The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

3 minutes ago, eaglejelly said:

I think you missed the point of Jackass. Safety is not the primary concern.

Good point, but I don't think they realize how PK has the potential to do harm to just about everything except the back of the net, heh heh.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Good point, but I don't think they realize how PK has the potential to do harm to just about everything except the back of the net, heh heh.  

It took them 26,012 takes, 54 broken sticks, and 2 shattered panes of glass in the RW corner before he actually hit the "target."  Based upon the per hour ice costs, it was the most expensive scene ever filmed in Jackass history.

Edited by Chuck the Duck
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Guadana said:

+\- is a bad stat, but not in the case of Severson and Zacha. This stat doesn`t show enough deep of the problem.

“this statistic is only useful when it fits my narrative” isn’t the way stats work my dude.

The results, plus's the performances we are seeing from players who have not reached their current levels before add weight to Holtz's statement. 

Will be interesting to see if we can hold onto him if a vacancy comes up somewhere. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Promoting Dineen might not be a bad idea.

I could be totally wrong, but I have a feeling Fitz's plan might be to let Ruff and Co finish out the season, then bring up Dineen to be the new head coach (at least that would explain why Fitz never attempted to make any changes to the staff).  He's keeping Dineen in Utica right now to help the kids (some of whom, like Holtz, could be joining the big club very soon).  If that's the plan, I can live with it, as much as I hate nASS being here any longer than he already has.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

“this statistic is only useful when it fits my narrative” isn’t the way stats work my dude.

that was some kind of irony. I don`t need a stat to tell why we must replace them. And if I will use stats, it will be a huge book. Without +\-. Or with. It doesn`t care. Because it doesn`t change reality. Severson is useful player, but his next contract isn`t the deal we must take on our shoulders. Zacha is Zacha. I did protect him a lot, but "all good things come to end".

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I had the complete opposite opinion lol. Especially the awkward interviews going on.

The interviews are definitely odd - I feel like they're lacking emotion and situational awareness....they just seem rushed and like crickets are going on.  I think it's partially due to the guys doing the announcing - I don't think they're "hockey" guys.  If they had a former player doing it, I think he could relate better and engage the players as he's interviewing them.  

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

God I hate this. Ovi did something off the cuff everyone liked 10 years ago and every year since there always has to be a gimic.

Yeah I don't really like it either... eventually (if it hasn't happened already), everyone is gonna run out of ideas and ways to be unique.  But Jack's was pretty creative, as was Zegras'.  

Also, how has no one ever dressed up like the Mighty Ducks? Especially since Zegras is actually on the Ducks.... that would've been awesome.  

And Wilson should dress up like the Chiefs.