Jump to content

The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread


mfitz804
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Don't jump at me here - but I hold Zacha and Bratt in the same sort of category, as far as guys with enough talent to be really good players in this league but have yet to prove they can consistently do it for multiple seasons.

Now, this year Bratt seems to be on another level and it sure doesn't seem like he's going to disappear in Feb-April.  Zacha though seems like he's fading per his usual routine.

Zacha as a consistent 40-50 guy - sounds great.  Just don't think he's proven he can do it.

I’m jumping at you!

It’s a bad comparison. Bratt is a far, far better hockey player. My eye test tells me that, the advanced stats tell me that, his production tells me that (Bratt - 0.61 PPG  - Zacha 0.45 PPG). Bratt is a line driver that has played well with pretty much any line mates he’s had.

Zacha however seemed to only be at his best with none other than…Bratt. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of the rescheduled Devils games...of course, hard to think that there won't be more postponements before the season ends (some games have actually been pulled IN, to open up dates for other games):

Image

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

All of the rescheduled Devils games...of course, hard to think that there won't be more postponements before the season ends (some games have actually been pulled IN, to open up dates for other games):

Image

They announced that they will stop testing asymptomatic players after the allstars break so it should stop that non-sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

All of the rescheduled Devils games...of course, hard to think that there won't be more postponements before the season ends (some games have actually been pulled IN, to open up dates for other games):

Image

Devils-Montreal game number on the left. You can’t tell me that wasn’t on purpose 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edit: Grabbed an old post, whoops.

Anyway, general point was that I'm really starting to think Blackwood is just dumb as rocks.  His comments after the game last night were.. not great.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

All of the rescheduled Devils games...of course, hard to think that there won't be more postponements before the season ends (some games have actually been pulled IN, to open up dates for other games):

Image

This would matter if the Devils had a chance at the playoffs, but since this season is already a write-off... who cares I guess.

Sucks to be a player though, cramming all these extra games in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Edit: Grabbed an old post, whoops.

Anyway, general point was that I'm really starting to think Blackwood is just dumb as rocks.  His comments after the game last night were.. not great.

His vaccine hesitancy didn’t already convince you he was a dumb sh!t?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Fitz is a joke at this point. His inaction is criminal.

These comments are starting to give me anxiety lol. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

What kind of action he must do now and how?

New coaching staff, get the cancerous nASS and co out from behind the bench. Let Dineen come up and work with this mentally Charmin 10-ply Ultra Soft team and if he’s not the right fit, let him go back to Utica next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If not for him poking his head out to watch his son play for Buffalo I'd have assumed he was a missing person at this point. 

I’m losing more confidence by the day that he has any idea of what he’s doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's almost February.  At this point, I am expecting him to do nothing about Ruff and to mostly focus on being a seller at the trade deadline.  In other words, same sh!t that Fitz/Shero have been doing for the past few years.

Any action on Ruff that would have been meaningful would have happened before the new year.  Instead, either him, ownership, or both are comfortable with punting yet another season away.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's almost February.  At this point, I am expecting him to do nothing about Ruff and to mostly focus on being a seller at the trade deadline.  In other words, same sh!t that Fitz/Shero have been doing for the past few years.

Any action on Ruff that would have been meaningful would have happened before the new year.  Instead, either him, ownership, or both are comfortable with punting yet another season away.

I’m so tired of this garbage. There is absolutely no piss and vinegar in this organization at all. Just passive acceptance, and continued FUTURE’S BRIGHT BRAH, GOTTA LEARN HOW TO WIN BRAH, YOUNG TEAM BRAH bullsh!t. Is ANYONE mad about the other night besides Nico? I saw some post the social media team posted of Johnsson pretending to be a reporter asking Mercer questions yesterday, laughing, joking, like all is well. Someone throw a fvcking water cooler or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's almost February.  At this point, I am expecting him to do nothing about Ruff and to mostly focus on being a seller at the trade deadline.  In other words, same sh!t that Fitz/Shero have been doing for the past few years.

Any action on Ruff that would have been meaningful would have happened before the new year.  Instead, either him, ownership, or both are comfortable with punting yet another season away.

The Arizona loss is a rock bottom loss. If they didn’t do anything after that, you’re right. They won’t be doing a thing. It’s yet another year of selling at the deadline, and staring at top prospect lists, and cheering for ping pong balls.
 

But hey at least we were sorta in the race until January this time so everything’s good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It's almost February.  At this point, I am expecting him to do nothing about Ruff and to mostly focus on being a seller at the trade deadline.  In other words, same sh!t that Fitz/Shero have been doing for the past few years.

Any action on Ruff that would have been meaningful would have happened before the new year.  Instead, either him, ownership, or both are comfortable with punting yet another season away.

The Flyers changing coaches ultimately didn't pay off (after an initial surge), but at least they fvcking TRIED to shake things up.  And were able to recognize that Vigneault was no longer the right guy.

Yeah, like MD2020 just said, just seems like there's this passive acceptance of losing, and with Shero/Fitz, it's the same chain of events:  make some offseason moves and hope they pay off...if they don't, oh well, preach patience and "trusting the process", then do little to nothing until the deadline, sell off what you can, then maybe next year it will be different.  I feel like I'm among the most patient of Devils fans, and even I've finally had enough.  That absolutely putrid disaster of a game vs the Yotes should have been the final straw for Retread and the Retards.  But nope, they apparently get to keep on fvckin' up.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The culture of the Devils right now comes from all the way at the top.  Do you think Reynolds puts any sort of pressure on Fitz?  Do you think Weber puts any pressure on Reynolds?  Do you think Harris/Blitzer put any pressure on Weber?  By the way things appear, the answer is no to all three.  This sort of apathy eventually trickles down to the players and here we are at.  We have a team that seemingly is OK to punt season after season, have a press corps of just team employees, cheaps out on things that requires no cap ceiling or, more importantly, floor (coaching) and seems to care little about maintaining arena outside of window dressing and ways to squeeze every penny out of every fan.

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m so tired of this garbage. There is absolutely no piss and vinegar in this organization at all. Just passive acceptance, and continued FUTURE’S BRIGHT BRAH, GOTTA LEARN HOW TO WIN BRAH, YOUNG TEAM BRAH bullsh!t. Is ANYONE mad about the other night besides Nico? I saw some post the social media team posted of Johnsson pretending to be a reporter asking Mercer questions yesterday, laughing, joking, like all is well. Someone throw a fvcking water cooler or something. 

It was very quick, but did you notice how empty the room was?  Literally the only "media" people in the room are Devils employees.  Even the post-game press conferences are a giant show.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

It was very quick, but did you notice how empty the room was?  Literally the only "media" people in the room are Devils employees.  Even the post-game press conferences are a giant show.

Clown show sh!t. It’s a joke.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I've been checked out of hockey for weeks now, and my buddy from Philly was texting me that the Flyers now have TWO different 10-game losing streaks this season. Which made me laugh. 

And then I looked at the standings. Which made me cry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So I've been checked out of hockey for weeks now, and my buddy from Philly was texting me that the Flyers now have TWO different 10-game losing streaks this season. Which made me laugh. 

And then I looked at the standings. Which made me cry.

I’m so done with this hockey season. I don’t even care anymore. It’s not even enjoyable with the way things are right now. Pretty much every team I loathe is good (except the Flyers), and we blow. It’s honestly not even fun at this point. 

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.