Jump to content

The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread


mfitz804
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, nessus said:

Pretty crazy how Bratt is tied for the team lead in points (11 in 14 games), when it seems like hardly a week ago he was in Sharangovich territory. 
 

He is tied for the lead with Mercer, Zacha, and Johnsson. 

That's why those who said they were not worried were not worried, I suppose. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nessus said:

Pretty crazy how Bratt is tied for the team lead in points (11 in 14 games), when it seems like hardly a week ago he was in Sharangovich territory. 
 

He is tied for the lead with Mercer, Zacha, and Johnsson. 

The question with Bratt is will he vanish for a while?  He’s had productive stretches before, and then disappeared.

He does seem to have found some nice chemistry with Mercer and Johnsson though.  Hopefully that can last.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The question with Bratt is will he vanish for a while?  He’s had productive stretches before, and then disappeared.

He does seem to have found some nice chemistry with Mercer and Johnsson though.  Hopefully that can last.  

These kinds of things usually go on cold streaks even when we are talking about really good players. NJ has to ride the hot streak as long as they can, especially while jack is out, but when it does dry up someone one is going to have to step up. God knows the special teams aren't doing this team any favors and without(mostly) the Mercer line NJ's record would be pretty depressing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

These kinds of things usually go on cold streaks even when we are talking about really good players. NJ has to ride the hot streak as long as they can, especially while jack is out, but when it does dry up someone one is going to have to step up. God knows the special teams aren't doing this team any favors and without(mostly) the Mercer line NJ's record would be pretty depressing.

Sure, most players go through hot and cold spells, but Bratt's tend to be very pronounced (especially the cold spells).

That being said, the guy's been better of late than I realized (when I lost my sh!t after that one game)...over his last 80 GP, he's scored 19 goals and added 38 assists...if he can keep that up (and it looks like he very well might with the way his line is playing), I will happily take that from him...if anything, I expect that his goal-scoring will go up.

On a side note, what's funny is that some of the kids have made progress, but due to the on-ice results, we haven't fully noticed.  Zacha and Bratt are flirting with 60 points per 82 GP rates (Zacha has managed 60 points over his last 84 GP)...of course, it'd be real nice to see them do this for 80+ GP in any given season...provided that they can both stay healthy and future seasons aren't interrupted anytime soon, we very well might see that soon.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sure, most players go through hot and cold spells, but Bratt's tend to be very pronounced (especially the cold spells).

That being said, the guy's been better of late than I realized (when I lost my sh!t after that one game)...over his last 80 GP, he's scored 19 goals and added 38 assists...if he can keep that up (and it looks like he very well might with the way his line is playing), I will happily take that from him...if anything, I expect that his goal-scoring will go up.

On a side note, what's funny is that some of the kids have made progress, but due to the on-ice results, we haven't fully noticed.  Zacha and Bratt are flirting with 60 points per 82 GP rates (Zacha has managed 60 points over his last 84 GP)...of course, it'd be real nice to see them do this for 80+ GP in any given season...provided that they can both stay healthy and future seasons aren't interrupted anytime soon, we very well might see that soon.  

Sure. I wasn't disagreeing. Just pointing out that all good things end and NJ is going to need other players to contribute if they're going to... Ya know... Win games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty cool to see that Mercer is 5th in career points from players from the 2020 draft. 3 of the 4 ahead of him (including Lafreniere) are in their second season,  with a much less impressive scoring rate. The only player ahead of him this year is Lucas Raymond, who has had a phenomenal start with Detroit. What an excellent pick.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:
De Leo up, Holtz back down. 

Feels like the right move, sending Holtz back down.  Doesn't really seem like he's ready yet.  But I don't think it's a bad thing that he got a taste.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Feels like the right move, sending Holtz back down.  Doesn't really seem like he's ready yet.  But I don't think it's a bad thing that he got a taste.  

I agree. He got some chances, had a couple of assists. Now he has a taste for the speed of the NHL and can be more ready next time. De Leo has earned a shot even though i don’t expect much from him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I agree. He got some chances, had a couple of assists. Now he has a taste for the speed of the NHL and can be more ready next time. De Leo has earned a shot even though i don’t expect much from him. 

 

101E2FDA-08DE-4653-9540-369D3458DA94.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I agree. He got some chances, had a couple of assists. Now he has a taste for the speed of the NHL and can be more ready next time. De Leo has earned a shot even though i don’t expect much from him. 

De Leo is nothing more than a AAAA guy. He’ll disappear up here, and be back in Utica by next week.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

De Leo is nothing more than a AAAA guy. He’ll disappear up here, and be back in Utica by next week.

True but sends a message to the AHL guys that you will get rewarded. 14 wins in a row you kindve have to show them some love.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.