The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I was saying he clearly knew he was going to make leg on leg contact. People can argue over whether it was a text book slew foot or not but he knew what he was doing. I don’t think he was intending to injure anyone but he definitely knew his leg was going to hit the back of Reaves’. He could easily have avoided that. So it makes it hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when you add in that he has a history of slew footing. 

Right. Did he intend to take him out of the play? Yes. Did he plan to make him fall awkwardly so he got hurt? No. 

Did he do something that comes with that risk? Obviously so. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MB3 said:

They won’t be staples.

I don’t know what Walsh you watched this preseason, but it’s becoming pretty abundantly clear that he’s a major bust. He was lost, out of position and confused every time he had the puck. 

Yeah, I shouldn't have said staples - I meant just regulars in the lineup at least for a few guys (until whenever Sevs and Smith are available).  

Admittedly I didn't see much of Walsh.  Disappointing to hear that he's regarded as a bust.  

18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

According to an email, Devils have updated their policy.  You either have to show proof of vaccination at the door or have to wear a mask at all times.

Not quite ideal, but going in the right direction.

This is absolutely worthless, it's a half ass policy... 

ENTRY POLICY:
In order to enter Prudential Center, patrons ages 12 and up must (1) present proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status (via display of an actual vaccination card, a complete picture of the card, or an online digital vaccination record) or (2) wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
  • Children under 12 may enter the venue so long as they wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
  • For complete Prudential Center health and safety protocols, please go to PruCenter.com/safety.

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This is absolutely worthless, it's a half ass policy... 

ENTRY POLICY:
In order to enter Prudential Center, patrons ages 12 and up must (1) present proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status (via display of an actual vaccination card, a complete picture of the card, or an online digital vaccination record) or (2) wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
  • Children under 12 may enter the venue so long as they wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
  • For complete Prudential Center health and safety protocols, please go to PruCenter.com/safety.

Okay…. We wanted a policy. They announced one. They are requiring proof of vaccination or a mask. What else were they supposed to do? Require a picture of the needle going in your arm?

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s better than not announcing anything, which is what it looked like they would do. 

No, it’s exactly the same. There’s no way they will enforce that rule and it’s basically letting everyone do whatever they feel like “masked” as a policy. Pun obviously intended, you know who you are dealing with lol. 

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

They may hand out wristbands to those who are vaccinated.  I mean that would make the most sense.

Already the anti-vax crowd are going nuts on social media.

And then just constantly go around the arena checking for masks and wristbands? I just don’t see it happening. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Okay…. We wanted a policy. They announced one. They are requiring proof of vaccination or a mask. What else were they supposed to do? Require a picture of the needle going in your arm?

They aren't going to enforce this, it's a joke policy. They want to try to look good without pissing anyone off but this isn't it. 

Arbitrary and non-sensical.

For starters, proof of recovery from covid or a negative covid test should be as valid as the vaccine card. 

Breakthrough infections after vaccination were 13-fold more likely than reinfections in unvaccinated people, and symptomatic breakthrough infections 27-fold more likely than symptomatic reinfections, the study found.

That being said, everyone should be required to wear the mask anyway. Breakthrough cases aren't rare and it's well documented that vaccinated individuals can catch and transmit covid. This is why negative test is the only way to enter the US through air.

Realistic policy: If you're vaccinated, recently recovered or testing negative, come to the arena and wear a mask. If you're not in that cohort stay home.  

• Like 1

Another thread hijacked by the vaccine or else crowd. I don’t see what the big deal is, honestly. If you’re not comfortable going to games then don’t go, sit home in fear and watch as time passes you by. Want the vaccine? Great, go get it. Don’t want it? Don’t get it. If the vaccine is the end all be all go get it and you shouldn’t have to worry about the unvaccinated so much. Have the vaccine still scared? Here’s an idea then you walk around prudential center wearing a mask all night. Some people are just getting to be a bit much with this. Stay home if you’re scared. It’s that simple. More tickets for the rest of us. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6
  • Thanks 1

It's never going to be perfect anyway.

Photoshoping a vaccine passport is incredibly easy to do. And breakthrough cases are becoming more and more common if you're vaccinated, especially if you've been vaccinated early as many reports showing the efficiency dropping after a few months.

So presenting a recent negative test is truly the only trustable thing.