The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

And they can’t just stick to the actual news, which would be fine, they need to interject their opinion into it, over and over. 

We get it, you think everyone should be vaccinated. @SterioDesignis 100% right, you want to criticize him for bringing up Lou all the time, or me for talking about Jack’s lack of scoring, but you’re literally doing the same thing. 

I don’t know about everyone else, but I know all about COVID vaccinations and I’m tired of hearing people’s opinions about them. This place should be an escape from that rhetoric. 

Wait, I thought he was getting it within 24 hours??

I called BS.. And it was

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Honestly couldn't remember if I posted here about the team giving people options for the season because that just happened recently. They have been quite shady and sh!tty about it too, only offering it to some people but not outright offering it to everyone so you basically have to push for it if that's what you want. 

I really don't get why our team acts like there's some high demand for people shelling out money for 44 home games for a team that's made the playoffs 1x since 2012 and a team that has always had attendance issues. Instead of saying hey we know this situation sucks here's your options they have to hide it and make it difficult for everyone. 

They are also not holding the seats for people who opt out, you can carry your money over and keep your tenure but there's no guarantee the seats will be saved. This is the stuff I don't get with them, why not build more loyalty by realizing this is a year with a sh!tty situation for some and just say hey we know you've been a season ticket holder for x amount of years and we value your loyalty for keeping your money with us, we will keep your seats and see you next season. Instead I now know several long term season ticket holders who are completely done spending money on this team. 

Our front office on the ticket/arena side is run by absolute fools. That's my last rant on this one for awhile. 

I let our rep know that we wouldn't be attending any games this year - got the standard canned response which I expected but... still.

Now granted my Dad and I only ever bought the flex plans, no more than 10 games a year.  Small player in the grand scheme so I'm sure our concerns didn't make it very far.

So between Comcast dropping MSG and the arena situation being what it is - my intake of Devils games this year might be limited :lol:

Pray that our lord and savior Widdy posts YT streams on /r/Devils I guess.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

DM I feel you, but like... Blackwood's status is a major variable this year.  I feel like we can discuss its potential impact here without casting judgement and having it spiral into another pissing contest.

My stance here is clear, but I can discuss the logistics surrounding his status without blowing a gasket.  I would hope others can behave the same way..

Why do I feel like the injury bug is going to derail a potentially good start to the season here..

There's a big difference between hope and actuality.  A small board like this is really the only chance to potentially have a civil discussion (it sure as sh!t ain't happening on HF or the comments section of Twitter/Facebook) in theory, but...it just ain't happening dude, especially with this hitting home so to speak with Blackwood putting himself and this team in the epicenter of it here.  

Especially considering this causes arguments over things that really shouldn't have any nuance to them.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s scheduled right after the Black Lives Matter dissertation and the gender fluidity sensitivity seminar. Go Devils. 

This is the first post I read after running a half marathon this morning that absolutely destroyed me, and i can’t decide if I wanna go back for further context….

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Again, KEEP YOUR DISCUSSION CIVIL. His mother is the leader of Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Centre so hopefully this means some enlightenment has happened.

Probably wants to get a feel for game action again coming off the injury, get a groove, get his shot, see how the first dose affects him, keep playing, then time the second in case he has adverse reactions which many people have reported.

EDIT: by adverse, I mean the usual side effects headaches, fatigue, etc.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

This is the first post I read after running a half marathon this morning that absolutely destroyed me, and i can’t decide if I wanna go back for further context….

I wouldn’t. Nice job on the 1/2 marathon though, someone woke up motivated!

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn’t. Nice job on the 1/2 marathon though, someone woke up motivated!

Oh hell no I didn’t, it was #4 on the year and hands down the worst. Ended up walking parts, which I never do, was quite irritated at myself especially since I cramped badly and staggered across the finish. The crazy sh!t was I still somehow placed in my age bracket. I felt like Lias Anderson and wanted to chuck the medal into the bay cause I feel like didn’t deserve it 🤣

23 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Again, KEEP YOUR DISCUSSION CIVIL. His mother is the leader of Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Centre so hopefully this means some enlightenment has happened.

Great to see potential progress being* made.

Hope things continue to trend in the right direction here.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wish I was from a place with a cool name like Thunder Bay. 

Cool is right. The place is fvcking arctic cold in the winter. And literally a days drive from civilization of any realistic definition. But hey, it has lots of amethyst there if rocks are your thing.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Another possible injury... 

This is about the only way Colton White cracks the lineup…

Just now, Rob_Ottawa said:

Cool is right. The place is fvcking arctic cold in the winter. And literally a days drive from civilization of any realistic definition. But hey, it has lots of amethyst there if rocks are your thing.

That sounds perfect. 

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah, I'm done with this guy, hope we have another prospect in the system who can take the #1 job sooner rather than later... 

Amanda "but you are kinda leaning towards?(getting the shot)" 

Blackwood "unfortunately, yes" and then laughs

Tell us more about how you feel about this subject please.

Few quick questions. Are you a season ticket holder?

Just curious. How do you feel about the front office and their management lately?

Also how do you feel about the ignore feature on this forum? is it working good for you? 

How do you feel about publicities and sponsorship? you think there's a chance it gets worst when it comes to logos on jerseys ?

Im dying to know all these things man. Really wish you'd open more about your feelings and expectations on here

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

What's the joke here? 

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah, I'm done with this guy, hope we have another prospect in the system who can take the #1 job sooner rather than later... 

Amanda "but you are kinda leaning towards?(getting the shot)" 

Blackwood "unfortunately, yes" and then laughs

All I care about is the on ice product. I couldn't care less about what Mac's feels are about anything, if he thinks the earth is flat, or if he thinks it's Taylor ham and not Pork roll. If he gets the shot then the whole thing is over. He can play, and that's where my interest ends in the subject. 

Honest question, I'm not trying to poke the bear or anything-- why does it matter to you that he is getting it only because he has to? This was always a possibility whether he caved on day one or day 100.

• Like 2