The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

Pretty cool to see that Mercer is 5th in career points from players from the 2020 draft. 3 of the 4 ahead of him (including Lafreniere) are in their second season,  with a much less impressive scoring rate. The only player ahead of him this year is Lucas Raymond, who has had a phenomenal start with Detroit. What an excellent pick.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:
De Leo up, Holtz back down. 

Feels like the right move, sending Holtz back down.  Doesn't really seem like he's ready yet.  But I don't think it's a bad thing that he got a taste.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Feels like the right move, sending Holtz back down.  Doesn't really seem like he's ready yet.  But I don't think it's a bad thing that he got a taste.  

I agree. He got some chances, had a couple of assists. Now he has a taste for the speed of the NHL and can be more ready next time. De Leo has earned a shot even though i don’t expect much from him. 

25 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I agree. He got some chances, had a couple of assists. Now he has a taste for the speed of the NHL and can be more ready next time. De Leo has earned a shot even though i don’t expect much from him. 

De Leo is nothing more than a AAAA guy. He’ll disappear up here, and be back in Utica by next week.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

De Leo is nothing more than a AAAA guy. He’ll disappear up here, and be back in Utica by next week.

True but sends a message to the AHL guys that you will get rewarded. 14 wins in a row you kindve have to show them some love.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

That's what they said about Coleman

Coleman was a great story, but also a major exception.  Most of what's currently down at Utica isn't going to make much of a long-term impact here, no matter how many games they win in the AHL.  Mostly guys who've become good enough to put up nice enough numbers to have Pucks & Pitchforks guys saying "This guy's gotta get called up NOW!", but when we see them up here, we realize that they are what they are (AAAA players).  You just hope some of them can be decent call-ups, if asked to fill in for injured guys.