The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

2 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

And my cat is still not a dog.  She is there just for fluff social media. You need someone not hired by the team for the dirt.

I think that’s it. She’s not allowed to “break” anything, if the team wants her to tell you something, she does. If they don’t, she doesn’t. She’s not out chatting up sources, her source is the Devils. 

Say hi to your cat for me, I hope Fido is well lol. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Again, I’m not sure it’s her job to break news, is it?

Fair and I pin that more on Masisak than Amanda.  I know that Amanda is really a PR person than an actual reporter.  However, is it really that difficult to post the lineups for that evening's game?  How was TG able to do it for the Devils but Amanda wasn't?  Doesn't seem like it was some sort of state secret.

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Fair and I pin that more on Masisak than Amanda.  I know that Amanda is really a PR person than an actual reporter.  However, is it really that difficult to post the lineups for that evening's game?  How was TG able to do it for the Devils but Amanda wasn't?  Doesn't seem like it was some sort of state secret.

It shouldn’t be that hard. 

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Case-in-point.  She's even searching twitter for posts about her that she's not tagged in / part of.

Look at the replies, too.  Gross behavior.

Her posting this is basically akin to saying ‘shower me with praise, followers! Tell me how untrue this criticism is and how great I really am!’.   And she gets just that with the bizarre groveling replies.

And it’s yet another tweet about her instead of anything else Devils-related.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, devlman said:

Her posting this is basically akin to saying ‘shower me with praise, followers! Tell me how untrue this criticism is and how great I really am!’.   And she gets just that with the bizarre groveling replies.

And it’s yet another tweet about her instead of anything else Devils-related.

It’s tacky to call one’s own shoe collection legendary; that should be left to other people. 

47 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know it's crazy talk but i'd love for Nashville to sh!t the bed with Forsberg and that we're going for him, either at the trade deadline or free agency. Forsberg - Hughes - Sharangovich would be a thing of beauty

Well it’s a John Hynes coached team so statically speaking, they’re bound to suck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Agreed, and price will probably be too high even if he has another down year.

He can`t play without injuries, he is another skilled top-6 winger wich we have pretty enough with some reserve, he is old and he will ask more money and more years than we need in him. 

Theme/Giveaway nights announced... 

October 15, 2021 - Home Opener presented by Prudential (vs. Chicago at 7:00 p.m. ET) - When the Devils kick off the regular season, all fans in attendance will receive a PixMob Wristband courtesy of Prudential. Make sure to arrive early to catch a special pregame show featuring the giveaway item.

November 16, 2021 - Video Game Night (vs. Ottawa at 7:00 p.m. ET) - Fans will have the opportunity to purchase a Ty Smith Video Game Night t-shirt through a special ticket link released closer to the game date. For general fans in attendance, there will be video game and esports in-bowl features throughout the evening.

November 28, 2021 - Hockey Fights Cancer (vs. Philadelphia at 7:00 p.m. ET) - Prudential Center turns lavender when the Devils host their annual Hockey Fights Cancer Night in partnership with RWJBarnabas Health to help raise money to combat cancer. There will be ways to get involved and support the cause released closer to the night. 

December 10, 2021 - Persons with Disabilities (vs. Nashville at 7:30 p.m. ET) - The Devils will partner with local organizations to celebrate all those who play the sport of hockey during their December 10th game.

December 19, 2021 - Star Wars Night (vs. Pittsburgh at 7:00 p.m. ET) - The first 9,000 fans through doors this night will receive a Star Wars Winter Hat giveaway item to commemorate the Devils' Star Wars experience at the Rock. There will be dozens of characters on the concourse, theme music and game presentation elements.

January 22, 2022 - Pride Night (vs. Carolina at 7:00 p.m. ET) - Celebrate Pride at the Rock during this Saturday matchup at Prudential Center. Fans will have the opportunity to get involved and support the cause with various fundraising activities and more.

February 28, 2022 - Black History Celebration (vs. Vancouver at 7:30 p.m. ET) - The Devils will celebrate Black History Month with special in-game features, exclusive content, fundraising activities and more during this Monday night puck drop at Prudential Center.

March 6, 2022 - Youth Hockey Day presented by RWJBarnabas Health (vs. St. Louis at 1:00 p.m. ET) - The team will celebrate the sport of hockey in New Jersey with a game dedicated to youth hockey players. Courtesy of RWJBarnabas Health, the first 9,000 fans in attendance will receive a Jack Hughes Bobblehead.

March 8, 2022 - Gender Equality Night (vs. Colorado at 7:00 p.m. ET) - Celebrate Gender Equality Month at the Rock where the Devils will highlight the importance of gender inclusion in the sport of hockey and within the organization, building upon initiatives led by the National Hockey League to support gender equality throughout the sport at all levels.

March 10, 2022 - Zajac 1,000th Game Recognition (vs. Winnipeg at 7:00 p.m. ET) - The Devils will honor Travis Zajac on his NHL career and playing 1,000 NHL games as a Devil/in the NHL during this Thursday night matchup. There will be a special Silver Stick Capsule Giveaway to commemorate the night and his career.

March 12, 2022 - St. Patrick's Day (vs. Anaheim at 7:00 p.m. ET) - The Rock will turn green to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and the first 9,000 fans in attendance will receive a Mackenzie Blackwood bobblehead courtesy of Investors Bank.

March 27, 2022 - Military Appreciation Night presented by Prudential (vs. Montreal at 7:00 p.m. ET) - The Devils and their fans honor our troops during this Sunday night matchup. The first 9,000 fans in attendance will receive a military-inspired hat courtesy of Prudential and there will be concourse activations, in-game features, and more.

April 2, 2022 and April 3, 2022 - Nickelodeon Weekend - The Devils will host back-to-back home games at the Rock but this weekend is all about Nickelodeon on the concourse! There will be exclusive activations for all ages and fans can purchase a special Nickelodeon t-shirt pack to celebrate the weekend.

April 24, 2022 - Top Gun Night (vs. Detroit at 1:00 p.m. ET) - The first 9,000 fans in attendance will receive a Top Gun Bobblehead courtesy of MSG Networks. Fans will experience a Top Gun in-game takeover in celebration of Top Gun 2 being released in theaters in May 2022.

April 29, 2022 - Fan Appreciation Night presented by M&M's (vs. Detroit at 7:00 p.m. ET) - The Devils will celebrate the fans during Fan Appreciation Night presented by M&M's with an exclusive giveaway item. There will be in-game prizes, activations, and more to celebrate the conclusion of the 2021-22 regular season.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:42 PM, DevsMan84 said:

She (Amanda) post lines/D pairings as they happen (on Twitter) during practice everyday. ALWAYS. I see them, & don't understand why folks here don't. 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:08 PM, SterioDesign said:

I know it's crazy talk but i'd love for Nashville to sh!t the bed with Forsberg and that we're going for him, either at the trade deadline or free agency. Forsberg - Hughes - Sharangovich would be a thing of beauty

I think Forsberg's going to get paid wherever he goes. Jack's inline to get paid next year & although I'd love to see him (Forsberg) in NJ, other teams are willing to pony up.

8 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

She (Amanda) post lines/D pairings as they happen (on Twitter) during practice everyday. ALWAYS. I see them, & don't understand why folks here don't. 

lol no she doesn't.

Just yesterday she posted a handful of guys who were on for the non-game practice group.  As for the game practice group, she posted the goaltenders and that's about it.

48 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I think Forsberg's going to get paid wherever he goes. Jack's inline to get paid next year & although I'd love to see him (Forsberg) in NJ, other teams are willing to pony up.

I’m still not sure how much Jack should be offered at this point. It’s a real interesting situation, where he’s never played a full season and his ELC is running out. So far all he’s done is get outscored by his defenseman brother almost 2 to 1. 

So his deal will have to be based more on hopes and potential than actual performance. Unless he comes out this year and explodes.