Devils sign Tomas Tatar 2y/$9m

MB3

1 minute ago, Devils01 said:

Yeah, problem is we'll probably have to give up too much for him which is why we may not get him. 

Well it's probably not a problem cause a lot of us feel like Fitz knows exactly what he's willing to pay. That the offer is on the table and it's take it or leave it. He knows there's not a whole lot of teams able to take on Tarasenko and that St-Louis doesn't have much leverage so IF we get him. It will be at a good price and if we don't its totally fine too

3 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

Yeah, problem is we'll probably have to give up too much for him which is why we may not get him. 

Not sure if you’ve been reading or watching much, but any issues re:  Tarasenko seem to involve teams not wanting to give up very much at all, due to the fact that he’s missed a ton of games the past two seasons, didn’t look good at Worlds, and has a big cap hit over the next two seasons.  And it seems like most teams have simply made other moves.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not sure if you’ve been reading or watching much, but any issues re:  Tarasenko seem to involve teams not wanting to give up very much at all, due to the fact that he’s missed a ton of games the past two seasons, didn’t look good at Worlds, and has a big cap hit over the next two seasons.  And it seems like most teams have simply made other moves.

I feel like the longer it goes the more it could be beneficial for us say Fitz still want him at the right price. I could see the Blues debating if they should keep him to show him off and prove he can play to get more at the deadline or wtv... but then do you necessarely get more? So maybe the injury thing it a bit less in the way potentially but then you're trading for less than 2 seasons.

There's also the risk that he's not great or get injured again. Then they are really stuck with the cap hit and player for 2 years.

So i feel like teams may move on and that we're the only team remaining who are willing to take him without risking much. So who knows.

Yeah I don’t think Fitz has slammed the door shut.  But with Tatar now in the fold, Fitz is only taking on Tarasenko 100% on his terms.

I already mentioned this, but the Blues and Tarasenko should find a way to coexist so that he can play there next season and prove that even if he’s 70-80% of what he was, that his shoulder is sound and that he’s capable of staying healthy.  Maybe then a team is willing to take on whatever remaining cap hit he’ll have (and if a contending team has a key player who gets hurt, maybe a healthy and reasonably productive Tarasenko brings more back).

• Like 4

12 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

mr palmieri. lol 

Speaking of, supposedly he (and some others, like Parise) have been signed by the Islanders, but no announcements, nothing…and considering that we haven’t heard a peep about them being linked to any other teams, that makes sense…but why not just friggin’ announce it already?  Why the completely unnecessary wait?

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Speaking of, supposedly he (and some others, like Parise) have been signed by the Islanders, but no announcements, nothing…and considering that we haven’t heard a peep about them being linked to any other teams, that makes sense…but why not just friggin’ announce it already?  Why the completely unnecessary wait?

lou. lol. that's why

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Just saw little furry Tatar too... oh my

Fun side fact. I met Mark Hamill's dog.

lets not be pervs. leave that to hfboards. 

6 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

lou. lol. that's why

Oh for sure, but what’s the gain here?  I know sometimes Lou can be irritating seemingly just for the sake of it, but is it really such a big deal to announce some UFA signings?  Is there another GM pulling this crap?  Why leave your fanbase in the dark about moves you’ve supposedly already made?

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh for sure, but what’s the gain here?  I know sometimes Lou can be irritating seemingly just for the sake of it, but is it really such a big deal to announce some UFA signings?  Is there another GM pulling this crap?  Why leave your fanbase in the dark about moves you’ve supposedly already made?

Lou marches to the beat of his own drum. That’s one thing that will never change lol

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe there's some cap voodoo going on here or something.

Though looking at cap friendly they're way under the cap so... 

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lou marches to the beat of his own drum. That’s one thing that will never change lol

Yeah no doubt.  I probably shouldn’t be trying to make sense of this heh heh.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

my bet (and i think i saw someone else speculate the same?) is that Lou doesn’t want to be in trade negotiations or RFA signings at a disadvantage. if he doesn’t announce the deals, nobody knows how much cap room he has. and if nobody knows how much cap room he has, nobody can box him into a corner with an offer sheet they cannot afford or trade negotiations that start with “well since you can’t afford player X...”

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

my bet (and i think i saw someone else speculate the same?) is that Lou doesn’t want to be in trade negotiations or RFA signings at a disadvantage. if he doesn’t announce the deals, nobody knows how much cap room he has. and if nobody knows how much cap room he has, nobody can box him into a corner with an offer sheet they cannot afford or trade negotiations that start with “well since you can’t afford player X...”

If true, that’s honestly not a bad negotiation tactic. Always let the other guy know as little as possible, give out info on an as needed basis. 

I get it. 

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

I’m sure the model/ beauty pageant contestant who has an Instagram full of pics of herself in bikinis really doesn’t want people commenting on her looks…

good thing you’re here to look out for her. 

14 hours ago, Devils01 said:

I read last night that the Devils requested and received Tarasanko's medical records for their doctors to review well over a week ago.  I guess it's possible they can still trade for him, but the signing of Tatar tells me that they didn't like what they saw on Tarasanko's meds and were not willing to make an offer that would entice STL to trade him.  I think the Blues are looking at either giving him away for next to nothing or holding onto him with the hopes that he plays well to start the season so his market builds up for the trade deadline.

47 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m sure the model/ beauty pageant contestant who has an Instagram full of pics of herself in bikinis really doesn’t want people commenting on her looks…

I just think it’s low brow. That’s all. I expect better on this site. 

12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Just saw little furry Tatar too... oh my

Fun side fact. I met Mark Hamill's dog.

2 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

The way the quotes read, it sounds like he's talking about the dog, not the girl. So who's a pervert now??? ;) 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We’re talking about the same site that had almost daily dick jokes for about a year right? Lol

Don't talk about me, I'm right here lol. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Yeah I thought about this stuff too and that’s probably why he’s not announcing the deals, but I just don’t think he has all that much to gain by going that route.  For one, it’s not like offer sheet signings are much of a thing…you rarely see teams bother, even ones who can clearly afford to (like ours).  For another, teams and agents can guess with reasonable accuracy who Lou has signed, and for about how much (figure somewhere in the $4 mils for Palms, and $1-2 million each for Zajac and Parise, etc).

Yeah if he wants to keep people guessing because he thinks it might help him in negotiations, ok, guess it can’t hurt.  Just don’t think it will help.