official off topic thread.

pumpkin cutter

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm telling you, it works. I was watching the Spanish news last night about a baby with progeria and I understood the whole goddamn thing. 

Are you sure that wasn't a Lord of the Rings trailer or something?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

finished sopranos last week. it was good. dragged out a little and got very annoyed with tony constantly breathing and eating. the pinelands episode was the best. 

started the wire this week. it's growing on me, i am really likin it. 

Pine Barrens. Are you actually from NJ? :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Pine Barrens. Are you actually from NJ? :P

2 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

ahh i had a sh!t load of beers. same thing. 

Had the same reaction lol. 

Used to camp in the Pine Barrens as a kid with the Scouts. Every time we went, we played Manhunt after dark. Every year, it became an actual manhunt when some idiot kid got lost in the woods. So accurate lol. 

• Haha 2

On 10/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, mfitz804 said:

Anyone ever watch the Spanish language channels to see how much you know? I’ve been doing it a lot over the last year or so, even if it’s just 5 minutes a day, and I think I understand much more than I did. 

Second semester junior year college I had a roommate from Chile, who spoke hardly any English. Senior year my roommate was Panamanian. He had a good command of English since he had private tutors. When he got drunk he would mimic his tutors with their Texan and Scottish accents.

Anyway, I was exposed to a lot of Spanish, even though I never studied it. I did have a great accent with the few phrases I picked up.

Keep watching, it will grow on you!

On 10/30/2021 at 4:40 PM, pumpkin cutter said:

finished sopranos last week. it was good. dragged out a little and got very annoyed with tony constantly breathing and eating. the pinelands episode was the best. 

Pinelands is not inappropriate. Pine Barrens describes an ecosystem which occurs in Southern NJ, as well as Middlesex County, eastern Long Island, and parts of Massachusetts. The Soprano episode was not even FILMED in NJ Pine Barrens, but in upstate NY, IIRC. 

"Pinelands" is common nomenclature in Ocean County.

Watched The Many Saints of Newark the other day.  That really should have been a mini-series instead of a 2-hour film.  I thought it was alright, but very rushed.

Re-started watching the Sopranos after that.  Every time I re-watch it I feel like I pick up on little tiny details that I didn't notice the previous times I have watched them.  It's amazing how well they did with the details in that show.

• Like 1

I’m going to give all of you guys a tremendous gift this morning. I’m going to let you in on the secret of the world’s best pants. 

I bought my first pair of these back when the company was still doing its Kickstarter. They’re definitely sweatpants, but they don’t look like them. They’re put together like they are regular pants, and come in waist/inseam sizing like regular pants.

I wore these every day for  3 months when my office was closed for quarantine (I have all of the colors). Even when I had to run to the office. 

And I’m still doing it on days when I don’t have to dress up for work, which are most days. Nobody ever notices they are sweatpants, and I stay comfortable all day. 

I also wear them for casual wear, and if you were inclined, you could wear them to the gym also. 

They are a little pricy. You’re worth it. But also, they usually run a 20% off sale for Black Friday. If they are too much and you want to give them a try, sign up for their mailing list. 

I’m Not really a guy who recommends products, but these are awesome and I thought I would mention them to my guys. This is NOT a referral link and I get nothing from it. 

https://www.publicrec.com/products/all-day-every-day-pant?firstAvailable=true&variant=32884014972962

On 10/30/2021 at 4:40 PM, pumpkin cutter said:

I work right by the projects that are in season 1 of the wire.

tumblr_muc1hoQjat1r7gbyyo3_1280.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shocking 1

6 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

I work right by the projects that are in season 1 of the wire.

tumblr_muc1hoQjat1r7gbyyo3_1280.jpg

Be careful, there's bad people out there.

OR

Be careful, there's cops everywhere out there.

Depending on the nature of your work lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watching American Crime Story: Impeachment, because they did such a good job with the OJ season. 

This one absolutely sucks hard. The sole bright spot is, not surprisingly, Edie Falco. Honestly, she’s awesome in everything she does. 

The deaths and injuries from people being crushed by overcrowding at Travis Scott's festival in Houston last night is so awful, saw tons of videos and images of kids getting cpr, staff not caring and nothing being done to stop a situation where more people could have gotten the help they needed. 

8 confirmed deaths and 300 or so injured. Just awful, ugh. 

Edited by Satans Hockey