Jump to content

Devils Sign Dougie Hamilton - 7 years, $63 million


nessus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hamilton wore #27 with the Bruins and Flames and #19 with the Canes.  I’m guessing that he goes with #72 or #91 (could be totally wrong, probably am).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hamilton wore #27 with the Bruins and Flames and #19 with the Canes.  I’m guessing that he goes with #72 or #91 (could be totally wrong, probably am).

He should wear 10. You know why. 🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This happened because Fitz went to work and SOLD NJ as a place to be. This probably doesn’t happen if he doesn’t go that extra mile. Great job Fitz! 

it also doesnt happen if we were not the only team with cap space looking for a RHD and that his team lowballed him haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hamilton wore #27 with the Bruins and Flames and #19 with the Canes.  I’m guessing that he goes with #72 or #91 (could be totally wrong, probably am).

19 is available, no??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

19 is available, no??

It is, but I was thinking that maybe he’d want to start fresh, with a “Here I am!” kind of number.

We know who wore 19 for a hell of a lot of games here, but can’t imagine that it wouldn’t be available, if Hamilton wants it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it also doesnt happen if we were not the only team with cap space looking for a RHD and that his team lowballed him haha

You’re probably right, but Fitz still went that extra mile to make sure this got done. That’s what he needs to continue to do when dealing with FA’s. 

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

You’re probably right, but Fitz still went that extra mile to make sure this got done. That’s what he needs to continue to do when dealing with FA’s. 

100%, but it sucks having to fight against that bad reputation constantly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

We know who wore 19 for a hell of a lot of games here, but can’t imagine that it wouldn’t be available, if Hamilton wants it

Travis isn’t getting his jersey retired, but you don’t go giving away his number to the first guy who walks through the door. Take it out of circulation for a while.

Just now, SterioDesign said:

100%, but it sucks having to fight against that bad reputation constantly

Winning cures all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Travis isn’t getting his jersey retired, but you don’t go giving away his number to the first guy who walks through the door. Take it out of circulation for a while.

I’d be fine with that.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You’re probably right, but Fitz still went that extra mile to make sure this got done. That’s what he needs to continue to do when dealing with FA’s. 

Yeah just because it seems like everything is lined up for you doesn’t mean you can’t find a way to fvck it up.  Fitz not only got it done, but thought outside the box to help find a way to get it done.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Travis isn’t getting his jersey retired, but you don’t go giving away his number to the first guy who walks through the door. Take it out of circulation for a while.

Winning cures all.

Does it? The Devils has been a succesful team for like 20 years straight and all the hockey world STILL see is "Newark is a dump" and "they play boring hockey"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Does it? The Devils has been a succesful team for like 20 years straight and all the hockey world STILL see is "Newark is a dump" and "they play boring hockey"

Meh. We haven’t won sh!t in 18 years. If you win, they wanna play for you. It could be in fvcking Siberia. Players want to win. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Does it? The Devils has been a succesful team for like 20 years straight and all the hockey world STILL see is "Newark is a dump" and "they play boring hockey"

Maybe one needn’t worry about what other people think. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Analytics haters close your eyes, everyone else look at these fvcking numbers…

 

i sure hope his defense doesnt keep trending down like this cause that's almost a 50% drop lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i sure hope his defense doesnt keep trending down like this cause that's almost a 50% drop lol

Eh, the rest is too good for me to worry about that. Also, could be worse…

image.thumb.png.f4e63b0f9022c35ddff27ca9a7ba30c4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.