The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Another thread hijacked by the vaccine or else crowd. I don’t see what the big deal is, honestly. If you’re not comfortable going to games then don’t go, sit home in fear and watch as time passes you by. Want the vaccine? Great, go get it. Don’t want it? Don’t get it. If the vaccine is the end all be all go get it and you shouldn’t have to worry about the unvaccinated so much. Have the vaccine still scared? Here’s an idea then you walk around prudential center wearing a mask all night. Some people are just getting to be a bit much with this. Stay home if you’re scared. It’s that simple. More tickets for the rest of us. 

Why would you even post this?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Why would you even post this?

Because this is just ridiculous at this point, come on here to read about the devils and upcoming hockey season and it’s pages of vaccine discussion in the season thread. Maybe this forum doesn’t have enough moderators anymore. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Another thread hijacked by the vaccine or else crowd. I don’t see what the big deal is, honestly. If you’re not comfortable going to games then don’t go, sit home in fear and watch as time passes you by. Want the vaccine? Great, go get it. Don’t want it? Don’t get it. If the vaccine is the end all be all go get it and you shouldn’t have to worry about the unvaccinated so much. Have the vaccine still scared? Here’s an idea then you walk around prudential center wearing a mask all night. Some people are just getting to be a bit much with this. Stay home if you’re scared. It’s that simple.

The Devils updated their policy and people are talking about it. It's news literally related to attending games that affects people who go. It's not like it's just covid talk in general. 

21 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Because this is just ridiculous at this point, come on here to read about the devils and upcoming hockey season and it’s pages of vaccine discussion in the season thread. Maybe this forum doesn’t have enough moderators anymore. 

Or if they could at least create and dedicate a specific thread to this fvcking season ticket holders whine fest about policies. I come in this thread to hear about hockey, not this constant sh!t.

I come here to escape this fvcking sh!t that's been everywhere for over a year now.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I haven’t noticed any of that, personally. 

There’s pages of nonsense vaccine talk where most of us come to read and talk about devils hockey. This isn’t the vaccine thread. Or prudential center thread, I thought this was for team discussion. 

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

There’s pages of nonsense vaccine talk where most of us come to read and talk about devils hockey. This isn’t the vaccine thread. Or prudential center thread, I thought this was for team discussion. 

I don't want to speak for him. But he was being very very very very very sarcastic i think lol 

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

You’re right, if I wasn’t annoyed I’m sure I would’ve picked up on that. 😂

It's good that you speak up though cause i had a talk with Satans Hockey and he sees no problem about these constant talks and said that it was only bothering me, mfitz and nobody else on the board.  Eventhough DM tried to get everyone to stop countless times

5 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

We wouldn't have had pages of it if we didn't have 1 of the 5 guys in the entire league who are actually not vaccainted and him having to sit out practice  cause of unsure results. Our GM also discussing our starting goalie and the situation as well on a podcast. These things are what dragged this whole thread into that discussion to begin with cause it unfortunately does end up being Devils news. 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

The denial in this guy knows no limits lol

Funny he didn't post anything about vaccinated players sidelined because of covid currently. There's quite a few too. But it doesn't fit his narrative obviously. 

No one is denying that there are and will be vaccinated players who are sidelined because of COVID.  No one is saying that the vaccine is a silver bullet that makes you 100% immune from infection (though it reduces your chances of dying or being hospitalized to nearly zero).

The issue is that we have a player who is creating unnecessary drama because he has so far refused to take it.  He is literally only 1 of five now four players in the entire league that doesn't have it and it caused him to be pulled from the last preseason game at the last minute because of the inconclusive test he must now subject himself and others to.  He is also right now, barring any changes, penciled in to missing at least 9 games because of it which for a team that has aspirations of being on the playoff bubble only makes things tougher.

In short, he can do whatever he wants.  However there is no denying he is making things far more complicated for both himself and the team for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

No one is denying that there are and will be vaccinated players who are sidelined because of COVID.  No one is saying that the vaccine is a silver bullet that makes you 100% immune from infection (though it reduces your chances of dying or being hospitalized to nearly zero).

The issue is that we have a player who is creating unnecessary drama because he has so far refused to take it.  He is literally only 1 of five now four players in the entire league that doesn't have it and it caused him to be pulled from the last preseason game at the last minute because of the inconclusive test he must now subject himself and others to.  He is also right now, barring any changes, penciled in to missing at least 9 games because of it which for a team that has aspirations of being on the playoff bubble only makes things tougher.

In short, he can do whatever he wants.  However there is no denying he is making things far more complicated for both himself and the team for it.

Well see this isn't even true at the moment and it's trending for the worst as its going too so right there that speaks to the problem with these conversation. We could likely have a great conversation about this subject somewhere else but not here. 

Thing is this is a very very very complex mixing health, politics, policies, science, etc etc. As soon as you get these things involved, biases, misinformation and all that sh!ts comes in and people get very emotional right away and rationality goes outside the window and everyone want things to be black and white and THEIR stance to be the only acceptable one.

Also I agree that he's making things harder on himself. But he had covid already, he knows all about it, his mom is a health officials and there is studies s howing that natural immunity is more effective long term. So let's put aside our personal opinions on this subject and keep in mind that it's not necessarily Blackwood that is preventing himself from playing those 9 games. It's the restrictions that are preventing him to do that. And again, that discussions falls under the no-no subjects here. That's all im going to say about this as i already said i wouldnt multiple times. At least i have the intention to stop, unlike that other dude who,s in the middle of ALL of them. 

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well see this isn't even true at the moment and it's trending for the worst as its going too so right there that speaks to the problem with these conversation. We could likely have a great conversation about this subject somewhere else but not here. 

Thing is this is a very very very complex mixing health, politics, policies, science, etc etc. As soon as you get these things involved, biases, misinformation and all that sh!ts comes in and people get very emotional right away and rationality goes outside the window and everyone want things to be black and white and THEIR stance to be the only acceptable one.

Also I agree that he's making things harder on himself. But he had covid already, he knows all about it, his mom is a health officials and there is studies s howing that natural immunity is more effective long term. So let's put aside our personal opinions on this subject and keep in mind that it's not necessarily Blackwood that is preventing himself from playing those 9 games. It's the restrictions that are preventing him to do that. And again, that discussions falls under the no-no subjects here. That's all im going to say about this as i already said i wouldnt multiple times. At least i have the intention to stop, unlike that other dude who,s in the middle of ALL of them. 

Yet all but 4 out of the 700+ NHL players have decided to follow the guidelines to prevent those restrictions.  Blackwood isn't ignorant of those restrictions.  These didn't sneak up on him as they have been out for months now.  He knows he cannot play in those games.  He knows he is creating an issue for the team and his teammates.  He know that he is under increased scrutiny.  I am not going to pat him on the back for having his own opinion (which he is entitled to) and I sure as hell not going to do the same for creating this distraction for the team.

Again, if the Devils are wanting to make the playoffs or at least be in the mix, they need to get as many points as they can with all hands on deck.  Having your starting goaltender not available for a possible 18 points is throwing a massive wrench into those plans and everyone has the right to criticize him for that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yet all but 4 out of the 700+ NHL players have decided to follow the guidelines to prevent those restrictions.  Blackwood isn't ignorant of those restrictions.  These didn't sneak up on him as they have been out for months now.  He knows he cannot play in those games.  He knows he is creating an issue for the team and his teammates.  He know that he is under increased scrutiny.  I am not going to pat him on the back for having his own opinion (which he is entitled to) and I sure as hell not going to do the same for creating this distraction for the team.

Again, if the Devils are wanting to make the playoffs or at least be in the mix, they need to get as many points as they can with all hands on deck.  Having your starting goaltender not available for a possible 18 points is throwing a massive wrench into those plans and everyone has the right to criticize him for that.

And he may be right or wrong about it, i'm not the judge of that. But for him to take the time to make an educated decisions for himself is more important and smarter than making a decision he's forced to make to do something else. That's blackmailing. That we agree or not with it, it is what it is. 

Didn't we agree that family and players personal lives were the #1 most important thing in the big picture and that hockey was just a game? We need to remind ourselves of that here. 

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

3ED8960F-5C71-43B0-9D6F-95935A9A2534.gif

I have no problem with being critical of Blackwood for his decision. You will recall, I was in fact criticized for saying he was letting his team and the organization down.

It’s the rest of the colloquy, who’s a moron, who is fvcking stupid, etc. based on a medical decision. Disagreeing with someone’s choice is fine, and when that happened, nobody objected. But certain people instead felt they should create a hostile environment and it pissed people off. It even pissed off the admin, who then made a rule to avoid it that certain people decided they don’t have to follow.

There are zero people here saying we don’t have the right to criticize Blackwood. But being belligerent and putting it in every thread (and in fact, a new, designated thread for it was created and it is still in multiple threads) is obnoxious and pointless. Some of you are being as aggressive as the anti-vaxxers that you appear to hate. Everyone has opinions, whether or not you are a d!ck about them is a personal choice you make. 

And, as a side note, some of you who are repeating it over and over again are the same people who are critical of others for repeating the same things over and over again, even though their positions are actually related to the actual playing of the game. 

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have no problem with being critical of Blackwood for his decision. You will recall, I was in fact criticized for saying he was letting his team and the organization down.

It’s the rest of the colloquy, who’s a moron, who is fvcking stupid, etc. based on a medical decision. Disagreeing with someone’s choice is fine, and when that happened, nobody objected. But certain people instead felt they should create a hostile environment and it pissed people off. It even pissed off the admin, who then made a rule to avoid it that certain people decided they don’t have to follow.

There are zero people here saying we don’t have the right to criticize Blackwood. But being belligerent and putting it in every thread (and in fact, a new, designated thread for it was created and it is still in multiple threads) is obnoxious and pointless. Some of you are being as aggressive as the anti-vaxxers that you appear to hate. Everyone has opinions, whether or not you are a d!ck about them is a personal choice you make. 

And, as a side note, some of you who are repeating it over and over again are the same people who are critical of others for repeating the same things over and over again, even though their positions are actually related to the actual playing of the game. 

The new thread is for ticket and arena polices and happenings, it's not a talk about Blackwood/all other covid in general thread. 

It's also funny having to hear how belligerent some of us are when some still can't keep my name out of their mouth. 

I didn't bring up any other teams because I don't give two sh!ts about the rest of the league nor players on other teams, I rarely follow anything going on in the league these days because I simply don't care.

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The new thread is for ticket and arena polices and happenings, it's not a talk about Blackwood/all other covid in general thread. 

It's also funny having to hear how belligerent some of us are when some still can't keep my name out of their mouth. 

I mean it’s specifically discussing the new policy that came out regarding COVID, but that’s fine, there should be a dedicated thread so people who want to ignore it can do so. 

Of course, in true NJDevs form, now it’s about whether or not people still use cash. Sticking to a topic never works all that well. 

Some people are belligerent. I didn’t say you were. You added yourself to that group. If you don’t realize that some people were, I’m not sure if you have been reading this board. 

Edited by mfitz804