The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

16 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That was at his number retirement when we saw each other. I was gonna come down and say hi but I was having a hell of a panic attack that night haha. There are times crowds just mess me up 

Was it?  I was by myself that night...bought a single ticket.  No way I was gonna miss that one.  I missed Stevens and Elias (I didn't have the cash for Stevens off the secondary market at that time, and for Elias I had already booked a cruise with the family).

Marty's ceremony was SO top-notch...as was Patrik's.  Not that the others were bad, just that you could really see the evolution as each one unfolded.  

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Was it?  I was by myself that night...bought a single ticket.  No way I was gonna miss that one.  I missed Stevens and Elias (I didn't have the cash for Stevens off the secondary market at that time, and for Elias I had already booked a cruise with the family).

Marty's ceremony was SO top-notch...as was Patrik's.  Not that the others were bad, just that you could really see the evolution as each one unfolded.  

I missed Dano and Stevens and I made sure to make the rest. The Elias one was fun because we got last minute tickets down low so we could see some of the details.  Yeah they’ve really gotten good at those. Hopefully we see another one in about 20 years! 

• Like 2

Blackwood can fvck off if he isn’t happy here. Dude landed on my sh!t list with his vaccination garbage, and he’s kept himself there with his play, and his failure to realize he’s the problem a lot of the time. A little self awareness would help this dude a lot. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah that’s not something I like hearing. 

Me neither- but he’s also a fvcking tool. So if he has a problem, the problem lies with him. If he’s mad the Devils wanted him to get vaccinated, well boo fvcking hoo you crybaby. Stop a puck for once fvckface. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Me neither- but he’s also a fvcking tool. So if he has a problem, the problem lies with him. If he’s mad the Devils wanted him to get vaccinated, well boo fvcking hoo you crybaby. Stop a puck for once fvckface. 

I mean I don’t take the whole “pro-vax, everyone else sucks” view that a lot of you guys do (despite having been Vaxxed before most of you). And certainly there could have been a differing of opinions regarding the injury, we just saw Jack Eichel traded for that very reason (among others I’m sure). 

But I don’t think you come back from a guy being upset like that, if that’s the case, maybe time to move him. 

Although, as was pointed out, his value is also super low, and maybe you get him back playing and see what you’ve got before you do anything. 

• Like 2

My reasons for disliking Blackwood are his lack of taking responsibility for any of the many times he’s sh!t the bed in goal. His rebound control, his face, his attitude, the undeserved reputation of a good goalie…I can go on and on.

I would personally love to see him shipped out. Only because I’d rather win and lose with players that respectfully represent our club. I’d rather lose a hundred straight games with Gillies looking for the puck after every goal then see Blackwood continue contributing his sh!tty attitude to the team’s atmosphere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Good to know it's not all Mackenzies who want nothing to do with tiny needles 

Holy fvcking sh!t!  You literally just hit a grand slam, scored a hit trick, scored a TD from your own end zone, and managed 60 points in the NBA.  Goddamn that was funny!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Holy fvcking sh!t!  You literally just hit a grand slam, scored a hit trick, scored a TD from your own end zone, and managed 60 points in the NBA.  Goddamn that was funny!!

No amount of Gatorade will heal those wounds. 

774ECE40-246F-43DF-A463-B424032F049E.gif

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

And THAT was the line that can’t be crossed??

What other line do you want? Banning for trolling, name calling?  Gets pretty iffy for some of you...

I have warned not even 2 weeks ago about the sexual content, did you forget already?

2 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

What other line do you want? Banning for trolling, name calling?  Gets pretty iffy for some of you...

I have warned not even 2 weeks ago about the sexual content, did you forget already?

I forget nothing. It just seemed pretty PG13 in terms of some of the other comments made here.

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Then report them, just like the ones that reported the comments this morning. Don't be the victim.

It doesn’t bother me so I wouldn’t. Whomever reported that joke has a mighty thin skin. Or other motivations. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

lmao those posts got reported?!?!? any way to pull back my venmo to you that you accepted and use it towards buying whoever reported it a tampon? 

should i censor the word tampon?

I mean between the two of us, we’ve done WAY worse than that…