The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is the only answer. All 3 players are sh!t, and one can be sh!t in two positions. 

Heh heh well said, every now and then, in baseball, you'll see some guy signed who can technically "play" four positions.  The fact that he can't play a single one of them decently doesn't seem to matter.  

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh well said, every now and then, in baseball, you'll see some guy signed who can technically "play" four positions.  The fact that he can't play a single one of them decently doesn't seem to matter.  

But in this instance, none of the guys can play any position. So the guy who can fill in on either forward or defense is slightly more valuable than the guys who are only forwards. 

Again, it’s just a more valuable piece of sh!t which is still, at the end of the day, a piece of sh!t. 

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Anyone know if Mark Fraser is available? How about Matt Corrente? Tedenby? Bergfors?

Don’t joke, that guy is sitting there in Utica waiting the call.

49107861337_142b1fdcc6_b.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t mind another look at Tyce, but I’ve looked at Boqvist enough. 

I think Boqvist could do with just getting minutes in the AHL and working on his all round game. He has just started to get his game going and now he will be in a different situation. It's not good for development. 

Also I think the Utica coaches are better, so I would rather keep him down there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think Boqvist could do with just getting minutes in the AHL and working on his all round game. He has just started to get his game going and now he will be in a different situation. It's not good for development. 

Also I think the Utica coaches are better, so I would rather keep him down there. 

I’d rather just not watch him fail at hockey. 

Definitely in favor of the move to bring Boqvist up. I think most of us can agree he was playing his best hockey while he was tried at center toward the end of last season. Unfortunately, I don't find that McLeod is the guy for the 3rd line center spot while Hughes is injured. Maybe Boqvist can rise to the occasion and take over that role.

It'll also be important for Thompson to get some NHL experience. He is one of the guys in Utica who I really think can be a solid NHL player in the future.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

When @MB3finally finds his house, we should all chip in and have one of these made up for him. 

Nah, he'd rather have one of Kyle Palmieri.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

So obviously this could change REALLY fast. But so far Blackie is leading the pack

Blackwood .945

Hart .924

Binnington  .922

Kuemper .911

Fleury .892

Price NA

Funny how early season stats can spike up (and down) quickly...the team save% went from .900 to .911 after Mac's 42-save shutout.

Some other good news...of course it's small sample sh!t, but the Devils' PK has held the other teams' PP off the board in 23 out of the last 28 kill opportunities (82.1%).  I can sure as hell live with something in the low-80s (due to a not-great start, the overall PK% is just 76.1 so far).  

The Devils ranked 23rd on the PP and 24th on the PK, but at least both units are on the low end of the spectrum.  The Kraken's PP is "clicking" at 9.3%...the Penguins are at 10%.  The Canucks are "killing" penalties at a 62.8% rate.

And how about these not-so-special teams for the 'Yotes...63.4% PK, 9.68% PP.  That's a pretty sure way to help yourself to a 1-11-1 record. 

One the other end of the spectrum...the Oilers...holy sh!t!  44.12% PP, 88.24% PK.  That is just fvcking absurd...but so is having two guys combine for 21 goals and 29 assists through 12 games.  Kinda feels like it's time for that team to start making some serious noise...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

So obviously this could change REALLY fast. But so far Blackie is leading the pack

Blackwood .945

Hart .924

Binnington  .922

Kuemper .911

Fleury .892

Price NA

Also most have played more then he has...  hes not sustaining a .920 plus save percentage...  prob .895 - .910 when the seasons over...   bern will be closer to a .905 to .915.  

Well see though 

On 11/12/2021 at 4:56 PM, bobilly45 said:

Also most have played more then he has...  hes not sustaining a .920 plus save percentage...  prob .895 - .910 when the seasons over...   bern will be closer to a .905 to .915.  

Well see though 

Not sure why you have Blackwood in that range.  He’s at .912 for his career. Doubt that he’s going he’s going to be under .900, if he stays healthy.

I think a fair over/under for them as a tandem is .915.