Jump to content

official off topic thread.


pumpkin cutter
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I definitely understand where you are coming from, 100%. Just this thread is enough that I will have to eat pizza sometime this weekend, and by sometime, I probably mean on the way home from work before my daughter's latest show (Shrek the Musical). 

My daughter's 13th birthday party is tonight (actual day is Sunday).  Six not-very-quiet girls (my daughter among them) will be swimming in the pool and then doing god-knows-what later in the house (they're all spending the night).

We're getting three pies, with some garlic knots.  I've already done the math.  Her and her friends will put down about 2 slices each.  My wife might have one or two.  That leaves plenty more for me...and you're damned right I'm going to make a hell of a dent!

Enjoy the show tonight (and the pregame pizza)!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My daughter's 13th birthday party is tonight (actual day is Sunday).  Six not-very-quiet girls (my daughter among them) will be swimming in the pool and then doing god-knows-what later in the house (they're all spending the night).

We're getting three pies, with some garlic knots.  I've already done the math.  Her and her friends will put down about 2 slices each.  My wife might have one or two.  That leaves plenty more for me...and you're damned right I'm going to make a hell of a dent!

Enjoy the show tonight (and the pregame pizza)!  

You will be 2.33 pies short using Home Alone math lol. Although I’m not sure the garlic knots don’t affect the formula, the McCallister family didn’t order any. 

Enjoy the party! The sleepover is extremely brave, we have yet to do that with more than one friend at a time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You will be 2.33 pies short using Home Alone math lol. Although I’m not sure the garlic knots don’t affect the formula, the McCallister family didn’t order any. 

Enjoy the party! The sleepover is extremely brave, we have yet to do that with more than one friend at a time.  

Some of them might have managed three slices without the knots.  We're going to have other goodies too (chips, cake later, etc) so it's not like they won't be filling up on pizza alone.

Yeah we've done the multi-gal sleepovers a few other times.  There's the occasional "emotional" moment and for some reason young girls can get very shrill and shriek-y in like company, but it's really not that bad once you get used to them...her and her friends are respectful enough, that if you tell them to stop doing something, they will.  Now that they're all teens or soon-to-be teens, they're a little more independent, and more capable of not making life-threatening decisions...still need to be watched, but gone are the days of constantly having to say "Don't do that, watch what you're doing, don't do that..."  As you know, when they're little they just aren't capable of realizing that certain actions can wind up hurting them severely or even killing them.  Potential head-trauma injuries are always right around the corner.  There's less of that now, but there's always that "one" in the group who you just KNOW is going to do dumb things...and there's definitely one in this crowd (not my daughter, thankfully).  She's the type who'll attempt a backflip on a whim into a pool, and wind up smacking her head on the side...or will see a shopping cart and think "Let's climb in and ride this down a steep hill!"  The good thing is her friends usually stop her before she goes full retard, but for obvious reasons I'll be watching rather closely tonight, once the swimming starts.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only reason we haven't done it is my daughter's room is small and not conducive to it. Last girl who slept over, they opted to go on air mattresses in the living room instead of sleeping upstairs. Which was also fine. 

In any event, good luck to you, and you'll be earning your pizza tonight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The only reason we haven't done it is my daughter's room is small and not conducive to it. Last girl who slept over, they opted to go on air mattresses in the living room instead of sleeping upstairs. Which was also fine. 

In any event, good luck to you, and you'll be earning your pizza tonight. 

Hey! when I visit my friends in Vegas/la I choose the air mattress over the bed. I love those things. I don’t fully inflate though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Hey! when I visit my friends in Vegas/la I choose the air mattress over the bed. I love those things. I don’t fully inflate though. 

Recently, I heard someone say that air mattresses are great for when you want to sleep on the floor, just not right away. 

That's basically been my experience. 

We are on our third now. The first one, my father in law borrowed for a hunting trip, and the next time we tried to inflate it, it wouldn't hold air. 

The second one, my daughter slept at my inlaws and it came back broken. 

My inlaws don't get to borrow it anymore. Last time they asked we told them we didn't have it anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks mfitz!  Same deal, re:  my daughter's bedroom...if she has one friend over, they'll usually crash in there.  More than that, it's air mattresses in either the living room or her "entertaining" room.  They'll watch movies and stuff late night, which is fine...they'll stay up till 3-4 am sometimes.  As long as they're quiet, we're OK with it...we just make it clear that if we have something to do the next day and she's spent, no bitching about being too tired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

we just make it clear that if we have something to do the next day and she's spent, no bitching about being too tired.

We have that same exact rule. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i actually took a photo of it. don't mind the tiles the kid was messin.  i miss redondo beach :(

 

20171210_170003(0).jpg

Had friends who used to live in Rancho Palos Verdes and we spent a week out there a couple summers ago. What an amazing place. Rock 'N Brews in Redondo Beach is one of the places we hung out at, were there a couple of times within a 5 day period.

It was the kind of place that I wanted to live, but I wanted to live like I was on vacation, not do stupid sh!t like going to work and stuff. It's too nice there to be indoors, can a lawyer just plop a desk in the sand and see clients on the beach?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2021 at 4:20 PM, mfitz804 said:

Had friends who used to live in Rancho Palos Verdes and we spent a week out there a couple summers ago. What an amazing place. Rock 'N Brews in Redondo Beach is one of the places we hung out at, were there a couple of times within a 5 day period.

It was the kind of place that I wanted to live, but I wanted to live like I was on vacation, not do stupid sh!t like going to work and stuff. It's too nice there to be indoors, can a lawyer just plop a desk in the sand and see clients on the beach?

it's a place I love to visit. i could never live there. i enjoy north east trash weather lol. never been to the kiss place, although judging by google maps it was very close. whenever i go there i drag em out to do site seeing.  

the wizard! 

20171209_144353.thumb.jpg.acdaf189805d6383e94ac3126f1851e4.jpg

 

Edited by pumpkin cutter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Since there's been a few posts about doggos. Here's my pup Krueger doing some aqua therapy to regain strength in his back legs after his knee surgeries. Poor little guy

 

 

This was as cute as I expected dog aqua therapy to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

both those didn't work. i think you need to upload em to youtube. 

oh really. i see them fine on my end. humm looks like Mfitz was able to see them too? I'll just post the dropbox link along the videos

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You will be 2.33 pies short using Home Alone math lol. Although I’m not sure the garlic knots don’t affect the formula, the McCallister family didn’t order any. 

Enjoy the party! The sleepover is extremely brave, we have yet to do that with more than one friend at a time.  

Speaking of Home Alone: https://screenrant.com/home-alone-reboot-release-date-november-2021/ I mean, fvck right off with this sh!t. First of all- it worked in 1990 because there were no cell phones; not so much now. This is also the type of bullsh!t I’m talking about when I talk about a lack of original ideas in Hollywood. Just reboot old sh!t that was awesome, do a horrible job at it, ca$h in on people’s nostalgia. Must be tough being being a content creator these days with all the originality and great ideas out there. 🙄

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Speaking of Home Alone: https://screenrant.com/home-alone-reboot-release-date-november-2021/ I mean, fvck right off with this sh!t. 

Yeahh, i can see argument to remake SOME older movies that may need it now to get to its audience BUT the original home alone still holds up perfectly to this day. Why they'd want to remake it makes absolutely no sense.

I'm even surprised they didn't go with their typical gender or race swap with this one, especially since it's Disney. 

That kid was hilarious in Jojo Rabbit though. But i just can't imagine this movie having any sort of success

 

Actually i just received the vintage Home Alone board game i ordered from Ebay today lol I got all 3 Home Alone board games now

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeahh, i can see argument to remake SOME older movies that may need it now to get to its audience BUT the original home alone still holds up perfectly to this day. Why they'd want to remake it makes absolutely no sense.

This will probably inspire other Christmas reboots too now. Next year, we’ll hear that they’re rebooting A Christmas Story with fvcking Seth Myers and Kate McKinnon as the parents, and some child YouTube stars as Ralphie and and Randy; except it takes place in the present day, and Ralphie wants a Nintendo Switch from Santa instead of a Red Ryder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This will probably inspire other Christmas reboots too now. Next year, we’ll hear that they’re rebooting A Christmas Story with fvcking Seth Myers and Kate McKinnon as the parents, and some child YouTube stars as Ralphie and and Randy; except it takes place in the present day, and Ralphie wants a Nintendo Switch from Santa instead of a Red Ryder. 

oh whaaaat.

I just read that this is actually a sequel.. and that Macaulay Culkin is playing Kevin for a cameo. Devin Ratray, who played Buzz will also be in it

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

oh whaaaat.

I just read that this is actually a sequel.. and that Macaulay Culkin is playing Kevin for a cameo. Devin Ratray, who played Buzz will also be in it

Somewhere I read that there was an online movement to re-shoot the whole thing with Macaulay Culkin as an adult, let him play Kevin, and just don’t explain at all why he’s a 40-year-old man. I think I would’ve watch that movie.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Somewhere I read that there was an online movement to re-shoot the whole thing with Macaulay Culkin as an adult, let him play Kevin, and just don’t explain at all why he’s a 40-year-old man. I think I would’ve watch that movie.

Home Stallone is what we really need

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.