The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

Hopefully next season is the one where Sharangovich gets it going before 40 games in:

2020-21:  First 40 GP  9 G  8 A  17 Pts

Next 14 GP:  7 G  6 A  13 Pts

2021-22:  First 40 GP  8 G  9 A  17 Pts

Next 20 GP:  8 G  11 A  19 Pts

• Like 2

Couple of years ago I sat in the same row as him. He would go off like that on the littlest things.  At least it was game related.  😎 (Some times I thought he was going to have a stroke his face turned red and he wouldn't stop.)

2 minutes ago, Rock said:

Couple of years ago I sat in the same row as him. He would go off like that on the littlest things.  At least it was game related.  😎 (Some times I thought he was going to have a stroke his face turned red and he wouldn't stop.)

He MIGHT have an issue or two. Seems a little short-tempered. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He MIGHT have an issue or two. Seems a little short-tempered. 

Honestly, to me it seems more like fake out rage because he was shooting a video clip. But if he is like that at the games, maybe not.

• Like 1

Tend to agree with the absentee owner part.   They made it crystal clear hockey is not their priority, otherwise we'd have new coaches (instead of just going cheap and getting ruff).  Even if he only got rid of the Power(less) play coach, it would've shown he cares.

It's all basketball, and promoting their political agendas for them.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Kinda crazy to me that nobody here knows who Frank the Tank is! Pretty big barstool personality. 

I don’t follow that kind of stuff. I only know who you are.

That said, the fact that he is a “personality” kind of confirms my original feeling that he was acting because he was making a video. Whether or not the things he said are accurate, I think he was delivering it in a certain way that makes it seem fake.

Edited by mfitz804

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

“No nice workers” has definitely not been my experience. Granted - I’ve only been to a couple games at the Rock, but how nice and friendly all the workers were was one of the main things that I really noticed. 

It’s like anywhere, some are, some aren’t. In my experience most are. 

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

“No nice workers” has definitely not been my experience. Granted - I’ve only been to a couple games at the Rock, but how nice and friendly all the workers were was one of the main things that I really noticed. 

Yeah I’ve honestly never had an issue with any of the workers at the Rock. Night and day from the miserable fvcks who worked at the Meadowlands.

Edited by MadDog2020

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I’ve honestly never had an issue with any of the workers at the Rock. Night and day from the miserable fvcks who worked at the Meadowlands.

Would gladly take that type at prudential if it meant the on ice product would have the same success of the teams that skated on the ice at the meadowlands.

Frank the Tank got famous for him ranting to the local news when NJ Transit were having major issues at Penn Station.  He was upset because he couldn't get to the Mets Opening Day game and since then his schtick has been doing these types of rants for barstool.

I think he is a little off-base about the workers not being nice.  By and large they have fine and nice.  However, he is spot on about the concessions (or lack thereof as well as the quality) and the absentee owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Frank the Tank got famous for him ranting to the local news when NJ Transit were having major issues at Penn Station.  He was upset because he couldn't get to the Mets Opening Day game and since then his schtick has been doing these types of rants for barstool.

I think he is a little off-base about the workers not being nice.  By and large they have fine and nice.  However, he is spot on about the concessions (or lack thereof as well as the quality) and the absentee owners.

I think this is the offseason where we find out once and for all about both the owners and Fitz.

They did a nice job to wrap up Nico and Jack to reasonable money for a long term.  Fitz went out and signed a guy we never thought would come here in Hamilton.  I feel about as sure as I can that they'll lock up Bratt for at least 6 years.

But now it's about does Fitz finally do away with this coaching staff...and I mean ALL of them?  If Dineen is Fitz's guy, OK...but don't fvcking saddle him with Recchi and/or nASS.  Those two had their shot...get them the fvck outta here already.  We know with goalies it can be tricky (they're like bullpen pitches, can be very year-to-year), but if Fitz is as down as Mac as he seems to be, then move him.  Next year can't be kneecapped by yet more substandard goalie play...if Fitz makes moves to improve that position and it doesn't work out, that will suck, but at least he would've TRIED, and that's all that I'm asking.   

• Like 3