official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Bad timing. All i have to report is that im working while watching the draft. I just took a little break, cut my nails and danced in front of my dog for no reason.

Back to work now. 

You totally went Buffalo Bill in front of that poor dog didn’t you?

• Haha 1

Today I did paint touch ups after having my house painted by what unfortunately turned out to be a very careless painting crew. 

Oh, and had to have a talk with my daughter about her first “boyfriend”. Good kid, we’ve known him and his family since he was 6. It’s still weird, but it could be way worse. 

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Gonna wear it. Still out at EPS getting customized, should be here in time for next season. 

I’m waiting on my Nico RR that I sent out in May. I e-mailed them last week to ask when it would be ready and they said mid-August. Not my first time sending a jersey out to them, and they do outstanding work, but they sure as hell take forever lol

Edited by MadDog2020

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m waiting on my Nico RR that I sent out in May. I emailed them last week to ask when it would be ready and they said mid-August. Not my first time sending a jersey out to them, and they do outstanding work, but they sure as hell take forever lol

They absolutely do. Sending them in May is a good idea, because it’s getting too warm outside to wear them and unfortunately, we aren’t usually playing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Where do you go to dinner with your dog? 

Places with outdoor patio/seating will often let you bring your dog as long as it is well-behaved.  Our new dog is one of the best-behaved and chill dogs I have ever met so it's really no issue to bring him.  The below website is a good tool to check on what restaurants allow dogs.

https://www.bringfido.com/

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Places with outdoor patio/seating will often let you bring your dog as long as it is well-behaved.  Our new dog is one of the best-behaved and chill dogs I have ever met so it's really no issue to bring him.  The below website is a good tool to check on what restaurants allow dogs.

https://www.bringfido.com/

That's pretty awesome. Enjoy!

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

New Ghostbusters trailer dropped today. I’m cautiously optimistic about this. 

I feel the same. I made my poor mother rent the first movie for me constantly in the mid-late 80's. Eventually she broke down and bought me my own copy. It was my absolute favorite. I liked Ghostbusters 2 as well. The 2016 version didn't really do it for me. I feel like this one will be somewhere in between

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

New Ghostbusters trailer dropped today. I’m cautiously optimistic about this. 

Am I the only one who is sick of remakes and reboots and comic book movies? There is no originality anymore. 

Edited by MadDog2020

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Am I the only one who is sick of remakes and reboots and comic book movies? There is no originality anymore. 

this is a sequel not a remake or reboot or a comic book movie

But when it comes to that subject. Its true BUT that's our fault. Look at the top box office every single year. What you'll see is the top 10 is generally ALL sequels/remakes/superhero movies or franchises. Very rarely you'll see original content. Then go down the list... you'll start seeing some original content. Then scroll all the way down to see like ALL the releases of the year. And guaranteed that the bottom like 30 an the flops are almost ALL original content and that there's not many franchises in there. That's just fact. So it's not saying that original movies are not good and superhero movies or franchises are better. But people are simply not showing up in theatres as much for those. So the studios are investing in what brings money, they are a business after all. You take ALL the grossing from the top say... 10-15 original movies every year and more often than not it's barely matching the #1 movie grossing of that year. in the 50-70s, it was westerns. Its just a cycle. 

So if we want more content we like in theatres, we just gotta start showing up more when they do come out rather than bashing wtv is popular and mainstream at the moment. Those movies are not the root cause of the problem, they are the symptoms.

Edited by SterioDesign

Personally I never watch trailers for movies I know I'm going to watch, hate having stuff spoiled when I absolutely know I'm gonna watch the movie. Trailers nowadays seem to give away way too much. 

I watched the tomorrow war with Chris Pratt the other day on Amazon Prime. Absolutely a mindless sci-fi action movie but the aliens were pretty cool and well done. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

It is a sequel, I am pretty sure that is dan akroyd answering the phone at the end after they watched the old skool Ghostbusters commercial

Just watched it closer, damn it has Bill murray, Dan akroyd and their old receptionist in it I forgot her name

19 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

It is a sequel, I am pretty sure that is dan akroyd answering the phone at the end after they watched the old skool Ghostbusters commercial

Just watched it closer, damn it has Bill murray, Dan akroyd and their old receptionist in it I forgot her name

almost everyone is coming back minus Rick Moranis.