The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

I concur with the sentiment about Tarasenko. The point of going for him in the off season was getting him on a deal given the ??? On how his shoulder was.

If Chicago is imploding and some of their guys don't want to be in a rebuild, I might look into that depending in who is available. Not sure how many people might wanna stay away from that just due to the general optics of what's gone on there over the last year and maybe that's valid. 

1 hour ago, CarpathianForest said:

Pucks and Pitchforks

I stopped reading after the above.  That site is the worst.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Those bumps and bruises have really progressed. FFS. 

I think the team is actually missing him this season. That attitude and edge. Then again this team cannot afford to take penalties so maybe it's for the best. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Those bumps and bruises have really progressed. FFS. 

I think the team is actually missing him this season. That attitude and edge. Then again this team cannot afford to take penalties so maybe it's for the best. 

Team treats its fans like idiots yet a lot keep on lapping up the sh!t they shovel.

Kind of interesting that no one claimed Studenic...relatively young (just turned 23)...curious to see how he fits in with Utica (as in, is there much room for him down there?).  

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is the only answer. All 3 players are sh!t, and one can be sh!t in two positions. 

Heh heh well said, every now and then, in baseball, you'll see some guy signed who can technically "play" four positions.  The fact that he can't play a single one of them decently doesn't seem to matter.  

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh well said, every now and then, in baseball, you'll see some guy signed who can technically "play" four positions.  The fact that he can't play a single one of them decently doesn't seem to matter.  

But in this instance, none of the guys can play any position. So the guy who can fill in on either forward or defense is slightly more valuable than the guys who are only forwards. 

Again, it’s just a more valuable piece of sh!t which is still, at the end of the day, a piece of sh!t. 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t mind another look at Tyce, but I’ve looked at Boqvist enough. 

I think Boqvist could do with just getting minutes in the AHL and working on his all round game. He has just started to get his game going and now he will be in a different situation. It's not good for development. 

Also I think the Utica coaches are better, so I would rather keep him down there. 

• Like 1