The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

53 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

28:50 mark for the Blackwood discussion. Fitz said Blackwood was actually in the chair to get the shot and he got up and left. Fitz said he doesn't wanna hear anything from the other players that Blackwood might be getting it soon and that they had good talks with him, Fitz just wants to hear when he does get it. Asking players to not go out to dinner or anything with Blackwood cause that would be breaking protocols for them too. He needs the players to police themselves. Blackwood has to sit in a different locker room, has to sit by himself on the bus. Fitz said they would all have to wear masks on long road trips and they got the shot to not have to wear masks.

Also said there were other players on the team that were hesitant but did end up getting it.

That's a frustrated boss right there, interesting listen.

Really interesting how far out the protocols expand - having him in a separate locker room, having to wear masks on buses/planes.  It really does inconvenience the rest of the team and support staff.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Has anyone ever been to the platinum lounge? I’ve been in fire/ ice lounge but I have tickets for thursdays game says that I have access to the platinum lounge underneath or behind the section 19 seats? Never knew there was something down there 

One time in my life, mooched off a friend's tickets in college.  It's pretty sweet, really bougie.

Or at least it was like 7 years ago.  Ran into Chico and Steve down there, think they had a freakin' sushi bar.

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Well this is directly related to the Devils, if you actually listen to it, it does sound like Fitz is annoyed by the whole situation. Not giving any other of my opinions in here but I summed up what Fitz had to say about the situation... 

28:50 mark for the Blackwood discussion. Fitz said Blackwood was actually in the chair to get the shot and he got up and left. Fitz said he doesn't wanna hear anything from the other players that Blackwood might be getting it soon and that they had good talks with him, Fitz just wants to hear when he does get it. Asking players to not go out to dinner or anything with Blackwood cause that would be breaking protocols for them too. He needs the players to police themselves. Blackwood has to sit in a different locker room, has to sit by himself on the bus. Fitz said they would all have to wear masks on long road trips and they got the shot to not have to wear masks.

Also said there were other players on the team that were hesitant but did end up getting it.

n08A8NO.thumb.jpg.609ee4d8c9bb39c4669ff59678a8587c.jpg

Considering you'd normally post like 10 times a day day about that subject i assume this is literally you now trying not to post about it.

You just can't help yourself can't you. That's the 2nd time within 24 hours that you completely disregard DevilsMinder's very basic request not to bring up that subject. You couldnt just share the interview and that's it, again you had to add that specific part. You can disguise it in "this is Devils related" all you want, It's very obvious what you're doing. 

Edited by SterioDesign

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

n08A8NO.thumb.jpg.609ee4d8c9bb39c4669ff59678a8587c.jpg

Considering you'd post like 10 times a day day about that subject i assume this is literally you trying not to post about it.

You just can't help yourself can't you. That's the 2nd time within 24 hours that you completely disregard DevilsMinder's very basic request not to bring up that subject. You couldnt just share the interview and that's it, again you had to add that specific part. You can disguise it in "this is Devils related" all you want, It's very obvious what you're doing. 

Just put me on ignore and move on already. You're the biggest fvcking moron to ever grace these boards. A good part of the reason that HF has some of the good posters who left here long ago and why this place has the same 15-20 of us who actually still post here. 

I asked @DevilMinderto look into upgrading the website so the block feature actually works properly because I actually have gotten messages from others talking about how annoying your dumb ass is. I'll gladly chip in some money to never have to interact with you again and I know others will as well. Ignore is absolutely sh!t here because even though I have you on it I still have to see all your posts quoted and you can see mine so it's absolutely pointless unless we both put each other on ignore. 

I post a comment that's absolutely relating to our GM and team and summing up his words and you have to go yet another one of your dumb tangents. 

I'm 100% done with ever interacting with you again, so go ahead and have the final last word because as you have shown every damn year it kills you otherwise.

F*ck off. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Just put me on ignore and move on already. You're the biggest fvcking moron to ever grace these boards. A good part of the reason that HF has some of the good posters who left here long ago and why this place has the same 15-20 of us who actually still post here. 

I asked @DevilMinderto look into upgrading the website so the block feature actually works properly because I actually have gotten messages from others talking about how annoying your dumb ass is. I'll gladly chip in some money to never have to interact with you again and I know others will as well. Ignore is absolutely sh!t here because even though I have you on it I still have to see all your posts quoted and you can see mine so it's absolutely pointless unless we both put each other on ignore. 

I post a comment that's absolutely relating to our GM and team and summing up his words and you have to go yet another one of your dumb tangents. 

I'm 100% done with ever interacting with you again, so go ahead and have the final last word because as you have shown every damn year it kills you otherwise.

F*ck off. 

Well of course you contacted the manager of this board to whine about sh!t you're not happy with lololololol How surprising. Karen all the way. 

24 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Considering you'd normally post like 10 times a day day about that subject i assume this is literally you now trying not to post about it.

Stop picking fights.  Move on with your day.  Get a life.  

This is an interview with the team's GM where he spoke about the topic, in length.  If it bothers you move past it.

Edited by Devilsfan118

TG posted a printout of tonight's rosters for both teams 4 hours ago on twitter.

Meanwhile nothing from Corey as to our lineup for tonight while Stein has only posted pieces over several tweets.

I know I sound like a broken record about this but this is getting pretty frustrating.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

TG posted a printout of tonight's rosters for both teams 4 hours ago on twitter.

Meanwhile nothing from Corey as to our lineup for tonight while Stein has only posted pieces over several tweets.

I know I sound like a broken record about this but this is getting pretty frustrating.

I'm not sure about Corey but  Stein confirmed Mercer and Holtz for tonight and that they wouldn't have accurate lines until tonight because of  Severson but I cant imagine anything else is changing other than Severson's replacement. They really should just post the lineup without Seves and add in whoever takes his spot. 

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm not sure about Corey but  Stein confirmed Mercer and Holtz for tonight and that they wouldn't have accurate lines until tonight because of  Severson but I cant imagine anything else is changing other than Severson's replacement. They really should just post the lineup without Seves and add in whoever takes his spot. 

Lame that Devils are already hurt. 

Doesn't Lindy not put out lines until the last minute? I am wondering if it comes down to that Amanda works for the team and wants to stay on Lindy's good side, but TG don't give a damn. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

She's reporting who is in and who is out in pieces.  Meanwhile TG posted a printout of both team's rosters for tonight four hours ago.

26 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I've never been up or down on Corey too much until lately - thought he botched the handling of the story last week from beginning to end.  And then Wysh beats him to the punch anyway and breaks the true story.

I just get major "mouthpiece of the franchise" vibes from Corey lately.  Like... Amanda but under a different payroll, maybe a little more objective reporting but not much.  

I miss TG's dedicated coverage so much.  Had the timing worked out a bit differently I wonder if The Athletic could've scooped him up to cover the Devils exclusively.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

She's reporting who is in and who is out in pieces.  Meanwhile TG posted a printout of both team's rosters for tonight four hours ago.

Yeah I was agreeing with you.  She clearly has the roster if she can confirm certain players, I don't know why she cant just post it and say Severson is out. 

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I've never been up or down on Corey too much until lately - thought he botched the handling of the story last week from beginning to end.  And then Wysh beats him to the punch anyway and breaks the true story.

I just get major "mouthpiece of the franchise" vibes from Corey lately.  Like... Amanda but under a different payroll, maybe a little more objective reporting but not much.  

I miss TG's dedicated coverage so much.  Had the timing worked out a bit differently I wonder if The Athletic could've scooped him up to cover the Devils exclusively.

Corey is the more frustrating of the two because he is behind a paywall but he is getting more and more out-scooped by guys who are not behind a paywall or by idiots posting on random message boards such as myself.  His "reporting" about the current Blackwood situation has made him look foolish and if I was paying for that type of reporting I would be pissed.

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah I was agreeing with you.  She clearly has the roster if she can confirm certain players, I don't know why she cant just post it and say Severson is out. 

Ah I read your post wrong.  Yeah I don't know she doesn't do that either.  This is the second time in a row TG out-scooped our beat reporters on lineups for a game inside of a week.  Why she can post about almost getting hit with pucks during practice but not posting lineups is beyond me, but it is irritating.

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Lame that Devils are already hurt. 

Doesn't Lindy not put out lines until the last minute? I am wondering if it comes down to that Amanda works for the team and wants to stay on Lindy's good side, but TG don't give a damn. 

I remember Abby and I think it was either Corey or Chris who often replied to readers that they don't ask tough questions because they don't want to be pulled aside by the Devils org.  If that is indeed the case then the issue is on the org and that would make me more distrustful of the current ownership group.  It might also answer why neither The Record nor The Star Ledger have anyone on the Devils beat anymore as they probably think it is a waste of time if all they are restricted to are being team mouthpieces.

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Corey is the more frustrating of the two because he is behind a paywall but he is getting more and more out-scooped by guys who are not behind a paywall or by idiots posting on random message boards such as myself.  His "reporting" about the current Blackwood situation has made him look foolish and if I was paying for that type of reporting I would be pissed.

Not a coincidence that I'm letting my membership lapse this month.

26 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

If it doesn’t have anything to do with her then don’t get your hopes up on it being posted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

We all know lineups aren't nearly as important as pictures of her shoes, her handwriting, or pucks that almost hit her.

I would subscribe to whatever she has if it consisted mainly of her dodging pucks. Or really anyone for that matter, that sh!t would be hilarious. 

54 minutes ago, MB3 said:

yea but does TG have a wildly flattering duck face selfie of himself for his twitter profile picture? because checkmate amanda.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this (assuming you mean unflattering) - it's such a ridiculously goofy picture.

And of course it's the thumbnail for posts of her tweets on /r/Devils so I can't escape that stupid expression.

I see now, yeah that's... there be some photoshopping or something.

Again treading lightly here so as to not head down the "internet bullying" path but like... if you were going to spend that much time shopping a picture why would you spend the time on a photo with such a stupid facial expression.