The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If they did, they would be banking on us being in the lottery next year. 

Which would mean we were possibly in position to draft a guy that is supposed to be the next big thing. I don’t like that idea. 

• Like 1

I’d think Blackwood plus a pick or mid prospect could get you something that’s along the lines of Blackwood pre-injury. Unproven but with potential. Until covid and then the heel injury that’s how he was perceived. He was even being considered a possible Olympic candidate. I’m not sure he’s fallen quite as far as people think in the minds of people around the league. 

18 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’d think Blackwood plus a pick or mid prospect could get you something that’s along the lines of Blackwood pre-injury. Unproven but with potential. Until covid and then the heel injury that’s how he was perceived. He was even being considered a possible Olympic candidate. I’m not sure he’s fallen quite as far as people think in the minds of people around the league. 

Probably true. Not sure who that guy is. 

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Blackwood, Smith, 2022 1st for Knight. Florida should consider given Bob is next contract for many more years.

Two problems and a 1st for a stud goalie prospect? Doubt they would take it. I would do that in a second. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Two problems and a 1st for a stud goalie prospect? Doubt they would take it. I would do that in a second. 

What are they keeping Knight for? He won’t see starting minutes for years. Take a capable backup in Blackwood and a chance on turning Smith around plus a high first round pick. 

16 minutes ago, devlman said:

Blackwood, Smith, 2022 1st for Knight. Florida should consider given Bob is under contract for many more years.

Florida would laugh and hang up, and rightfully so. Bob being under contract is irrelevant. They’ll just buy him out or trade him when Knight is ready to be the full-time starter. 

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

What are they keeping Knight for? He won’t see starting minutes for years. Take a capable backup in Blackwood and a chance on turning Smith around plus a high first round pick. 

They drafted him in the first round. They fully intend on him being their goalie of the future. 

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Florida would laugh and hang up, and rightfully so. Bob being under contract is irrelevant. They’ll just buy him out or trade him when Knight is ready to be the full-time starter. 

Has Smith’s stock fallen so low? He was an A-level prospect very recently. Blackwood a contender for Team Canada. And a high first rounder doesn’t even get them to listen? Knight is an unproven goalie. Goalie prospects flame out time and time again. He’s not Jacques Plante.

• Like 1

Just now, devlman said:

Has Smith’s stock fallen so low? He was an A-level prospect very recently. Blackwood a contender for Team Canada. And a high first rounder doesn’t even get them to listen? Knight is an unproven goalie. Goalie prospects flame out time and time again. He’s not Jacques Plante.

Smith has been terrible this year, and Blackwood was trash as well. Their values are as low as they’ll ever be. Knight’s value, on the other hand, is incredibly high. He’s unproven, but he’s immensely talented, young, and the scouting community saw him as the best goalie prospect since Vasilevsky. He’s already shown promise in the time he’s had in the NHL. And while our 1st will be high, this draft is not considered strong at all, so a high 1st doesn’t have the same value it normally would. It would take a lot more. 

28 minutes ago, devlman said:

They’re keeping in for the next 10 years.

You’re talking about two guys at their lowest possible trade value. Even if they were inclined to trade him, which I do not believe they are, it’s certainly not gonna be two guys like that.

I would expect they would be looking for a guy like Mercer to be in that deal.

• Like 1

If I was Florida I wouldn’t trade Knight for the simple fact that they don’t really need to. They’re already a favorite to win the Cup right now. They really aren’t “a piece or two away” or anything. And if Bob goes down to injury they would probably still feel pretty good about their chances even with Knight in net. He’s likely already good enough to at least not sink them if he had to play significant time during a playoff run. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Screenshot_20220406-201105_Samsung Internet.jpg

11- Moritz Seider’s brother, Felaszlypin. 

56 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If I was Florida I wouldn’t trade Knight for the simple fact that they don’t really need to. They’re already a favorite to win the Cup right now. They really aren’t “a piece or two away” or anything. And if Bob goes down to injury they would probably still feel pretty good about their chances even with Knight in net. He’s likely already good enough to at least not sink them if he had to play significant time during a playoff run. 

Wait, you think Blackwood and Ty fvcking Smith aren’t their missing pieces??

23 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Very true too.  I mean just watching the replay anyone with half a brain could see it was either a shoulder or collarbone injury without being too specific.

Ok, for the record, let's review what I posted in October.

I reported IMMEDIATELY after the injury that my contact inside was advising me that it was indeed a serious injury (true), that he was in a sling (also true), and that the fear in the immediate aftermath was broken collarbone/separated shoulder (also true).

I then took a lot of unwarranted crap, with some going so far as to suggest that I was making it all up, and that he wasn't in fact even seriously hurt.

Now as I said then, I was posting as a public service.  It's not like I jump on here all the time, and that I'm a sh!t-stirrer who felt like telling a lie for purposes of cheap attention from a hockey BB board.

Truth is, I got a text at 6 am the next morning confirming the MRI, the dislocated shoulder, and the estimated timetable for return.  But after all the garbage spewed my way I said F it, I'm not posting and the board can just wait to find out.

Again, what I've posted about Blackwood and Zacha is absolutely what I've been told.  They were indeed trying very hard to ship PZ to VAN but they could not make the pieces fit.

Whether they are able to move either this summer will obviously bear itself out, but that is absolutely what they will try aggressively to do.  There is so much more insane, stupid BS to the Blackwood story that hasn't even come close to the light of day. 

As said above, take it FWIW. Doesn't matter to me if you believe me or think I'm a fraud.

Edited by smelly
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, smelly said:

I reported IMMEDIATELY after the injury that my contact inside was advising me that it was indeed a serious injury (true), that he was in a sling (also true), and that the fear in the immediate aftermath was broken collarbone/separated shoulder (also true).

I then took a lot of unwarranted crap, with some going so far as to suggest that I was making it all up, and that he wasn't in fact even seriously hurt.

Now as I said then, I was posting as a public service.  It's not like I jump on here all the time, and that I'm a sh!t-stirrer who felt like telling a lie for purposes of cheap attention from a hockey BB board.

Truth is, I got a text at 6 am the next morning confirming the MRI, the dislocated shoulder, and the estimated timetable for return.  But after all the garbage spewed my way I said F it, I'm not posting and the board can just wait to find out.

Again, what I've posted about Blackwood and Zacha is absolutely what I've been told.  They were indeed trying very hard to ship PZ to VAN but they could not make the pieces fit.

Whether they are able to move either this summer will obviously bear itself out, but that is absolutely what they will try aggressively to do.  There is so much more insane, stupid BS to the Blackwood story that hasn't even come close to the light of day. 

As said above, take it FWIW. Doesn't matter to me if you believe me or think I'm a fraud.

I don't know why you are attacking me here.  I wasn't one who attacked you back in October nor was I one attacking you here (in fact, I defended you a little bit).

Not sure why you are directing your ire at me, but alrighty.

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I don't know why you are attacking me here.  I wasn't one who attacked you back in October nor was I one attacking you here (in fact, I defended you a little bit).

Not sure why you are directing your ire at me, but alrighty.

Not sure how you see that as an attack, let alone one on you.

But since you apparently did, I apologize.  That was not my intention. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, smelly said:

I, for one, appreciate your info smelly. Thank you. 

7 hours ago, smelly said:

I'd like hear more about the Blackwood story.

• Like 1