official off topic thread.

pumpkin cutter

On 5/5/2022 at 10:14 PM, StarDew said:

Last season I watched was the one where Cersei did her walk of shame.  Is it worth watching the rest of GoT?

Season 6 of GoT is the greatest season of any television show in history. 

I envy anyone who gets to watch it for the first time. 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

thanks for asking dude. He's the best. It's pure and total anarchy and chaos around the house 24/7 and sometimes it feels like I'm trying to survive a literal war, but endlessly worth it. 

Sounds like you’re doing it right, then.

And it only gets better. And everyone that tells you that it goes fast, believe them. The fact that my daughter is 15 and in high school, and has occasionally has boys calling her, Is so completely weird. I still spend as much time with her as I possibly can, because in the scheme of things, there’s probably only a few more years of that.

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It will never cease to amaze me what some parents will name their children.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not even a hockey player and I want to use the #2OA to draft him. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StarDew said:

I grew up with a Merry Kristmas, Peter and Bunni Rabbitt. Also worked with George George.

Fvcking Peter Rabbitt’s parents hated him from birth lol. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You would have memes and puns for daaaaays lol

Dude’s name IS a meme, I would be unstoppable. 

• Haha 1

played in a 2-man scramble tournament this morning. $500 buy in. played behind a group of 2 mid-60 year old men who were atrocious. they easily lost 40 balls. we turned in a 9-under 63. the tournament wasn’t handicapped but we both felt great about that score. top-3 get paid out and we finished 4th… darn. Then we see 2nd place with a 10-under 62 is these guys in front of us. 

if it’s for free, or charity, whatever. but we’re talking about a $2,000 second place prize that these guys are claiming. I went immediately up to the pro and said “this didn’t happen. they probably didn’t break 100.” he said they were already questioning the score considering both guys were 25+ handicaps, and they verified multiple times that this is not a handicapped tournament when they rolled in. Luckily the group that played with them went and reported them too, saying “there’s no way these guys shot even remotely close to par let alone 10 under.”

Guys were kicked out and aren’t allowed to enter a tournament again. We were all booing them, throwing sh!t at them as they left flipping everyone off. Felt awesome. One guy had a rangers hat on, that checked out. 

Imagine being that much of a fvcking loser that you tried to cheat *that* much and didn’t think you’d get called out? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

So you are saying you DID claim a prize?

Well done, my man. 

hahaha yes we did. first time i’ve ever been in the money. truthfully that’s not what it’s about, usually it’s a way to play a nice course and drop a little cash for a local charity* and spend a good saturday. but it was cool being on the winning side! 

*by donating to a charity I am effectively paying that charity not to ban/suspend me, obviously.

Edited by MB3
  • Like 4

Gonna take the opportunity to brag about my kid here, she was just nominated for the local Catholic school version of the Tony Awards, which I’m told is quite a feat as a freshman. Guessing she will be really excited.

I don’t know because, of course, she’s in rehearsal for another show right now. That’s how these things happen. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, MB3 said:

congratulations to your daughter, and to you!

Thanks man. She’s a combination of very happy and humble, one of her good friends (a senior) is also nominated, and she said she’s rooting for her because it’s her last chance.