Jump to content

official off topic thread.


pumpkin cutter
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

So very off topic, but I almost never gamble, and I had some extra money today so I figured, hey, I'll throw together an 8 game parlay 

 

Well, turns out, I'm 7 for 8 and I just need the Packers to win for a grand. Or I can cash out now for $300. I'm in a predicament.

 

Indeed you are, that’s a tough call. How much was the initial bet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Indeed you are, that’s a tough call. How much was the initial bet?

Just ten bucks so it's not a huge deal, but to get nothing back would irk me lol, again I NEVER gamble and that was the max bet I was willing to place

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Just ten bucks so it's not a huge deal, but to get nothing back would irk me lol, again I NEVER gamble and that was the max bet I was willing to place

Getting $300 back on $10 ain’t bad, especially with the Packers facing an undefeated team…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yeah I'm probably cutting out while I'm on top

packers are hungry and SF has two nail biter wins against two terrible football teams.

but i am not a lawyer so i’d do you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol I wish wrestling was still like it was back in the 80's.  It was cocaine-fueled insanity.

Yup. I remember going to see Wrestlemania 3 in the pre-pay per view days. They showed it on the big pull down screen in the local high school's auditorium. Was a crazy scene. 

I have flipped past it in recent times and it looks like a bad imitation of its former self. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol I wish wrestling was still like it was back in the 80's.  It was cocaine-fueled insanity.

 

Sometimes I miss those days of screaming interviews that made zero sense. Warriors rocket fuel one before I think Mania 6 was hilarious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. I remember going to see Wrestlemania 3 in the pre-pay per view days. They showed it on the big pull down screen in the local high school's auditorium. Was a crazy scene. 

I have flipped past it in recent times and it looks like a bad imitation of its former self. 

I remember the tail-end of the closed-circuit PPV days.  My older brother and I explained what it was to my nephew a couple years back (he was 12 at the time) what it was and he reacted as through we lived in the dark ages.

I have also watched some WWE stuff the past few weeks for the first time since about 1996-97.  Boy it has changed quite a bit.  I got out right when the Attitude era started and shortly after Stone Cold dropped The Ringmaster moniker.  The three biggest differences I see from those days are 1) the wrestlers are just plain smaller than they were back then (I guess the steroid scandal of 1993 really put a damper on things) 2) wrestlers today do not seem as technically sound as they were back then and 3) they seemed to have completely dropped the cartoonish persona gimmicks.  I actually miss the different angles they had for each wrestler like when Dr Isaac Yankem was around for a short while as a crazy dentist, it didn't work, so they re-packaged him as Kane and didn't acknowledge it was the same guy lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Sometimes I miss those days of screaming interviews that made zero sense. Warriors rocket fuel one before I think Mania 6 was hilarious. 

I have watched Wrestlemania's 8-12 live and I saw 1-7 on tape.  Out of those, I loved 3,4,6,7, and 10.  I remember 2 being terrible while the others were alright (thought 9 wasn't good either and I think the venue was more to blame than the matches).  The warrior looked like crap when he came in to save Hogan at the end of 8 IIRC.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.