The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I wasn't implying about them being cheap.  I was meaning more along the lines of this contest and the finalists they picked are more along the lines of what an ECHL team would do.

Could you imagine the Mets or Yankees doing this sort of thing and the options are largely unqualified superfans while passing over professionals?  That's the kind of thing you see from maybe one of their A or AA affiliates.

Yeah that's fair.

32 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Remember when he scored 6 goals and 3 assists through his first 10 NHL games?  Neither does he.  

Remember when he refused to sign with the Sabres and instead signed with the Rangers, wound up blowing goats, and they traded him after three seasons to the very team he had refused to sign with?

He definitely does.

I can't even imagine how awkward that must have been, being like "fvck that noise, I'm not signing with that sh!tty team" and then having to show up with your bag and be like "hey guys" to said sh!tty team. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Remember when he refused to sign with the Sabres and instead signed with the Rangers, wound up blowing goats, and they traded him after three seasons to the very team he had refused to sign with?

He definitely does.

I can't even imagine how awkward that must have been, being like "fvck that noise, I'm not signing with that sh!tty team" and then having to show up with your bag and be like "hey guys" to said sh!tty team. 

Yeah I remember that quite well, heh heh.  And I'm quite sure HE does!

f>ck J. Vesey!   I hope he gets cut after preseason,  & signs with Virtanen in Spartak! You don't diss my team & come crawling back. I guess you weren't as good as you thought you were. 

Thanks, I'm done.

24 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

f>ck J. Vesey!   I hope he gets cut after preseason,  & signs with Virtanen in Spartak! You don't diss my team & come crawling back. I guess you weren't as good as you thought you were. 

Thanks, I'm done.

Im ok with signing him…

…but only to include in a trade to Buffalo. For the lolz.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Thanks, I'm done.

Not that responding to an emotional post with a rational response ever lead to anything positive. But i will still try.

I'm really not sure it's fair to conclude that he "dissed" the Devils for signing with another team.... When 8 teams offered a contract (one being his hometown), and that he went to a team in the playoffs (then), while we were not a playoffs team and trending down... i mean... from the outside looking in, say you're not a Devils fan. How thrilled would you be willing to sign a contract with a new team and best case scenario is to play on Henrique or Zajac's wing? He turned down teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago and Boston. Kind of hard to be upset IMO.

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Not that responding to an emotional post with a rational response ever lead to anything positive. But i will still try.

I'm really not sure it's fair to conclude that he "dissed" the Devils for signing with another team.... When 8 teams offered a contract (one being his hometown), and that he went to a team in the playoffs (then), while we were not a playoffs team and trending down... i mean... from the outside looking in, say you're not a Devils fan. How thrilled would you be willing to sign a contract with a new team and best case scenario is to play on Henrique or Zajac's wing? He turned down teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago and Boston. Kind of hard to be upset IMO.

Add to that the fact that he sucks. We didn’t miss out on much. Three moderate seasons, two abysmal ones, and now he doesn’t have NHL job and he had to sign a PTO with us. 

10 points in 50 games last season. 30 points in his last 114 games. 

THAT makes it hard to be upset IMO. 

Truthfully, it makes me wonder why the fvck we would even give him a shot. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Add to that the fact that he sucks. We didn’t miss out on much. Three moderate seasons, two abysmal ones, and now he doesn’t have NHL job and he had to sign a PTO with us. 

10 points in 50 games last season. 30 points in his last 114 games. 

THAT makes it hard to be upset IMO. 

Truthfully, it makes me wonder why the fvck we would even give him a shot. 

it's hard to gauge. I mean he basically averaged 17 goals for 3 seasons playing on a "decent" team coming into the NHL.

Then sucked playing on teams who sucked. (i mean... my will to live and motivation would also take a huge hit if i was traded to the Sabres lol) So maybe there's still some good in him with the right group/coaching.

I don't really care how it's turning out but like you said, hard to be upset

16 hours ago, Crisis said:

It's almost like there is nothing to report

IDK I see pictures of the kids doing drills on the ice.  Might be nice to know what is going on.

15 hours ago, MB3 said:

MB3 reporting to you live from day 1 of Devils ROOKIE camp: Chill the fvck out. 

That’s been your day one of devils rookie camp report. Be sure to check back tomorrow!

I am happy that you are happy with the coverage of the Devils yesterday.

14 hours ago, Crisis said:

Physicals were in the morning, but there were pictures of the kids on the ice in the afternoon.  Would be neat to find out what they were doing instead of Amanda posting yet another attention-seeking photo of her fvcking shoes.

Ten years ago fans would have been raking TG over the coals if he didn't report on what he saw on the ice and instead just get pictures of his shoes.

26 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It’s the beginning of rookie camp. It’s not training camp. Take a breath dude holy cow. I’m sure you’ll find out how many times Ben Street scores against Giles Senn soon enough.

EDIT: but for the record, I cannot stand Amanda and it is embarrassingly obvious how insecure and attention-seeking she is. 

I don’t believe Senn is in camp. 

50 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It’s the beginning of rookie camp. It’s not training camp. Take a breath dude holy cow. I’m sure you’ll find out how many times Ben Street scores against Giles Senn soon enough.

EDIT: but for the record, I cannot stand Amanda and it is embarrassingly obvious how insecure and attention-seeking she is. 

I am just trying to be invested about rookie camp.  I got a 30-day ban a couple years back for saying that being interested in rookie camp is dumb lol.

Yeah Amanda is cringe-y.  I think in the 10ish years TG covered the team I only remember him tweeting once or twice a selfie.

8 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Really don't understand the hate Amanda gets. She is NOT a beat reporter, she is an employee of the organization. Chill the fvck out. You wanna bitch about coverage or the lack thereof take it up with The Record or the Star Ledger

We get that, but the optics are terrible.  The Devils not being able to send out a list of who is at camp yesterday (thankfully they did that this morning) but instead we get Amanda sending out pictures of an empty notebook and her shoes is very cringe.

Chris Ryan at the Star Ledger is useless and Cory Masaisasasak seemed to be MIA yesterday.  I don't even think The Record has anyone on the beat anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

We get that, but the optics are terrible.  The Devils not being able to send out a list of who is at camp yesterday (thankfully they did that this morning) but instead we get Amanda sending out pictures of an empty notebook and her shoes is very cringe.

Chris Ryan at the Star Ledger is useless and Cory Masaisasasak seemed to be MIA yesterday.  I don't even think The Record has anyone on the beat anymore.

I mean were they nice shoes at least?