The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah, I'm done with this guy, hope we have another prospect in the system who can take the #1 job sooner rather than later... 

Amanda "but you are kinda leaning towards?(getting the shot)" 

Blackwood "unfortunately, yes" and then laughs

Tell us more about how you feel about this subject please.

Few quick questions. Are you a season ticket holder?

Just curious. How do you feel about the front office and their management lately?

Also how do you feel about the ignore feature on this forum? is it working good for you? 

How do you feel about publicities and sponsorship? you think there's a chance it gets worst when it comes to logos on jerseys ?

Im dying to know all these things man. Really wish you'd open more about your feelings and expectations on here

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

What's the joke here? 

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah, I'm done with this guy, hope we have another prospect in the system who can take the #1 job sooner rather than later... 

All I care about is the on ice product. I couldn't care less about what Mac's feels are about anything, if he thinks the earth is flat, or if he thinks it's Taylor ham and not Pork roll. If he gets the shot then the whole thing is over. He can play, and that's where my interest ends in the subject. 

Honest question, I'm not trying to poke the bear or anything-- why does it matter to you that he is getting it only because he has to? This was always a possibility whether he caved on day one or day 100.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Unless it's part of the Devils' plan to more or less force his hand into doing the right thing here, they've got to stop putting him in front of a mic. Clearly not the most outspoken or well-spoken guy. 

Though if Lou was still running this team I could totally see him orchestrating that. Maybe Fitz is doing the same thing.

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Vesey signs for one year, $800k

To be honest, he really didn't come across well in that documentary about the Leafs. Granted he got all of about 10 minutes of screen time in one episode, and the editing team could paint any sort of narrative they wanted to with the footage.

As long as he understands his role here...

25 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

or if he thinks it's Taylor ham and not Pork roll. 

Speak for yourself, that sh!t is inexcusable. We should get a new #1 goalie if he believes that. 

• Haha 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

If he doesn’t he’ll be shown the door, quickly. He’s a PTO guy, I think he knows the score here.

I don’t think that’s even a concern, he barely found a job and signed for almost the league minimum. I doubt he thinks he is playing first line minutes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think that’s even a concern, he barely found a job and signed for almost the league minimum. I doubt he thinks he is playing first line minutes. 

Plus he’s also been on like 4 teams since the Rags. He should be happy just to stick on an NHL roster. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Plus he’s also been on like 4 teams since the Rags. He should be happy just to stick on an NHL roster. 

He should be happy that someone gave him a contract, even if he doesn’t stick. He was almost out of hockey completely. Hopefully that is motivation for him and when he does play, he plays his face off hoping to get a deal for next year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Implication made by the coverage of the leafs was that he wasn't happy when he was "demoted" to the third and fourth lines on the Leafs. Thinks of himself as a scorer, not depth guy.

To your point though, he's got to realize this is really it. Can't be terribly picky at this point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Vessey is on a 1 way contract, correct?  So hes going to displace somebody  but its only 800,000 so can he be sent to beautiful utica

Yeah one-way deal.  Funny, for some reason I didn’t think that he’d be signed.  

23 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Implication made by the coverage of the leafs was that he wasn't happy when he was "demoted" to the third and fourth lines on the Leafs. Thinks of himself as a scorer, not depth guy.

To your point though, he's got to realize this is really it. Can't be terribly picky at this point.

I believe I recall both him and the staff, or maybe it was on the game broadcast, that he's working on his play in his own zone, becoming more responsible, and looking for that type of role. He looked good in pre-season and he did well on the PK. If he can keep that rolling he and Zacha will be great at giving the other team pause when they're up a man. It would be awesome, and to our benefit, if he could re-invent himself. He always had a scoring touch, but his game in his own zone has always been vomit. 

I can't speak to the documentary, I haven't seen it. Mayne he had a wakeup call having to go to a camp as a PTO. 

14 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Vessey is on a 1 way contract, correct?  So hes going to displace somebody  but its only 800,000 so can he be sent to beautiful utica

Hopefully Johnsson, but at the very least maybe someone that can fill in where needed. You wanna have some NHL experience on the bench in case guys get hurt.

I didn't see a whole lot from Vesey to get a contract, but I guess the recent rash of injuries right before the season opener forced the Devils hand and/or they figured it was nice to have a little bit more depth in case of injuries.

I still remember that one year we had Komisarek, Kaberle and Fedotenko on PTO's and none made it.  I also remember we had Stralman on a PTO only to release him, he then he signs with the Rangers and becomes one of their better defensemen.

It really is a shame that it looks like Johnsson is going to stick around. He was so successful in a very cap-strapped Toronto team, I bet if the Devils retained his salary they could fetch a 3rd back from Toronto for him. 

Ecstatic that it appears Mercer has earned himself a spot. Our center depth is absolutely bananalands... Hughes/Hischier/Mercer/Zacha, oh my. 

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Might be missing a lot of starters to start the season if they don't heal up soon...

Severson, Thompson and Bernier did practice before the rest of the team today, so they are likely close to coming back.

I am wondering about Miles Wood.  He must be on his 6th or 7th "maintenance day" by now.  Devils are likely hiding that he is more injured than they are suggesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I didn't see a whole lot from Vesey to get a contract, but I guess the recent rash of injuries right before the season opener forced the Devils hand and/or they figured it was nice to have a little bit more depth in case of injuries.

I still remember that one year we had Komisarek, Kaberle and Fedotenko on PTO's and none made it.  I also remember we had Stralman on a PTO only to release him, he then he signs with the Rangers and becomes one of their better defensemen.

Yeah well it's hard to get a spot as a 26 dman on a team with a star studded d-corp like Salvador, Zidlicky, Harrold, Fayne, Volchenkov, Greene, Larsson and Tallinder. 

Pretty frustrating cause Stralman has been solid for the rangers and Tampa big time through all the following years as we plunged into darkness after that year

Edited by SterioDesign