The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

There’s a lot of stuff going on Off-Season, but it’s time for a thread to talk about the upcoming season. 

On that note, at least one of you fvckers has to audition for this:

https://www.nhl.com/devils/team/pa-announcer?utm_source=njd_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Devils_Promotion_PAAnnouncerSearch_081621

094FBE15-4D08-46B4-8C4E-FF9B649DB17E.jpeg

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I would love to audition for that.  Best seat in the house for every game.  That would be a great job.

Get on your feet!!!  Make some noissseeee!!!

I would get fired the first day when I told everyone to stand up like John Quenneville’s weiner. 

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would get fired the first day when I told everyone to stand up like John Quenneville’s weiner. 

DEVILS FANS GET ON YOUR FEET AND RISE LIKE A JOHN QUENNEVILLE BONER, BECAUSE IT’S T-SHIRT TIME!!!!!! WHO. WANTS. A T-SHIIIIIIIIRT?!?!?!?!

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

DEVILS FANS GET ON YOUR FEET AND RISE LIKE A JOHN QUENNEVILLE BONER, BECAUSE IT’S T-SHIRT TIME!!!!!! WHO. WANTS. A T-SHIIIIIIIIRT?!?!?!?!

The other problem would be making stuff after you guys instead of the sponsors. “It’s time for the MadDog2020 Power Play”, or of course the @SterioDesign PK. And I would say PK lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I met Kevin Clarke (old PA guy) after a Devils-Lightning game in Tampa at the marriott bar where my wife and i were staying. He was on vacation and hanging out with Matty Laughlin and Ken Daneyko (Dano let my wife wear his 2003 ring, she could fit 3 full fingers into it). 

Kevin Clarke was so nice. We got hammered and left voicemails on all of my friends phones with him yelling DOCTOR MURRAY SELTZER.

it was awesome. 10/10 dude

Rumors are that he was being a creep on Twitter and maybe even behind the scenes and that's what got him fired, I never saw any of it but he deleted his Twitter and the Devils never acknowledged his time here so where there's smoke there's usually fire.

Edited by Satans Hockey

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

I met Kevin Clarke (old PA guy) after a Devils-Lightning game in Tampa at the marriott bar where my wife and i were staying. He was on vacation and hanging out with Matty Laughlin and Ken Daneyko (Dano let my wife wear his 2003 ring, she could fit 3 full fingers into it). 

Kevin Clarke was so nice. We got hammered and left voicemails on all of my friends phones with him yelling DOCTOR MURRAY SELTZER.

Do you think he had some other type of media job on the road?  I find it strange that he would travel with the team.  Certainly not calling bullsh!t on your story, just curious why the team needs to bring another person out with them whose job is only necessary at the Rock.

EDIT: Reread your post after I clicked submit and now I see that you said he was on vacation.  Leaving this up as a reminder to you clowns to not post before coffee.

Edited by Crisis

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Rumors are that he was being a creep on Twitter and maybe even behind the scenes and that's what got him fired, I never saw any of it but he deleted his Twitter and the Devils never acknowledged his time here so where there's smoke there's usually fire.

That's what I heard too. 

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The other problem would be making stuff after you guys instead of the sponsors. “It’s time for the MadDog2020 Power Play”, or of course the @SterioDesign PK. And I would say PK lol. 

"It's time for the PSE&G Powerplay.  Ten bucks to NJDevs.com if Nico doesn't score here!"

Or at the end of the game... "Thanks for coming Devils fans, please drive home safely, and be sure to check out NJDevs.com, your complete source for Devils news and debauchery".

It was only a matter of time before ads were coming to NHL jerseys.  I am actually alright as it is a somewhat small patch relative to the rest of the jersey.  I think talk/thought of NHl jerseys turning into those worn in the European leagues is hyperbole and I doubt it will go beyond just this patch for quite some time.

17 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Also, jersey ads approved by owners for the 22-23 season

https://www.sportico.com/business/sponsorship/2021/nhl-jersey-ads-approved-1234637203/

The helmet ads were just the beginning and people didn't complain loud enough so they knew they could get away with this too. I'm beyond over the endless amount of advertising. Those poor owners don't have enough money! Boo fvcking hoo. 

Also maybe I'm in the minority on this view but you know those small planes that fly all over the place dragging ads? More so on weekends when they know people are relaxing in their yards outside. I make sure to read the banner so I can note what it is so I can make sure I never give that company my money. Beyond fvcking annoying to see those things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

The helmet ads were just the beginning and people didn't complain loud enough so they knew they could get away with this too.

There is no amount of complaining that will convince management to forego revenue from ads. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There is no amount of complaining that will convince management to forego revenue from ads. 

Very unrealistic but if every Devils fan switched their insurance from Prudential citing the reason being the helmet ads that would have gotten their attention. 

Unfortunately ads our part of our every day lives. Ads that are annoying have never seen a dollar from me. Progressive has the absolute worst commercials and Flo has me reaching for the mute button every single time if I'm actually watching live. I will never give progressive a dollar. 

Ads have actually conditioned me to never watch anything live anymore, I'd rather start the game 30 mins late so I can fast forward them all. fvck em. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MB3 said:

I think it might have been 2011, I did a double header Canes vs USF football in the afternoon and then Devils at Lightning at night.  We ran into Chico and Cangi at the bar in our hotel, which was across the street from the Arena after the game.  I didn't want to take up too much of their time but they both seemed super awesome in the few minutes we did talk. 

The football game might have been the worst thing I've ever seen.  I think it ended 6-3.  Dark days for the Canes.      

Edit: I just looked it up and it was the Marriot, so probably the same bar you met Clarke at.    

Edited by Lateralous

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Very unrealistic but if every Devils fan switched their insurance from Prudential citing the reason being the helmet ads that would have gotten their attention. 

Unfortunately ads our part of our every day lives. Ads that are annoying have never seen a dollar from me. Progressive has the absolute worst commercials and Flo has me reaching for the mute button every single time if I'm actually watching live. I will never give progressive a dollar. 

Ads have actually conditioned me to never watch anything live anymore, I'd rather start the game 30 mins late so I can fast forward them all. fvck em. 

On a side note...pretty amazing how long she's had that gig...since 2008.  Gotta wonder when that finally comes to an end.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The helmet ads were just the beginning and people didn't complain loud enough so they knew they could get away with this too. I'm beyond over the endless amount of advertising. Those poor owners don't have enough money! Boo fvcking hoo. 

Also maybe I'm in the minority on this view but you know those small planes that fly all over the place dragging ads? More so on weekends when they know people are relaxing in their yards outside. I make sure to read the banner so I can note what it is so I can make sure I never give that company my money. Beyond fvcking annoying to see those things.

I mean... on one end you have owners who are investors literally putting money into something so that it can be a thing, in order to make a profit. That is 100% business driven. They also literally just lost like 1-2 years of revenue, thats HUGE.

Then on the other hand you have you. Who constantly whine about all those things that annoys your feelings / convenience. Getting insanely annoyed by ads on the ice, cause you're losing the puck in that 0.00000001 second it goes over it? You constantly pushing that fans need to whine to get what they want. Annoyed cause logos don't match the team's color. Vocally annoyed when a goalie is celebrating a win on the ice, that he shouldn't cause it annoys you. And now going out of your way boycotting businesses... advertising themselves? 

So to frame this as in your personal feelings (that are all things that most people can just look past no problem or be annoyed for 2 seconds then move on) are somewhat more important than people's businesses and that they should just lose money so things don't annoy you is really mind boggling.

I think you need to re-think in what direction the Boo fvcking hoo should be directed here.

Edited by SterioDesign

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean... on one end you have owners who are investors literally putting money into something so that it can be a thing, in order to make a profit. That is 100% business driven. They also literally just lost like 1-2 years of revenue, thats HUGE.

Then on the other hand you have you. Who constantly whine about all those things that annoys your feelings / convenience. Getting insanely annoyed by ads on the ice, cause you're losing the puck in that 0.00000001 second it goes over it? You constantly pushing that fans need to whine to get what they want. Annoyed cause logos don't match the team's color. Vocally annoyed when a goalie is celebrating a win on the ice, that he shouldn't cause it annoys you. And now going out of your way boycotting businesses... advertising themselves? 

So to frame this as in your personal feelings (that are all things that most people can just look past no problem or be annoyed for 2 seconds then move on) are somewhat more important than people's businesses and that they should just lose money so things don't annoy you is really mind boggling.

I think you need to re-think in what direction the Boo fvcking hoo should be directed here.

Good lord shut the fvck up. It's a fvcking message board with differing opinions. I'm not fvcking protesting outside Harris and Blitzers house, I'm complaining on a fvcking message board in a post that took me 30 seconds to write.  The Devils have my money for my season tickets and have made interest off of it since March 2020. The owners are absolute billionaires. They didn't lose sh!t. 

Considering you have an entire room dedicated to what in the end is all corporate bullsh!t advertising it doesn't surprise me that you're willing to suck all these ads down willingly. 

I don't like commercials or advertisements or the never ending marketing being shoved into our every day lives. You like it? Good for you. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1