The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But she does CALL herself a beat writer, I learned the other day. 

Where?  On her Twitter bio she has 'reporter' and content creator, which is mostly accurate.  She only reports what the team wants her to though.  If she's calling herself a beat writer then she deserves crap just for blurring the line of what she does compared to an actual independent beat writer.

Edited by NJDevs4978

17 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Where?  On her Twitter bio she has 'reporter' and content creator, which is mostly accurate.  She only reports what the team wants her to though.  If she's calling herself a beat writer then she deserves crap just for blurring the line of what she does compared to an actual independent beat writer.

35185ACC-F8BC-4F1B-8FBE-B44E71D90207.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Is this still going on? I can think of very few things less interesting (or worthy) to argue about than Amanda freaking Stein. 

You’re right. What’s your favorite pair of shoes like?

Rant incoming:

The New Jersey Devils have become a fraction of what they were in their glory. There’s no toughness, there’s no go for the throat mentality to put the game away, sure they can compete regularly but they won’t give you a full 60 minutes of effort. And at the end of every game where they should have won if they actually have a sh!t an entire game, all we get are the Eli Manning “Gee golly gosh guys” answers and “they’ll figure it out soon, they’re young and learning.”

They SHOULD be a bubble team, but thanks to that regulation loss last night, and somehow them having tied for 3rd most games played in the league, we’re 10/5 back in the 1/2 spots respectively. The losing, the pathetic “well it’s okay Mac, you coulda maybe had 1 or 2 of those,” or “it’s okay, the defense is young, they’re still learning” or “they were without x y or z so they’ll be better when healthy” sh!t HAS to stop. The coaches and much more largely Fitz need to stop protecting guys and actually hold people accountable for being or doing sh!t.

Subban does his dirty crap yet again, post on Instagram from the players suite for a few games, that’ll really help your negotiating power in the offseason. 

Ty Smith, you want to be weaker than a sheet of Scott’s 1-ply toilet paper? Enjoy Utica and maybe try to remember why you needed an extra year of seasoning in Spokane.

Blackwood, you thought being a distraction to start the year was bad? Take a look at your numbers, and now sit there and watch as the young guys get peppered doing a job you should have been doing. I’d throw you a beach ball, but you’d let it get past you. Maybe some middle school has an earth ball we can work our way down from there.

end…

• Like 3

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Not if you are handing him a ball. Maybe try a puck. Or a bigger glove. Hand him the ball? Its the wrong sport and its triggering my OCD. 

Maybe they were worried saying “handing him the net on a silver platter” would trigger flashbacks to the Caps game?

Lindy, you are an old guy, what’s about extra free weekend?

Even Sisyphus wouldn't entrust his work to Blackwood. I wanna cheer for Black Mac, but he absolutely deserve to watch how Schmid play, how gullies play, even freakin Brady, who is good in university, deserve more. Can we call Malek from Czech? Dubnyk is without a job. He was bad, but we have worser starter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Lindy, you are an old guy, what’s about extra free weekend?

Even Sisyphus wouldn't entrust his work to Blackwood. I wanna cheer for Black Mac, but he absolutely deserve to watch how Schmid play, how gullies play, even freakin Brady, who is good in university, deserve more. Can we call Malek from Czech? Dubnyk is without a job. He was bad, but we have worser starter.

It’s 2022, you can’t just call a guy Black Mac. 

At least not without angering @MB3’s wife. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s 2022, you can’t just call a guy Black Mac. 

At least not without angering @MB3’s wife. 

There is a field for bad jokes. Like “mb3’s was never angering at me” but I will not do it. He is great dude.

Edited by Guadana

Still not ready to give up on Big Mac. I think the coaching staff have alluded to the fact he is playing injured. If you are not 100% comfortable it impedes your concentration. 

He can be incredible when he is on. He just needs to find that consistency. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Still not ready to give up on Big Mac. I think the coaching staff have alluded to the fact he is playing injured. If you are not 100% comfortable it impedes your concentration. 

He can be incredible when he is on. He just needs to find that consistency. 

I agree. Too young and inexperienced and in too sh!tty a situation to evaluate. Remember, this is a guy who was in the ECHL not long ago. 

Edited by mfitz804

59 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe by handing him a ball, they were suggesting a career change to a different sport. 

Why not basketball?  He’s quite familiar with rebounds.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree. Too young and inexperienced and in too sh!tty a situation to evaluate. Remember, this is a guy who was in the ECHL not long ago. 

Eh, that’s been 4 years ago now. And it was only a cup of coffee (5 games). He played 36 games in the AHL the year before (2016-17). He’s 25 years old at this point, and has been in the system for a lot longer than some may realize.

But I get it, context (age, teammates, coaching, etc) actually matter when it’s a goalie. ;)

I don’t want to give up on Blackwood yet either but he’s gotta develop some consistency. He’s frustrating as hell at times, but he’s been thrown to the wolves a lot in his short career and his veteran 1B is gone once again. Would have been nice to have him behind a non-injured Schneider for a couple of years and ease him into the NHL but oh well.