Jump to content

The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread


mfitz804
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

 

Is someone claiming she is a reporter? Or do people just want her to be because she is the one who has access? I don’t follow her or media coverage whatsoever, but to me, it’s pretty clear what she is, and it’s not a beat reporter or any kind of reporter. 

Im with you, but if we're going to argue semantics, her LITERAL job title is "All Access Host and Beat Reporter"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Im with you, but if we're going to argue semantics, her LITERAL job title is "All Access Host and Beat Reporter"

If that’s how she’s advertised, the I understand the beef. That’s exactly what I wanted to know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I find it kinda hilarious and somewhat creepy the constant hate towards Amanda when Erica Wachter is arguably just as garbage and she's way more in the spotlight. Another blonde robot to regurgitate the same post-game drivel "SO HOW IMPORTANT WAS IT TO GET THIS WIN?!" hurrr idk you tell me Erica?

This is television sports reporting everywhere, it wasn't any different when it was Matt Loughlin asking the questions. The TV broadcast crew is always going to be skewed to homerism. 

It's the independent of the team reporters that this team is missing. Those are the ones that should be asking the tougher questions. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2021 at 1:07 AM, eldon said:

But she does work for the team and not a news organization. So if that's all understood, there's no need to hate on her for the fluff. 

I have more issues with MSG. I wish Erika would get coached to ask some different questions, instead of 'how important was it' line of questions, ....'to end that losing streak' , or '...get off to a good start", etc.  And Bryce's statistic and percentage talk is cringeworthy. We know if we're playing crappy, or getting outplayed, all those stats are going to suck.  Shouldn't someone be coaching them to be more informative and interesting? 

While MSG doesn’t work for the team they are trying to sell a product, so when they continually hype up the Devils playoff chances when they’re ten points out in January it’s annoying to those of us that know better but they’re catering to their casual audience. Bryce and his stats are catering to the stat wonk fans, though he provides solid traditional analysis too. And how deep can Erika, or Deb Kaufman, Christine Simpson, whoever really get with four or five question, two minute hits with a player during an intermission or after a game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I so want to get a look at Holtz playing on Jack’s wing. 

It’s probably too early in Holtz’s development for that combo to make its full impact, but 1000% this. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/1/2022 at 6:22 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

 And how deep can Erika, or Deb Kaufman, Christine Simpson, whoever really get with four or five question, two minute hits with a player during an intermission or after a game?

I don't think enough people take that into consideration.  I always find it hilarious when some of the in-game or post-game reporters are criticized - for one, people like Erica and Amanda people like them didn't play the game, so they're probably not going to give you critical analysis or "tough" questions - their job is to gauge and comment on the pulse of the game.  High-level analysis stuff.  Beyond that, like you mentioned, they simply don't have the time to get too involved in discussions with players - hell, look at what Jack just did in the last game - he abruptly ended the interview practically mid-sentence on Erica - you think he really wants to stand there at the end of the 1st period, or the end of the game after a great win, and answer "tough" questions from a reporter?  fvck no.  He wants to get the hell out of their and catch his breath, and celebrate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't think enough people take that into consideration.  I always find it hilarious when some of the in-game or post-game reporters are criticized - for one, people like Erica and Amanda people like them didn't play the game, so they're probably not going to give you critical analysis or "tough" questions - their job is to gauge and comment on the pulse of the game.  High-level analysis stuff.  Beyond that, like you mentioned, they simply don't have the time to get too involved in discussions with players - hell, look at what Jack just did in the last game - he abruptly ended the interview practically mid-sentence on Erica - you think he really wants to stand there at the end of the 1st period, or the end of the game after a great win, and answer "tough" questions from a reporter?  fvck no.  He wants to get the hell out of their and catch his breath, and celebrate.  

yeah this.

It's simply not their job assignment. Amanda is a beat reporter paid by the team. She's obviously not going to go and throw shades at the team or start asking question that will make everyone uncomfortable so that it's constantly awkward everytime she goes to work. That's like expecting Jen Psaki, the white house press secretary to challenge Biden's decisions and be publicly critical of what they do lol cmon now. Those people will only tell what they are allowed to say.

If we really want to get the dirt and though questions, it has to come from the outside of the organization. Someone like Trent Crimm from the Independent on Ted Lasso.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/1/2022 at 5:00 PM, Nicomo said:

I so want to get a look at Holtz playing on Jack’s wing. 

Let him take feakin Boqvist's spot w/ Nico.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did we still need to draft Miro, especially when we draft Luke and zibillion LD after, in 2017 or Petterson, who has less points and can’t play defense/pk?

it’s great to see how Nico growing up as a player. Hope he will turn back his speed/quickness. Injuries did hurt some part of his game.

Fitz did make a beautiful job when he did sign Hughes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

Did we still need to draft Miro, especially when we draft Luke and zibillion LD after, in 2017 or Petterson, who has less points and can’t play defense/pk?

it’s great to see how Nico growing up as a player. Hope he will turn back his speed/quickness. Injuries did hurt some part of his game.

Fitz did make a beautiful job when he did sign Hughes. 

We won't know for quite some time if signing Nico and Jack to these long-term deals was the right move, but I definitely supported rolling the dice for both.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

We won't know for quite some time if signing Nico and Jack to these long-term deals was the right move, but I definitely supported rolling the dice for both.  

I like to take a bet on Hughes and give him 8kk, than take a bet after a couple of years and give 10-12. 
His today game worth it.
Nico doesn’t worth 7.5 mil before, but now he play with mister lazy .ss Zacha and Boq-who?-vist and make a job and result for his money(Hayes as example, and he play better overall game than HPetterson).

it’s a good strategy, when you have a crap roster and a lot under cap hit. Today it can look like overpayment, tomorrow it’s a cheap deal.

How much Bratt will cost for the organization - is an interesting question. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, devlman said:

But hey, she works for the team so don’t expect Devils news!

it's HER Twitter account. Not a NJ Devils twitter account. She can post wtv she wants. You guys are getting ridiculous.

Also gotta love how you picked this tweet from 15 hours ago to try to project that she's not posting about the devils and ignored the actual tweet about the few Devils twwets she posted in the last few hours. Why are you even doing this?

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it's HER Twitter account. Not a NJ Devils twitter account. She can post wtv she wants. You guys are getting ridiculous.

Also gotta love how you picked this tweet from 15 hours ago to try to project that she's not posting about the devils and ignored the actual tweet about the few Devils twwets she posted in the last few hours. Why are you even doing this?

Everyone wants her to be breaking news stories when it is rather obvious she isn't permitted to do so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

it's HER Twitter account. Not a NJ Devils twitter account. She can post wtv she wants. You guys are getting ridiculous.

Also gotta love how you picked this tweet from 15 hours ago to try to project that she's not posting about the devils and ignored the actual tweet about the few Devils twwets she posted in the last few hours. Why are you even doing this?

That wasn’t a good example.

A good example is how last night, TG, a beat writer who left the Devils years ago and now covers the Capitals, out-scooped her about news for a team she is supposed to cover (the Hamilton injury).  He even beat her in reporting that Hamilton went to the hospital.

When you put that into the equation, her Captain Planet tweet (or at least the optics of it) makes her look like a clown at best and incompetent at worst.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Guadana said:

I like to take a bet on Hughes and give him 8kk, than take a bet after a couple of years and give 10-12. 
His today game worth it.
Nico doesn’t worth 7.5 mil before, but now he play with mister lazy .ss Zacha and Boq-who?-vist and make a job and result for his money(Hayes as example, and he play better overall game than HPetterson).

it’s a good strategy, when you have a crap roster and a lot under cap hit. Today it can look like overpayment, tomorrow it’s a cheap deal.

How much Bratt will cost for the organization - is an interesting question. 

Ok… Boq-who?-vist is pretty funny. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

it's HER Twitter account. Not a NJ Devils twitter account. She can post wtv she wants. You guys are getting ridiculous.

Also gotta love how you picked this tweet from 15 hours ago to try to project that she's not posting about the devils and ignored the actual tweet about the few Devils twwets she posted in the last few hours. Why are you even doing this?

Cherry picked? It’s one of her recent tweets. She posts a lot of garbage for someone who wants people to follow her for devils content.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Cherry picked? It’s one of her recent tweets. She posts a lot of garbage for someone who wants people to follow her for devils content.

yeah that's 100% cherry picked.

First you called her out like she's not giving Devils news by posting ONE post that isn't Devils related. Ignoring more recent tweets about the Devils. Then i've been counting her tweets going down trying to see how many there is before there's another "non devils related tweet" and i had to stop counting cause i was in the hundreds... and im still just scrolling and its ALL Devils.

Actually i just ran into the first non-Devils Tweet and it was on Dec 31 and it was about Betty White.And then it continues with Devils only stuff. So you're narrative that she post "too much" garbabe is simply not true. I challenge you to go on her twitter and scroll through and not admit that its not like 99.9% all Devils stuff she's posting. She literally posted 2 non-devils tweets in the last week and you get on her case for one? Come on man

The problem with Amanda is that she's not giving us the news we really want at times. But that's outside of her control its pretty clear. So no point in piling on her for that, she loves attention. She sure would if she could

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah that's 100% cherry picked.

First you called her out like she's not giving Devils news by posting ONE post that isn't Devils related. Ignoring more recent tweets about the Devils. Then i've been counting her tweets going down trying to see how many there is before there's another "non devils related tweet" and i had to stop counting cause i was in the hundreds... and im still just scrolling and its ALL Devils.

Actually i just ran into the first non-Devils Tweet and it was on Dec 31 and it was about Betty White.And then it continues with Devils only stuff. So you're narrative that she post "too much" garbabe is simply not true. I challenge you to go on her twitter and scroll through and not admit that its not like 99.9% all Devils stuff she's posting. She literally posted 2 non-devils tweets in the last week and you get on her case for one? Come on man

The problem with Amanda is that she's not giving us the news we really want at times. But that's outside of her control its pretty clear. So no point in piling on her for that, she loves attention. She sure would if she could

Crossing my fingers for you she reads this bro 🤞🏻

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.