The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

Over the last 20 games, the Devils PP is 6/55. If that isn't bad enough, they've given up 4 shorties in that period.

Normally I'm not too quick to get on the "Fire the coaches" bandwagon, but Recchi really has to go if they're serious about "playing meaningful games" come the end of the season.

• Like 3

So I finally had the chance to finish Patty's interview on Spittin Chiclets from last week. It was well over 2 hours long and a very good listen.

Some things that stood out:

• Talked about growing up under the Iron Curtain and his family.
  • Talked about how he was literally a no-trade clause away from being a Ranger. Sather refused to give it to him cause he didn't give them to Gretzky/Messier/etc, but Patty knew going there would be brutal from seeing Holik & Gomez, and he wanted control that if he pulled the trigger to turn his back on the Devils, he wanted to say where he'd go next, not Sather. Said Lou told him straight up before free agency that he knew he would get offers the Devils could not afford to match so good luck to him. Once Sather refused the no-trade, Patty want around Walsh to call Lou, he told Lou what he had from the Rangers, but he wanted a no-trade, and Lou said he'd match with the no-trade, welcome back.
  • He echoed with what a bunch have players have said in that he hated playing for Burns but understands his coaching method, but he absolutely hated it. Said Burns and Sutter were the only two coaches who ever made him really consider quitting hockey.
  • TRIGGER WARNING:
    Spoiler

He loves the thirds.

I know there are mixed opinions about the podcast, the hosts and barstool in general but if you just listen to the article, there's minimal RA talking (the heavy boston accent) and Biz shockingly doesn't have a gross story of his own to interrupt the guest with the entire time.

It was well worth it, especially since our current lineup is killing us fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I gotta listen to that one.

I’ve mentioned it but supposedly if Elias had gone to the Rangers, Chara would’ve been the Devils’ big offseason signing that year.

If he had gone to the Rangers and the first two years of that deal had gone the same way that they did here, the fans there would have been all over him.  

On 10/27/2021 at 11:52 AM, mfitz804 said:

PK Slewbban has been fined $5,000 for his trip on Lucic.

Absolutely ridiculous that that is the maximum fine allowed, salary wise I believe that’s like if the average person were fined $25. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/p-k-subban-fined-milan-lucic-calgary-flames-1.1712309%3ftsn-amp

17 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It’s nice to have an inconsistent goalie that’s also an idiot savant

Let’s just point out, I beat Blackwood to this by over a month. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm pretty confident i got you and Blackwood beat by years lol

We require dated proof. 

Brooks called Blackwood a 5th grader for doing it, I think that is ridiculous as I obviously have at least a 6th or 7th grader’s sense of humor. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We require dated proof. 

Brooks called Blackwood a 5th grader for doing it, I think that is ridiculous as I obviously have at least a 6th or 7th grader’s sense of humor. 

Yeah i don't know if i have dated proofs or not but i certainly called him slewbban in his MTL days lol

And fvcking Brooks. Getting on blackwood's case and not on Subban, who's actually the dirty player here and always been

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Let the Bahl puns commence!!

This keep mfitz busy for a while…

‘CAUSE WE GOT THE BIGGEST

BAHLS OF THEM ALL!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Jaros was put on the covid protocol list and Sharangovich was held out of practice (precautionary) so they're just filling the roster. 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/covid-19-protocol-monday-update/c-328960242

Devils had 2 players put on protocol after the NSH game and now another one + Sharon being held out. Gotta think something is brewing. We probably would know if Nico and Graves were false positives at this point.