posted a video of an almost identical situation, so obviously that's what i personally believe happened based on the timing and all, but at the end of the day what do i know. I mean, official reports are not even claiming that it's a commotio cordis, that's just information i found myself that appears to make sense. They just say he had a cardiac arrest. 

And generally speaking, yes there's people claiming it's impossible (or claiming that it's NOT related when literally nobody has any idea yet). We see it every time. There's been a large number of athletes collapsing suddenly. Or when Hayes passed away, or that young junior player the other day, etc etc. In that window that all we know is that someone young "died suddenly or collapsed" and nothing else... sure enough, you instantly see a crowd claiming it HAS to be vaccine related, it never fails.. (like Dustin Penner did with Hayes). It's disgusting...  and the response are generally a) you're a fvcking a$$hole for suggesting this  b) this has nothing to do with vaccines, gtfo  c) How 'bout we wait til we have more details before we say anything?  d) someone actually explaining what actually happened. ie. was an overdose... fell off a building... commotio cordis etc

So basically, I said, you can’t say it is related to the vaccine because there’s nothing to indicate that it is, and you are saying you can’t say it’s not because there’s no evidence to say that it’s not. Aren’t we basically just saying the same thing?

and I did not say it was a Komodo dragon, but I did say his heart probably stop from here to the chest immediately after viewing the video. So technically, I brought that up.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

So basically, I said, you can’t say it is related to the vaccine because there’s nothing to indicate that it is, and you are saying you can’t say it’s not because there’s no evidence to say that it’s not. Aren’t we basically just saying the same thing?

and I did not say it was a Komodo dragon, but I did say his heart probably stop from here to the chest immediately after viewing the video. So technically, I brought that up.

Yes we're saying the same thing i was just expanding on that.

And i said that i brought that up cause obviously if you don't cover your base and challenge anything vaccine related you get called an anti-vaxx and all that crap instantly. So i wanted to make sure my stance was clear. 

I was just adding that overall, everyone should just wait for details before making any sort of claims.

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yes we're saying the same thing i was just expanding on that.

And i said that i brought that up cause obviously if you don't cover your base and challenge anything vaccine related you get called an anti-vaxx and all that crap instantly. So i wanted to make sure my stance was clear. 

I was just adding that overall, everyone should just wait for details before making any sort of claims.

I agree, though I would hedge that by saying it's far more likely that it was caused by direct blunt force trauma to the chest, as we have a video of him receiving direct blunt force trauma to the chest. 

There are probably a dozen other things it could be, but we have visual evidence of one. 

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree, though I would hedge that by saying it's far more likely that it was caused by direct blunt force trauma to the chest, as we have a video of him receiving direct blunt force trauma to the chest. 

There are probably a dozen other things it could be, but we have visual evidence of one. 

For sure, for this specific case anyway, it would be one hell of a coincidence lol Like you said there's many other things it could be... but it's not really important isn't it, that he gets back on his feet is all that matters.

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

For sure, for this specific case anyway, it would be one hell of a coincidence lol Like you said there's many other things it could be... but it's not really important isn't it, that he gets back on his feet is all that matters.

Correct. Secondary to that will be whether he can ever play again, which of course is a far lesser concern than his life, but is probably pretty important to him assuming he pulls through ok. Would be sad to see a 24 year old have to retire, and all. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Correct. Secondary to that will be whether he can ever play again, which of course is a far lesser concern than his life, but is probably pretty important to him assuming he pulls through ok. Would be sad to see a 24 year old have to retire, and all. 

Pronger was back after a few weeks. So say it was indeed the same thing well. 

Also Letang came back after his stroke. Peverley didn't i believe

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Pronger was back after a few weeks. So say it was indeed the same thing well. 

Also Letang came back after his stroke. Peverley didn't i believe

And I am not sure if football, being the contact sport that it is (even more so than hockey), whether he would be able to come back even if it WAS the same. 

I have no clue. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Devils awesome comeback win and then watched The Menu without knowing anything about and it was so damn good. Absolutely recommend going in completely blind. 

Yeah, I actually just watched it last night. It’s really good. I love Anya Taylor-Joy. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

Well, if you ever told me that one day, I would be pooping in a box and mailing it to someone for reasons other than recreation, I never would have believed you.

Colon cancer screening is now recommended for everyone age 45 and older. Getting older can suck, but crapping in a box is certainly not the worst thing you can do.

Watched the first episode of the last of us, I never played the games before so didn't know really what it was about besides something about the world falling apart / zombie type show. 

Spoiler

I liked the part set in 2003 way more than the stuff set in the present in 2023. When they did the time jump it really felt like more of the same from this type of genre. The production is definitely very well done. Still gonna keep watching for now.

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Watched the first episode of the last of us, I never played the games before so didn't know really what it was about besides something about the world falling apart / zombie type show. 

Reveal hidden contents

I liked the part set in 2003 way more than the stuff set in the present in 2023. When they did the time jump it really felt like more of the same from this type of genre. The production is definitely very well done. Still gonna keep watching for now.

Thank you for that, I shall not be revealing the hidden contents quite yet lol. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Thank you for that, I shall not be revealing the hidden contents quite yet lol. 

I probably should have given a non spoiler opinion on it as well lol

I think it's worth checking out even though I'm in the minority because I didn't love as much as most people seem to have. The production value is really fantastic and I'm gonna keep watching for now.