The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know what their level of fanship is, but if I were blessed enough to make the NHL, and then I had a choice of going to whatever team I felt like going to, I have to imagine I’ll be waiting for the Devils to call.

They don’t have a choice. Last time I checked, the Tkachuk’s aren’t UFA’s.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

They don’t have a choice. Last time I checked, the Tkachuk’s aren’t UFA’s.

True, they can’t choose directly, if they aren’t going to resign and a trade is imminent (not saying that’s the case), I can see why they would hope their hometown team they grew up loving would be one of the suitors. 

Indirectly, the team making the trade also has to be confident of their ability to sign them, or be prepared to lose them in free agency, so maybe it still comes into play. 

Edited by mfitz804

41 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't care who wins this but feel bad for the last guy Frank who didn't get to actually do a game so I voted for him... 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/team/pa-announcer?utm_source=njd_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Devils_Promotion_PAAnnouncerSearch_Final3_100921

We don't have a choice anyway. This is all just so they can get more emails and phone numbers. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s some truly entitled bullsh!t if that’s the case. What happened to playing for the team that drafted you? All these fvcktards wanna ‘go home’. It’s fvcking lame. 

Oh come on, how many times havee we said "so and so is from Jersey or the area, let's go after him." Hell we did the same sh!t with Palms.

Sure, they aren't UFAs but lets be perfectly honest, would YOU be willing to stay in Ottawa for one second longer than you needed to if you had the chance to get the hell out, one way or another?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Probably true but they already have my number and email and they definitely aren't interested in talking to me anymore then they already have lol

I get a separate email for every time I sign up for one of these. At one point I was getting 5 identical emails every time, and I had to unsubscribe from each one until I was only getting one. 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Is this really news? I'd be shocked if anyone thought the entire team was backing him on this. 

its not news and everyone knows how everyone feels about this but you can be sure that this dude will share just about anything pushing in agenda about this. 

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

This isn't news...of course there are going to be players who disagree with Blackwood's decision, anyone that doesn't think that was going to be the case is nieve.   And likewise anyone who thinks it's going to be 100% anti-Blackwood in the room is also being nieve.  The divisiveness this is causing is just another reason I have no use for Blackwood and his foot-dragging right now.  Especially when we're less than 24 hours away from him potentially having the virus AGAIN

Interesting news article about the microchipped pucks they are using this season... 

https://www.si.com/hockey/.amp/news/nhl-tracking-pucks-this-season-opening-up-gambling-options

After a bumpy start last season with microchipped pucks that didn’t slide right, the latest versions have worked so well that at least one coach wasn’t sure if they were in play yet.

“I’m not aware that we have used those pucks yet this season,” Detroit Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill said. “I wish we would so we could feel them.”

That seems to be a good sign. The NHL attempted to track pucks last January, but took them off the ice six days into the season.

“We went away from it because the puck didn’t glide right,” Blashill recalled. “It didn’t feel like a real puck. Obviously, that’s the trick. I think puck tracking is a great thing that will really help the analytics a lot.”

That is indeed the key: Data generated by the pucks and from sensors about the size of a thumb on the backs of players will be used by teams to develop their players and to scout opponents. Passing, puck possession, takeaways, giveaways and more can be accurately recorded without the potential subjectivity of a scoring crew in an arena.

Edited by Satans Hockey

48 minutes ago, MB3 said:

yes, the topic of public health is obviously “pushing an agenda”

Calling the COVID topic “public health” is like calling all of the back and forth between the Republicans and Democrats and their constituents leading up to and following the Presidential election and inauguration  “constitutional law”. Technically you’re right, but not really. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

its not news and everyone knows how everyone feels about this but you can be sure that this dude will share just about anything pushing in agenda about this. 

He posted a tweet.

Can you please keep your opinions to yourself on this matter if you're not going to contribute to the conversation. This schtick is getting old.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

I really wonder what the actual impact of this Blackwood situation will be. There’s no way he’s the number one goalie this season if he can’t be relied on to be available for every game (not just not being able to play in Canada, but the guy couldn’t even make it to the regular season without needing to be held out). It doesn’t help to hear how frustrated Fitz is about it. There may come a time when Fitz decides it’s time to move on, which would be a major blow to our team’s chances of a successful next few years. 

Really makes me wish the Devils found a way to trade up for Wallstedt in the last draft. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

joker-the-dark-knight.gif

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Animated GIF

Wouldn’t happen if people would follow the rules. But if not, having only one side of the debate spoken about is not going to happen. 

The fact that you waited for someone to respond before saying anything kind of confirms the whole “agenda” theory. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He posted a tweet.

Can you please keep your opinions to yourself on this matter if you're not going to contribute to the conversation. This schtick is getting old.

Thanks in advance.

oh "my schtick" is getting old but not the one DM asked us not to discuss and been warned countless times. ok ok ok

Why don't i go and post every single articles i can find about Parise, Niedermayer, Rafalski, Arnott, Gomez, etc etc signing somewhere else after Lou sh!t the bed with them. Totally Devils hockey related. Wouldnt be pushing an agenda at all right

Edited by SterioDesign