Jump to content

official off topic thread.


pumpkin cutter
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Has anyone sent a jersey into EPS during the pandemic? I’m just wondering if their turnaround is even slower than normal right now. I sent one in back in September and still haven’t heard back from them. I feel like the longest I ever waited in the past was about 3 months, but maybe my memory is off. 

I had one sent end of July and it’s still not done. I called and asked about it I think early December and they said they were behind on all team orders and that they hadn’t even gotten to the regular consumer orders yet.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

I had one sent end of July and it’s still not done. I called and asked about it I think early December and they said they were behind on all team orders and that they hadn’t even gotten to the regular consumer orders yet.

Figured as much. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

had a nightmare scenario happen to me today. on pace to shatter my personal best in golf, sitting at a cool 2-over 70 through 17, with only the short par-4 18th left that’s nearly always a birdie look for me and almost a guarantee to par. My personal best is a 77, so I just need to not make a triple bogey and I’m headed home with a new PR and a big smile on my face. 

Get to the teebox and lighting strikes. Horn sounds, we wait in the clubhouse 45 minutes and are then sent home. Technically I’m supposed to take the aggregate score on Par-4s that day to finish out the card, so “technically” I shot a personal-best 74. But ain’t nobody want to set their personal best on a technicality, and because I never sank that last putt and shook my buddies hands on the 18th green, it just doesn’t feel like it happened. 

am big sad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Has anyone sent a jersey into EPS during the pandemic? I’m just wondering if their turnaround is even slower than normal right now. I sent one in back in September and still haven’t heard back from them. I feel like the longest I ever waited in the past was about 3 months, but maybe my memory is off. 

Yes, it’s way longer now. I have two there since August 10. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

had a nightmare scenario happen to me today. on pace to shatter my personal best in golf, sitting at a cool 2-over 70 through 17, with only the short par-4 18th left that’s nearly always a birdie look for me and almost a guarantee to par. My personal best is a 77, so I just need to not make a triple bogey and I’m headed home with a new PR and a big smile on my face. 

Get to the teebox and lighting strikes. Horn sounds, we wait in the clubhouse 45 minutes and are then sent home. Technically I’m supposed to take the aggregate score on Par-4s that day to finish out the card, so “technically” I shot a personal-best 74. But ain’t nobody want to set their personal best on a technicality, and because I never sank that last putt and shook my buddies hands on the 18th green, it just doesn’t feel like it happened. 

am big sad 

That’s a real first-world nightmare scenario you have there lol. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s a real first-world nightmare scenario you have there lol. 

Ha all I got from that post is the lucky bastard is outside enjoying playing golf. It’s freezing balls here in the Midwest right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

had a nightmare scenario happen to me today. on pace to shatter my personal best in golf, sitting at a cool 2-over 70 through 17, with only the short par-4 18th left that’s nearly always a birdie look for me and almost a guarantee to par. My personal best is a 77, so I just need to not make a triple bogey and I’m headed home with a new PR and a big smile on my face. 

Get to the teebox and lighting strikes. Horn sounds, we wait in the clubhouse 45 minutes and are then sent home. Technically I’m supposed to take the aggregate score on Par-4s that day to finish out the card, so “technically” I shot a personal-best 74. But ain’t nobody want to set their personal best on a technicality, and because I never sank that last putt and shook my buddies hands on the 18th green, it just doesn’t feel like it happened. 

am big sad 

A nightmare, as a dream, would have been preferable to this reality. I was playing regularly years ago, and had a chance to break 100. (I have no claim to any particular athletic ability.)Broke it off to get home, on the 17th tee,  can't remember why. Still haven't come close to 100. OTOH, I had a hole in one in another round. Golf is a funny game. Sorta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am so glad I am not a football sports better. Out of the last 6 games, the championship games and the round before it the only one I got right was KC beating Buffalo. That is 1 correct out of 6. 

I follow football, shows what I know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

I am so glad I am not a football sports better. Out of the last 6 games, the championship games and the round before it the only one I got right was KC beating Buffalo. That is 1 correct out of 6. 

I follow football, shows what I know. 

A guy hit a parlay yesterday where he picked both winners and the exact scores. Won $529,000 on a $20 bet!

  • Shocking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

A guy hit a parlay yesterday where he picked both winners and the exact scores. Won $529,000 on a $20 bet!

So after taxes he’ll break even then?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So after taxes he’ll break even then?

lol so you’re one of those. 

I say give me $529k and I’ll pay the taxes on it, nice problem to have. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

lol so you’re one of those. 

I say give me $529k and I’ll pay the taxes on it, nice problem to have. 

Oh for sure give it to me too, just making a silly crack.

My damned taxes are so high that I pay quarterly.  But yeah, there are worse things.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh for sure give it to me too, just making a silly crack.

My damned taxes are so high that I pay quarterly.  But yeah, there are worse things.  

Definitely, my diamond underpants really chafe a lot, especially when I get in and out of my Lamborghini. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

A guy hit a parlay yesterday where he picked both winners and the exact scores. Won $529,000 on a $20 bet!

I heard that, great for him. I wasn't even close. I picked KC and the 49ers. Dropped footballs on offense and defense interceptions cost the 49ers. KC offense disappeared right at the start of the second half and stay like that for the 2nd half. Why I have zero ideas, total surprise. I thought for a while it was overconfidence at the beginning of the 2nd half, but after one series of down, it kept repeating. 

I won't make a living or supplement my retirement betting on sports. Too emotionally attached to a team. I have been a Patriots fan for 62 years, an original season ticket holder, I will stay the same until my death. I am a Boston fan for all the sports. With hockey, I adopted the NJ Devils when I became a season ticket holder in 1993 because I was living here. I did root for the Giants before we had a football team in the Boston area. Sports are so great IMO and frustrating at times like the Devils have been since Lou Lams stepped down as the boss.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

I won't make a living or supplement my retirement betting on sports. Too emotionally attached to a team. I have been a Patriots fan for 62 years, an original season ticket holder, I will stay the same until my death. I am a Boston fan for all the sports. With hockey, I adopted the NJ Devils when I became a season ticket holder in 1993 because I was living here. I did root for the Giants before we had a football team in the Boston area. Sports are so great IMO and frustrating at times like the Devils have been since Lou Lams stepped down as the boss.  

I’m a die-hard Dolphins fan. For a long time, the Devils’ dominance balanced out the misery the Dolphins would cause me. Now, they both make me miserable, and have for years 😫

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m a die-hard Dolphins fan. For a long time, the Devils’ dominance balanced out the misery the Dolphins would cause me. Now, they both make me miserable, and have for years 😫

As a Jets fan, I feel your pain. Now both my teams are in a perpetual rebuild. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brewskies said:

KC offense disappeared right at the start of the second half and stay like that for the 2nd half. Why I have zero ideas, total surprise. I thought for a while it was overconfidence at the beginning of the 2nd half, but after one series of down, it kept repeating.

We (I’m a Bengals fan) did the exact same thing to them in week 17. The Chiefs only scored 3 points in the 2nd half of both our matchups with them this season. Major credit has to go to the coaches for making proper halftime adjustments to shut them down. We were only rushing 3 and dropping 8 into coverage for much of the 2nd half. We had a couple coverage sacks late in the game where Mahomes literally had an eternity before our pass rush got to him, but the DB’s did a great job on Tyreek Hill, Kelce, and the rest of the Chiefs playmakers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.