Jump to content

The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread


mfitz804
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

i hope the devils offer him a chance at retiring to save face. he deserves as much after the career he’s had, and — by all  accounts — the man he is. 

still want him gone tho

side note does anyone know where he got that photo? i don’t ever remember posting it here but maybe I did? 

You did post it, but to bring it up in an e-argument is a line that shouldn't be crossed. His account is suspended till after the season.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bro. Please ban that guy. He brings nothing. 

Yeah this.  Has was getting on Hughes in the deleted GDT, but because I respect him and know that he's not the trolling type, I was more than willing to have dialogue with him, even if I didn't agree with his criticisms.

The other only comes around during or after losses to stir sh!t up.  And posting those MB3 pics are way over the line (and creepy as well).

1 minute ago, DevilMinder said:

You did post it, but to bring it up in an e-argument is a line that shouldn't be crossed. His account is suspended till after the season.

Thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

posting my personal photos seems to be a little creepy, but maybe that’s just me. 

i understand why you don’t post photos of yourself though. i wouldn’t want others to see those eleven chins either, little butterball.

Wait a minute, he posted your personal photos???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

yes haha, that’s me and my wife. kudos and back taps are accepted. I’d say she married me for my money but she makes more than me, so maybe she married me for my massive wrench. you should see it, it’s literally the biggest wrench of all time. got it at home depot. 

I don’t mean to post your personal photos, but you opened the door. 

 

4500F93B-76C9-4EAB-B27C-0B2CD1C2E119.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wait a minute, he posted your personal photos???

I think it was a photo I'd already posted on this website, but yeah. It was.......... weird. 

41 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

 

You did post it, but to bring it up in an e-argument is a line that shouldn't be crossed. His account is suspended till after the season.

gg DM, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Thanks for this, its way too easy when everything is going wrong on the team to just focus on the results.

You forget that at the end of the day these are people trying their best. Lindy is probably losing more sleep than us over the way the team is playing. He is just a guy at the end of the day trying to do his job and dealing with life at the same time. 

Whatever happens going forward I hope he is treated with respect and his situation is handled with some class, because he has always come across as a good guy. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

 

You did post it, but to bring it up in an e-argument is a line that shouldn't be crossed. His account is suspended till after the season.

You are way too nice. Should have been permanent. But it’s your site. 

Anyway, imagine actually using +/- as your sole argument against a forward in 2022… 

I just can’t :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You are way too nice. Should have been permanent. But it’s your site. 

Anyway, imagine actually using +/- as your sole argument against a forward in 2022… 

I just can’t :lol:

imagine using +/- as an argument against a forward on the fvcking New Jersey Devils. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You are way too nice. Should have been permanent. But it’s your site. 

Anyway, imagine actually using +/- as your sole argument against a forward in 2022… 

I just can’t :lol:

...........that said, minus man bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, MB3 said:

imagine using +/- as an argument against a forward on the fvcking New Jersey Devils. 

If I recall the last time I read our stats, all of our players are minus men. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If I recall the last time I read our stats, all of our players are minus men. 

if there’s a player on the devils who isn’t, that probably means they have a total of 4 minutes of ice time lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Thanks for this, its way too easy when everything is going wrong on the team to just focus on the results.

You forget that at the end of the day these are people trying their best. Lindy is probably losing more sleep than us over the way the team is playing. He is just a guy at the end of the day trying to do his job and dealing with life at the same time. 

Whatever happens going forward I hope he is treated with respect and his situation is handled with some class, because he has always come across as a good guy. 

 

I like Lindy and think he’s just been saddled with two worthless assistant coaches and GM. The players also seem to like him. He wouldn’t be first on my list of staff to fire. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If I recall the last time I read our stats, all of our players are minus men. 

 

41 minutes ago, MB3 said:

if there’s a player on the devils who isn’t, that probably means they have a total of 4 minutes of ice time lmao

Bratt is the only player who isn’t. And he’s at an even 0. 

Anyway, just google +/- outdated metric and you will see about 50 different articles on why it’s the most useless stat in all of hockey.

This one in particular gives a good breakdown as to why:

https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/11/01/behind-the-numbers-why-plusminus-is-the-worst-statistic-in-hockey-and-should-be-abolished/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, devlman said:

I like Lindy and think he’s just been saddled with two worthless assistant coaches and GM. The players also seem to like him. He wouldn’t be first on my list of staff to fire. 

I think Lindy might be a decent assistant coach. Although Rag fans weren’t fond of him apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

 

Bratt is the only player who isn’t. And he’s at an even 0. 

Anyway, just google +/- outdated metric and you will see about 50 different articles on why it’s the most useless stat in all of hockey.

This one in particular gives a good breakdown as to why:

https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/11/01/behind-the-numbers-why-plusminus-is-the-worst-statistic-in-hockey-and-should-be-abolished/

It’s a stupid individual statistic because a guy can get a plus while standing at center ice jerking off if his team happens to score while he’s doing it, and minuses work the same way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

The main problem with this gag is that he has a much better chance of breaking his stick and/or missing the net than he does hitting a teeny weeny target.

I guess after this, he gets to slewfoot Wee Man?  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The main problem with this gag is that he has a much better chance of breaking his stick and/or missing the net than he does hitting a teeny weeny target.

I guess after this, he gets to slewfoot Wee Man?  

Was going to say I have visions of that shot hitting the end boards ,rebounding and smacking Chris Pontius in the face. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Was going to say I have visions of that shot hitting the end boards ,rebounding and smacking Chris Pontius in the face. 

I’m gonna guess they had to use some Hollywood magic to get that shot even on net

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

“PK Subban Slapshot take 76. Try to get it near the net PK. Thanks”

Seriously, of all of the NHL defensemen out there with a hard shot, PK was the best that they could come up with?  At the very least, see if Dougie might be interested first!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Seriously, of all of the NHL defensemen out there with a hard shot, PK was the best that they could come up with?  At the very least, see if Dougie might be interested first!

casual hockey fans know PK subban wayyyyy more than they know dougie.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

casual hockey fans know PK subban wayyyyy more than they know dougie.

Be that as it may, Dougie has a much better chance of not causing bodily harm to the Jackass cast and crew.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Be that as it may, Dougie has a much better chance of not causing bodily harm to the Jackass cast and crew.

I think you missed the point of Jackass. Safety is not the primary concern.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.