Jump to content

The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread


mfitz804
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, devlman said:

I guess the 12:20pm abortion debate is off the table then?

It’s scheduled right after the Black Lives Matter dissertation and the gender fluidity sensitivity seminar. Go Devils. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

The effect on the site is obvious, the season starts in a few days and all anyone wants to talk about is Covid. 

If our starting goalie wasn't in the news for Covid it wouldn't be talked about and people would be talking about the season a lot more. 

Personally my excitement for this season is at an all time low because of how the front office has handled the arena. I won't be at games for quite some time. I think attendance is going to suffer, there's a lot of tickets available for the home opener. I know a lot of season ticket holders who sit around me who opted out for the season entirely and others who got full refunds. I saw my section during the pre-season games and nobody was in my area at all. The front office really better hope this team doesn't sh!t the bed out of the gate. 

I would like nothing more to get back to actually normality but we simply aren't there yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

If our starting goalie wasn't in the news for Covid it wouldn't be talked about and people would be talking about the season a lot more. 

Personally my excitement for this season is at an all time low because of how the front office has handled the arena. I won't be at games for quite some time. I think attendance is going to suffer, there's a lot of tickets available for the home opener. I know a lot of season ticket holders who sit around me who opted out for the season entirely and others who got full refunds. I saw my section during the pre-season games and nobody was in my area at all. The front office really better hope this team doesn't sh!t the bed out of the gate. 

I would like nothing more to get back to actually normality but we simply aren't there yet.

Really, nobody knew how you felt about that lol. 

I kid, of course, that’s like an actual relevant conversation, not who is a fvcktard or who is stupid for not getting vaccinated. 

If it stayed with that, nobody would have cared. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Really, nobody knew how you felt about that lol. 

I kid, of course, that’s like an actual relevant conversation, not who is a fvcktard or who is stupid for not getting vaccinated. 

If it stayed with that, nobody would have cared. 

If, of course you weren’t asked to stop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Really, nobody knew how you felt about that lol. 

I kid, of course, that’s like an actual relevant conversation, not who is a fvcktard or who is stupid for not getting vaccinated. 

If it stayed with that, nobody would have cared. 

Honestly couldn't remember if I posted here about the team giving people options for the season because that just happened recently. They have been quite shady and sh!tty about it too, only offering it to some people but not outright offering it to everyone so you basically have to push for it if that's what you want. 

I really don't get why our team acts like there's some high demand for people shelling out money for 44 home games for a team that's made the playoffs 1x since 2012 and a team that has always had attendance issues. Instead of saying hey we know this situation sucks here's your options they have to hide it and make it difficult for everyone. 

They are also not holding the seats for people who opt out, you can carry your money over and keep your tenure but there's no guarantee the seats will be saved. This is the stuff I don't get with them, why not build more loyalty by realizing this is a year with a sh!tty situation for some and just say hey we know you've been a season ticket holder for x amount of years and we value your loyalty for keeping your money with us, we will keep your seats and see you next season. Instead I now know several long term season ticket holders who are completely done spending money on this team. 

Our front office on the ticket/arena side is run by absolute fools. That's my last rant on this one for awhile. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

And they can’t just stick to the actual news, which would be fine, they need to interject their opinion into it, over and over. 

We get it, you think everyone should be vaccinated. @SterioDesignis 100% right, you want to criticize him for bringing up Lou all the time, or me for talking about Jack’s lack of scoring, but you’re literally doing the same thing. 

I don’t know about everyone else, but I know all about COVID vaccinations and I’m tired of hearing people’s opinions about them. This place should be an escape from that rhetoric. 

Wait, I thought he was getting it within 24 hours??

I called BS.. And it was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Honestly couldn't remember if I posted here about the team giving people options for the season because that just happened recently. They have been quite shady and sh!tty about it too, only offering it to some people but not outright offering it to everyone so you basically have to push for it if that's what you want. 

I really don't get why our team acts like there's some high demand for people shelling out money for 44 home games for a team that's made the playoffs 1x since 2012 and a team that has always had attendance issues. Instead of saying hey we know this situation sucks here's your options they have to hide it and make it difficult for everyone. 

They are also not holding the seats for people who opt out, you can carry your money over and keep your tenure but there's no guarantee the seats will be saved. This is the stuff I don't get with them, why not build more loyalty by realizing this is a year with a sh!tty situation for some and just say hey we know you've been a season ticket holder for x amount of years and we value your loyalty for keeping your money with us, we will keep your seats and see you next season. Instead I now know several long term season ticket holders who are completely done spending money on this team. 

Our front office on the ticket/arena side is run by absolute fools. That's my last rant on this one for awhile. 

I let our rep know that we wouldn't be attending any games this year - got the standard canned response which I expected but... still.

Now granted my Dad and I only ever bought the flex plans, no more than 10 games a year.  Small player in the grand scheme so I'm sure our concerns didn't make it very far.

So between Comcast dropping MSG and the arena situation being what it is - my intake of Devils games this year might be limited :lol:

Pray that our lord and savior Widdy posts YT streams on /r/Devils I guess.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

DM I feel you, but like... Blackwood's status is a major variable this year.  I feel like we can discuss its potential impact here without casting judgement and having it spiral into another pissing contest.

My stance here is clear, but I can discuss the logistics surrounding his status without blowing a gasket.  I would hope others can behave the same way..

Why do I feel like the injury bug is going to derail a potentially good start to the season here..

There's a big difference between hope and actuality.  A small board like this is really the only chance to potentially have a civil discussion (it sure as sh!t ain't happening on HF or the comments section of Twitter/Facebook) in theory, but...it just ain't happening dude, especially with this hitting home so to speak with Blackwood putting himself and this team in the epicenter of it here.  

Especially considering this causes arguments over things that really shouldn't have any nuance to them.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s scheduled right after the Black Lives Matter dissertation and the gender fluidity sensitivity seminar. Go Devils. 

This is the first post I read after running a half marathon this morning that absolutely destroyed me, and i can’t decide if I wanna go back for further context….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Again, KEEP YOUR DISCUSSION CIVIL. His mother is the leader of Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Centre so hopefully this means some enlightenment has happened.

 

Probably wants to get a feel for game action again coming off the injury, get a groove, get his shot, see how the first dose affects him, keep playing, then time the second in case he has adverse reactions which many people have reported.

 

EDIT: by adverse, I mean the usual side effects headaches, fatigue, etc.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

This is the first post I read after running a half marathon this morning that absolutely destroyed me, and i can’t decide if I wanna go back for further context….

I wouldn’t. Nice job on the 1/2 marathon though, someone woke up motivated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn’t. Nice job on the 1/2 marathon though, someone woke up motivated!

Oh hell no I didn’t, it was #4 on the year and hands down the worst. Ended up walking parts, which I never do, was quite irritated at myself especially since I cramped badly and staggered across the finish. The crazy sh!t was I still somehow placed in my age bracket. I felt like Lias Anderson and wanted to chuck the medal into the bay cause I feel like didn’t deserve it 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Again, KEEP YOUR DISCUSSION CIVIL. His mother is the leader of Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Centre so hopefully this means some enlightenment has happened.

 

Great to see potential progress being* made.

Hope things continue to trend in the right direction here.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wish I was from a place with a cool name like Thunder Bay. 

Cool is right. The place is fvcking arctic cold in the winter. And literally a days drive from civilization of any realistic definition. But hey, it has lots of amethyst there if rocks are your thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Another possible injury... 

 

This is about the only way Colton White cracks the lineup…

Just now, Rob_Ottawa said:

Cool is right. The place is fvcking arctic cold in the winter. And literally a days drive from civilization of any realistic definition. But hey, it has lots of amethyst there if rocks are your thing.

That sounds perfect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.