The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

I know a lot of folks were disappointed when they hired Lindy, but as time has gone on, I feel like he's a great coach to have for this young core. Very discipline oriented - and not afraid to sit players who aren't performing as we saw from Bratt's boneheaded play. Hopefully he starts holding some of the others accountable too. 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Sadly Dancing Earl passed today😔

Ugh that sucks, I knew he was sick and in the hospital but didn't know the severity of it. I said this about his medical bills the other day but I'd love to see the team help his family out with medical expenses and funeral arrangements. Don't need them to announce it publicly or anything but it would be great of the ownership and front office to cover it. They treated him like a mascot for so many years it really should be something they take care of for him/his family. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Any chance that Jim Dolan and Comcast get a deal done? Dolan must think that after Knicks absolutely sucking for decades the 5-2 start will entice starving Knicks fans to pay anything to watch the NBA. Hockey is just collateral damage. I am facing too many nights of Food Network waiting for this stalemate to get settled.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, point said:

Any chance that Jim Dolan and Comcast get a deal done? Dolan must think that after Knicks absolutely sucking for decades the 5-2 start will entice starving Knicks fans to pay anything to watch the NBA. Hockey is just collateral damage. I am facing too many nights of Food Network waiting for this stalemate to get settled.

Same here just that I watch Science channel.

14 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ugh that sucks, I knew he was sick and in the hospital but didn't know the severity of it. I said this about his medical bills the other day but I'd love to see the team help his family out with medical expenses and funeral arrangements. Don't need them to announce it publicly or anything but it would be great of the ownership and front office to cover it. They treated him like a mascot for so many years it really should be something they take care of for him/his family. 

That reminds me of a few years ago when Scott the Engineer's wife from the Howard Stern show was diagnosed with cancer.  Howard, being worth a half a billion dollars, apparently didn't help him in the slightest and Scott had to resort to a GoFundMe to help cover medical bills.  The kicker was that Howard got pissy when Scott asked about announcing the details of the GoFundMe on his show.

Every story about Howard Stern being a miser is 100% true.

Anyways, the Devils should absolutely help out with the medical bills.  Least they can do after using him as a pseudo-mascot.

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That reminds me of a few years ago when Scott the Engineer's wife from the Howard Stern show was diagnosed with cancer.  Howard, being worth a half a billion dollars, apparently didn't help him in the slightest and Scott had to resort to a GoFundMe to help cover medical bills.  The kicker was that Howard got pissy when Scott asked about announcing the details of the GoFundMe on his show.

Every story about Howard Stern being a miser is 100% true.

Anyone who has ever listened to that show should know he is a giant d!ck. 

14 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

They should have given him a decent healthcare insurance to beginn with

• Like 1