The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Made me smile anyway, but that is some stupid sh!t right there. 

The only two things I saw of the whole night was Zegras and Jack's clips.  I found Zegras skill level off the charts and amazing even though I assume he could see through the blindfold and I could watch that all day.  I found Jack's to be cute (I guess) yet stupid sh!t at the same time.  It had nothing to do with his level of skill. I don't get it. Guess that's why I gave up watching this stuff years ago.

Edited by titans04

It feels so wrong to say this but Claude Giroux made both the Metro games fun.

He was trying all sorts of sh!t whenever he had the chance and looked like he was enjoying himself. Which is what this is all about. 

McDavid looked perpetually embarrassed by the whole thing. Probably not what the NHL wanted from their star player. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

It feels so wrong to say this but Claude Giroux made both the Metro games fun.

He was trying all sorts of sh!t whenever he had the chance and looked like he was enjoying himself. Which is what this is all about. 

McDavid looked perpetually embarrassed by the whole thing. Probably not what the NHL wanted from their star player. 

McDavid being a sourpuss about something? Color me SHOCKED

• Like 1

It sure seems like none of the players really want to be there, the entire weekend was nothing but awkward with some of these interviews. I noticed a lot of that from last night when they were doing the skills comp. And even with Giroux when they named him MVP. The broad called him back over to more or less state that ovi was supposed to be the captain of his team( that’s nice to remind him he was only the C because ovechkin wasn’t available) and did he have anything to say to him at home. LMAO, i mean are you fvcking kidding with that. Giroux goes UM…. No, i guess feel better soon… like wtf. Are these players forced into going to this thing if they’re selected? If they are, Ovi probably isn’t even sick and probably used someone else’s positive test to get out of it 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

Yep, I know who the source is, but as Zacha is such a polarizing player, I thought it was worth sharing. Anyone take a 1st for him?

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Alot-of-Interest-in-Devils-Pavel-Zacha-e4-What-Teams/1/115956

It’s really hard to trade NJ/rags and they have enough left wingers. But if they want Zacha as a center…

11 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

“I play in the league and they paid me enough to make the life of my entire family for generations, but FO I don’t like to play on the All Star game”. 
Someone maybe have talents, but it will never makes them good or/and interesting people. He should ask 2Elias6 where Ovechkin got positive test, it would only be better for everyone.

32 minutes ago, Guadana said:

“I play in the league and they paid me enough to make the life of my entire family for generations, but FO I don’t like to play on the All Star game”. 
Someone maybe have talents, but it will never makes them good or/and interesting people. He should ask 2Elias6 where Ovechkin got positive test, it would only be better for everyone.

The only thing that must be hard is that he is in Edmonton, they have had to work hard to get their season back on track to achieve their ultimate aim of a Stanley Cup, and then suddenly you are dicking around with Peter LaFleur. 

But part of being the league's best is realising you represent the whole league. So a little bit of effort wouldn't go amiss. 

I think the attitude is changing in hockey. The young guys are much more aware and seem to enjoy the engagement more. 

2 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

if you were to build the perfecr 3 vs 3 hockey player, you would get jack hughes

nico and mcdavid should be the face for ads of the NHL. hey kids! F U!!! ...F all of you

like i said zacha will be seen as a good top 6 player. edmonton??

What return will be the issue. How much do you think anyone will give up for him? 

16 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

a mid/low first is what will be required. or no deal

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I love Pavel Zacha but jesus christ nobody on planet earth is giving up a mid-late first for him. 

Have to agree, at best he is one of those 2nd plus a late round deals. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/devils-general-manager-tom-fitzgerald-chats-trade-deadline-jesper-bratt-son-casey-in-nhl/c-330503784

In Summary: 

Will make moves if he can, will be aiming for moves that help now and also in the long term 

Thinks Jacks terrible first year has helped him in the long run 

Surprised at how good Mercer had been. Especially production

Thinks Seigenthaler has been out most consistent D man. Also happy with Graves who had produced more offence than expected. 

Thinks Bratts game had got even better, especially his skating and control. 

Didn't read the personal stuff. Something about his favourite hockey player from Massachusetts. Mark Wahlburg I believe he said. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I would still argue even in a down year, Pavel Zacha is worth more to the Devils than a 2nd rounder who might see the big club in 4 years. 

I’m not sure if this is a “down year” rather than last year being an “up year”, but otherwise I agree.