The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

I think that Dineen is one option Fitz plan to use as a future HC. I think they will see how playoff will goin. May be they will move him up as assistant and give him some time to make smooth transition.

btw I’m not a huge fan and I’m not against it. Utica have their own problems. But it’s not a big red flag. I just don’t think if Devils will have much better obvious options, they should close their eyes on it. 
anyway - some players made huge step forward as ahl players and a couple of them are looking much better as potential NHLers after some time with Dineen. It’s a good sign. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Guadana said:

I think that Dineen is one option Fitz plan to use as a future HC. I think they will see how playoff will goin. May be they will move him up as assistant and give him some time to make smooth transition.

btw I’m not a huge fan and I’m not against it. Utica have their own problems. But it’s not a big red flag. I just don’t think if Devils will have much better obvious options, they should close their eyes on it. 
anyway - some players made huge step forward as ahl players and a couple of them are looking much better as potential NHLers after some time with Dineen. It’s a good sign. 

I'm not opposed to Dineen, but if the writing is on the wall for Ruff and company I dislike this halfway stuff. Send them packing and let Dineen take the helm. Too many cooks in the kitchen and we know the ones that are there are sh!tty-- Just kick their asses to the unemployment line and let Dineen do his job with the people he picks instead of handcuffing(is this a word?) him with Ruff or one of the other two losers. It's also got to be awkward for Ruff to know he's just running out the clock and his replacement is right there.

Ruff would have likely done a lot better had he not been stuck with the knuckleheads and I feel like this will be Dallas 2.0 for him where he is solely taking the fall, which he is undeserving.

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I see a lot of people on this board talking about Dineen like it’s a foregone conclusion that he is the next coach. Is that based on something other than pure speculation? If so I missed it. 

Pretty sure it is just speculation and it ramped up when people saw how good Utica was doing. I certainly haven't heard anything concrete.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I see a lot of people on this board talking about Dineen like it’s a foregone conclusion that he is the next coach. Is that based on something other than pure speculation? If so I missed it. 

Definitely not a foregone conclusion, but assuming that this current staff will be gone, and if we're also assuming the Devils don't necessarily want to spend big on a HC...Dineen could be cost-effective, and he's already familiar with some of the kids.  At the very least, I'd say he's a candidate.

I still think he's the next HC this offseason, but not like I haven't been wrong before.  I also thought there was absolutely no way the Devils would fall off a cliff again after a solid start.  D'OH!

54 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Pretty sure it is just speculation and it ramped up when people saw how good Utica was doing. I certainly haven't heard anything concrete.

That’s what I thought, but so many keep repeating it like it’s a foregone conclusion. 

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Definitely not a foregone conclusion, but assuming that this current staff will be gone, and if we're also assuming the Devils don't necessarily want to spend big on a HC...Dineen could be cost-effective, and he's already familiar with some of the kids.  At the very least, I'd say he's a candidate.

I still think he's the next HC this offseason, but not like I haven't been wrong before.  I also thought there was absolutely no way the Devils would fall off a cliff again after a solid start.  D'OH!

I guess it makes sense, except for the “not wanting to spend on a coach” part. This present experiment should encourage them otherwise. 

21 minutes ago, devlman said:

A great and only reason to watch the last two games

You can’t not watch the great Mason Geertsen try for his first NHL point…

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s what I thought, but so many keep repeating it like it’s a foregone conclusion. 

I guess it makes sense, except for the “not wanting to spend on a coach” part. This present experiment should encourage them otherwise. 

You can’t not watch the great Mason Geertsen try for his first NHL point…

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing them go after a pricier name, especially since some of the young fruit has ripened.  I just don't feel like they will...if that's the case, Dineen makes some sense.  Fitz has to nail his next hire (and next series of player moves), or he's not long for this job.  

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

That was my thoughts from day one when they did hire Dineen. And like I said, I watching AHL and I'm not the man who sold on him.

But do we have other options?

About ruff and his replacement from your previous massage - I'm not telling about how I want to things going. I'm telling about how I think the things will going.