The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

They may hand out wristbands to those who are vaccinated.  I mean that would make the most sense.

Already the anti-vax crowd are going nuts on social media.

And then just constantly go around the arena checking for masks and wristbands? I just don’t see it happening. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Okay…. We wanted a policy. They announced one. They are requiring proof of vaccination or a mask. What else were they supposed to do? Require a picture of the needle going in your arm?

They aren't going to enforce this, it's a joke policy. They want to try to look good without pissing anyone off but this isn't it. 

Arbitrary and non-sensical.

For starters, proof of recovery from covid or a negative covid test should be as valid as the vaccine card. 

Breakthrough infections after vaccination were 13-fold more likely than reinfections in unvaccinated people, and symptomatic breakthrough infections 27-fold more likely than symptomatic reinfections, the study found.

That being said, everyone should be required to wear the mask anyway. Breakthrough cases aren't rare and it's well documented that vaccinated individuals can catch and transmit covid. This is why negative test is the only way to enter the US through air.

Realistic policy: If you're vaccinated, recently recovered or testing negative, come to the arena and wear a mask. If you're not in that cohort stay home.  

• Like 1

I don't even know how many season ticket holders we have on here but if you aren't interested in attending under these policies call your rep. They are giving options to roll over the entire season while keeping your seats or you can even take it month to month if you wish. 

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ok so how should they enforce it then?

Vaccine proof only or vaccine proof & negative tests. 

I can confirm they are not giving out wrist bands so under this current policy you can literally wear a mask in and simply take it off which is why it's an absolutely do nothing policy. 

• Like 1

Another thread hijacked by the vaccine or else crowd. I don’t see what the big deal is, honestly. If you’re not comfortable going to games then don’t go, sit home in fear and watch as time passes you by. Want the vaccine? Great, go get it. Don’t want it? Don’t get it. If the vaccine is the end all be all go get it and you shouldn’t have to worry about the unvaccinated so much. Have the vaccine still scared? Here’s an idea then you walk around prudential center wearing a mask all night. Some people are just getting to be a bit much with this. Stay home if you’re scared. It’s that simple. More tickets for the rest of us. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6
  • Thanks 1

It's never going to be perfect anyway.

Photoshoping a vaccine passport is incredibly easy to do. And breakthrough cases are becoming more and more common if you're vaccinated, especially if you've been vaccinated early as many reports showing the efficiency dropping after a few months.

So presenting a recent negative test is truly the only trustable thing.

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Another thread hijacked by the vaccine or else crowd. I don’t see what the big deal is, honestly. If you’re not comfortable going to games then don’t go, sit home in fear and watch as time passes you by. Want the vaccine? Great, go get it. Don’t want it? Don’t get it. If the vaccine is the end all be all go get it and you shouldn’t have to worry about the unvaccinated so much. Have the vaccine still scared? Here’s an idea then you walk around prudential center wearing a mask all night. Some people are just getting to be a bit much with this. Stay home if you’re scared. It’s that simple. More tickets for the rest of us. 

Why would you even post this?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Why would you even post this?

Because this is just ridiculous at this point, come on here to read about the devils and upcoming hockey season and it’s pages of vaccine discussion in the season thread. Maybe this forum doesn’t have enough moderators anymore. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Another thread hijacked by the vaccine or else crowd. I don’t see what the big deal is, honestly. If you’re not comfortable going to games then don’t go, sit home in fear and watch as time passes you by. Want the vaccine? Great, go get it. Don’t want it? Don’t get it. If the vaccine is the end all be all go get it and you shouldn’t have to worry about the unvaccinated so much. Have the vaccine still scared? Here’s an idea then you walk around prudential center wearing a mask all night. Some people are just getting to be a bit much with this. Stay home if you’re scared. It’s that simple.

The Devils updated their policy and people are talking about it. It's news literally related to attending games that affects people who go. It's not like it's just covid talk in general. 

21 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Because this is just ridiculous at this point, come on here to read about the devils and upcoming hockey season and it’s pages of vaccine discussion in the season thread. Maybe this forum doesn’t have enough moderators anymore. 

Or if they could at least create and dedicate a specific thread to this fvcking season ticket holders whine fest about policies. I come in this thread to hear about hockey, not this constant sh!t.

I come here to escape this fvcking sh!t that's been everywhere for over a year now.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I haven’t noticed any of that, personally. 

There’s pages of nonsense vaccine talk where most of us come to read and talk about devils hockey. This isn’t the vaccine thread. Or prudential center thread, I thought this was for team discussion. 

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

There’s pages of nonsense vaccine talk where most of us come to read and talk about devils hockey. This isn’t the vaccine thread. Or prudential center thread, I thought this was for team discussion. 

I don't want to speak for him. But he was being very very very very very sarcastic i think lol 

Just now, 2ELIAS6 said:

You’re right, if I wasn’t annoyed I’m sure I would’ve picked up on that. 😂

It's good that you speak up though cause i had a talk with Satans Hockey and he sees no problem about these constant talks and said that it was only bothering me, mfitz and nobody else on the board.  Eventhough DM tried to get everyone to stop countless times

5 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

We wouldn't have had pages of it if we didn't have 1 of the 5 guys in the entire league who are actually not vaccainted and him having to sit out practice  cause of unsure results. Our GM also discussing our starting goalie and the situation as well on a podcast. These things are what dragged this whole thread into that discussion to begin with cause it unfortunately does end up being Devils news. 

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't want to speak for him. But he was being very very very very very sarcastic i think lol 

Me??????? ;)